Friday, April 8, 2011

Pink Prettiness!!!! 1st Attempt at new Copic Hair Color Techniqe Feathering. One of my FAVORITE Stamping CARDS Yea!!!! Made Pink Card for a Special DT project more on that later.

"Pretty in Pink Project"
Hello and Happy Friday Everyone!!!

Well I had so much fun making this project last night!!!  I think after taking about a 5 month sabbatical after having a Baby I am at a point I can start stamping and creating again on a more normal basis not just once or twice a week like I have been since January, and you know what if felt so good to color and stamp and create last night!!!  So you should be seeing many more posts from me now that I finally have a baby sleeping all night and am getting more sleep myself!!!

I made this Card for a special Design Team I decided to submit my application to.  The iCopic Store is calling for a New DT and you know I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, my Copic Markers and the iCopic Store.  You too can apply for this DT Call if you LOVE Copics, coloring and all things iCopic you can see the DT Call Post on their Blog here:   I shared several pictures below because while playing with my new Professional Canon Camera I have def. been getting lots of different results so I am learning each time I use it.  You can see some of the differences below!!!  I LOVE my New Camera!!! Cannon EOS 60D Yea!!!

I went through all my papers to find some of the Great Pink DSP's that I have both of the ones I chose actually are SU! DSP's.  I stamped up the TGF image Thursday, and then colored her with Copics, then I cut her and the background out using Spellbinders Fourteen Die Cuts, and Cross Die Cuts also from Spellbinders Die Cuts.  The Card Back is SU! Kraft Cardstock.

I also added some fun Washi Tape I got from The Greeting Farm Online Store a while back it is on each side and across the bottom of the card!!!  I sponged the edges of the image panel with Pretty in Pink SU! Ink, and colored around the edge with a RV06 Copic Marker.

So this is my FIRST time to do several things, #1 Practicing the Hair Feathering Technique, also the use of Washi Tape, the use of Spellbinders Nesties Label's 14, and Spell Binders Cross set, and also the use of Websters Pages Bloomers Flowers in Dark Green.  So I tried all kinds of new products I had sitting around waiting for some designing attention!!!!  Yea!!!!

So below you can see the samples of my image I colored up using Copic Markers.  The first one is before I put it on the card, matted it in Kraft Card Stock and sponged the edges in Pretty and Pink.
I used these Copics to color this image:
Skin: E000, E11, E21
Hair and Crown, and Outfit and Boots: RV00, RV02, RV06, RV09, E50, E21, E26, E28
Eyes: G21, G24

And Last the Side View to help you see the dimension on the card.  Images and Die Cuts popped up with excess Foam and Rubber from the Greeting Farm.
Well above is the picture with a Flash late at night.

Below are pictures of the card using No Flash.  The colors are much more true to real life in the pictures
above.  Below it is much more warm in nature!!!


Well I hope you have an Awesome Friday.  Tucker is heading out to the Farm for the week and he leaves around 11am this morning.  Then Grandma will bring him back to us next weekend when she comes down for a visit and to bring my niece and one of my Nephew's to see the Play Little House on the Prairie, and to take all the kids on an old fashioned Steam Engine Train.

Don't forget to check out the iCopic Store, and then the iCopic DT Call!!!!

Have a Stampendous Weekend All!!!

Heather

5 comments:

Regina said...

hello, my sweet friend
WOW!! What a fabulous card! Your colouring is perfect and such a sweet image! The result is stunning!

Enjoy your weekend!
sending big hugs
Regina

Jean said...

Cute love the hair coloring, came over for the candy cane celebration card. Those images are adorable and I loved that card!

Nancy said...

The hair is perfect!! I love the technique on it, and the pinks are awesome!! So glad to see that you are getting back into your crafting a bit more!! Baby Meadow must be getting so big!!

Emily said...

Hey girl...sorry i missed your call, I went o n a walk with the family after a BBQ and they didn't leave till after 12..Kutter is teething so he was up @ 3am...now it's 6am and I'm just checkin in b/c i remembered your message!!! Love this card, Love the image, Love the colors, Love the flowers....ummm I guess I love this card!!!! Glad things are turning up for you...it's been a love March for your family!!! I'll have to call you tomorrow/ I guess it's today, after I wake back up.....goodnight!!!!

Emily said...

....I ment long march!!!!