Thursday, April 14, 2011

How to create a fun Princess Art Kit Gift Set for a Little girl, or even a Big Girl!!!! Fun, Fun, Fun!!! Family Happenings for this week to! :-)

"Lily as a Princess" - Gift Set

Hi All,
.......
Well I am going to share with you a Kit my two oldest daughters and I made this week for a little girls Birthday Party. I needed a gift for one of Piper's little friends, and I thought of this idea to make a "Princess Art Kit".

In other news.  It has been an interesting week, but in the end a good one overall.  Tucker has been up at the farm with Grandma and Poppy Jim (Marvin's Parents who live 3 hours away)  He LOVES the farm and would live up there if we let him!!!  My girls have been really excited because their cousins Abi, and Nate were coming down for the weekend to go to a play at our Children's Theater in town the Play is "A Little House on the Prarie"  Unfortunetly we got the call today that Abi and Nate and all of their siblings are all sick so they won't be able to make it.  I told my girls when I had to tell them and they were so disappointed that Abi and Nate are probably more disappointed then even they are so we should think of them more then ourselves right now.  Poor kids they were really excited all of them I am pretty sure!!  We also have tickets to ride this old antique Steam Train on Saturday so Marvin's Mom is still coming down to bring Tucker home and we will still go to the play with our kids and Marvin's Mom, and on the Train on Saturday so not all is lost Yea!!!!


Meadow and I have enjoyed our Mommy and Baby alone time this week we don't get that very often so we really enjoyed that time!!!!  Meadow is sitting up by herself really good now so that is a LOT of fun and she no longer wants to be layd down anywhere.  Her current favorite place is in the Laundry Basket with her favorite toys she adores being sat up with toys and a blanket in the Laundry Basket!!!  Too Funny, and Too Cute!!!!  She just gets so excited to sit in there and I am not quite sure why, but she is!!!  So Friday late morning I get my boy back and, we sure have missed his excitement and boyish play around our house this week!!!!!  So excited to have the whole family back together tomorrow!!!


Marvin's Mom is also coming down to help start making some plans on meals and such when we all go to Florida and Disney World next month Yea!!!!
.......
I am going to show you some pictures of what the gift items looked like before I started and then again after they were decorated to make:
........
"A Princess Art Kit"
.......










.......
So the first Picture is all the items I used to make up the
"Princess Art Kit Gift Set"

.......

I bought a Cute Princess bag. I was going to make my own, but when I saw this one and the Crown comes off to make the little girl a crown I knew it would be perfect for this gift.
.........








.......
So there was a gift bag, Scented Crayons, Journal, Book with pages to paint, Water Color Paints, Pencils, a cute lavender and Velvet Feathered Pen, and Disney Princess Rings. I changed the Disney Princess rings into a Lily Princess ring, and made all the other items "Lily Princess" decorated items to go in the "Princess Art Kit"
........

Lily was colored up 3 different ways Light pink dress, and bright pink and lavender accents, Bright Pink Dress and light pink and lavender accents, and lavender dress and light and dark pink accents. I learned it takes about 5 to 6 minutes to cut out each Lily. I have never timed it before, but when you are cutting out 11 of them you start looking at the clock. I tried a bunch of different ways to make it faster and all of them took 5 to 6 minutes. I have told Melissa over at Pink Cat Studio we need a Lily Punch!!! LOL
........

I forgot to take a picture of it, but I also wrote on the bag in the star.
"Princess Art Kit" I dressed up some more of the Cinderella Lily, and Snow White Lily, and Tinkerbell Lily's for this Gift Bag.
.......

Here are a view close up's of the altered art items to make them Princess Lily art items. I used my shimmerz paints in various places all over the kit items to really make them sparkle!!!!
.......

Here is the "Princess Lily" ring I made.
The crown looks red, but it is light pink and bright pink. My girls loved them. Another favorite of thiers was the Pretty velvet and feathered lavender Pen with "Princess Lily" on it!!
.......

I just added the above close up so you could see the Shimmerz I painted on different images of the "Princess Lily's" and the Accessory images of the kit.
.......
Well I hope the little girl who gets this loves it. The next one will go faster because I know what I want to do now, but this took me around 5 hours to do this project over a couple of days, but that is mostly because I had to design it and start from scratch and next time I will have a much better idea of what I want. Maybe next time I will not be cutting the Lily's out, or at least not 11 of them anyway!!! LOL.
.......
Gift Set Recipe:
.......
Paper: The Card Stock colors are SU Pretty in Pink, Passion Pink, Lavendar Lace, and Whisper White.
Inks: Momento Tuxedo Black. SU Markers in Lavendar Lace, and Passion Pink, Copics in ROO, E00, E51, E95, RV00, RV04, RV08, BV00, BV02, BV08, Y00,Y02, Y06, Yo8, B00, B02, B06, R65.
Stamps: Dress Up Lily from Pink Cat Studio, SU Pretty Princess , Elegant Alphabet, and Doodle Alphabet from SU. Oh and another princess set I can not think of the name right now it is SU too.
Accessories: 1 1/4" Circle Punch SU, Score Pal, Paper Cutter, Scissors, Self Adheised Rhinestone Brads in many sizes came as a sheet from Hobby Lobby diamond jewel tone (these are all over the project on all the Princess Hats, Crowns, and Septars.) Stampin Dimensionals, Glue Dots.
..............
Heather

3 comments:

AK Stamper said...

What a wonderful way to spend doing crafty things with your kids and it turned out soooooo cute!!

Shell~Alaska♥

Annette Bowes said...

Hi Heather, been a while since I popped by, but lovely to catch up, baby Meadow is just a gorgeous addition to the family!! Hope Abi and Nate are feeling much better. How was 'Little House on the Prairie'? We have the tv series upto season 7, classics, we love them. Gorgeous Princess gift packs, have a wonderful weekend, take careX:)

Lisa said...

Heather, Miss you girl! You always do such beautiful work... love your blog! I am awarding you the Stylish Blogger award! Check it out on my blog at http://lisaspaperhearts.blogspot.com/2011/04/hannahs-in-antioch-so-much-to-love.html
Hugs!
Happy Stamping
Lisa :)