Friday, January 14, 2011

As I sit here holding a Miracle.... Disney World... and Country Boy Can Survive! A new Card for a Baby Shower to! :-)

Babies, and Stamping, and Hunting, and Disney World!!!


Happy Friday Friends, Family, and Stampers!!!!

I am sitting here holding and cuddling a little Baby Girl who is so stuffed up and gooky nosed she can't breath well but she is still so HAPPY!!!  We should always try to be as Happy as Baby's are!  The world would be a better place with lots and lots of smiles!!!  :-)

Wow what a whirlwind the last couple of weeks have been.  I have had sick kiddo's for 2 weeks now, with both the Stomach Flu which lasted a long 6 days for Poor Tucker and he lost 5 lbs which he did not have to loose poor guy he looks like a little Ethiopian kido now!!!  We will have to buy some Ensure and have him drink a couple a day to try to bulk him up again!  It was a rough couple of weeks.  I went through moments of not knowing when my last shower was or when my next one might be.  I felt like I started my day one day and ended my day 9 days later with no more than 3 to 4 hours of sleep any of those nights. 

 Now it has been 5 more days since then and I have had a little more sleep but my poor little Baby Meadow still has a icky cold and is not feeling the best yet.  She is so full of nasal gook that she can't breath to well but she is still full of smiles and Happiness!!! : D.  Willow has not gotten sick with either the Respiratory Cold yuck or the Stomach Flu the Piper and Tucker got so bad, and Meadow has not had the Stomach Flu just the Respiratory Cold stuff.

I have a Card to share with you today I made it for a Baby Shower coming up soon.  I took torn up post it notes and moved them down diagonally every little bit and sponged the Pink, Green, Yellow, and Blue to get the background effect.  I hope you like it I loved doing it, FUN stamping and being creative again!!! :-)

Here are a few pictures:


Created the diagonal variegated color strips by sponging with SU Inks Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, and Bashful Blue.

Added some pretty wired organza shimmery ribbon in light Pink, Green, Baby Blue, and Yellow to the top and the bottom of the card made the Darts by using Glue dots, Colored the Baby Gift images with soft chalks and SU Markers.

Did Paper Piercing and Paper Piecing and used a Silver Gel Pen to accent that.


Close up of Ribbon and Baby Gift image.
Paper Piecing on the Dress and distressed the edges of the image layer with the same SU inks.

So there is my card for the day. 

Now onto a few new pictures of Baby Meadow.

Here it is in Black an White
These pictures are just a few of her 3 month pictures taken by Whitney Hamilton Photography, I changed the photo colors to the Black and White, Slight Color and White, and the Sepia tone just to see how it changed the photo.  I will share more of the Photo Session on my next post.

In Sepia Tone:
And in Full Color:

Now for Family News:
This weekend is Marvin's 17th Annual Country Boy Can Survive Hunting Trip.  He and his College Buddies started this while they were still in College and they have done it every year except for one since then.  The Actual even starts tonight but he and his younger brother Mark went up to the Farm (3 hours away) where they grew up and his parents still live and went Deer Hunting today with another buddy who is from the area and Deer Hunts all the time Marvin has never been Deer Hunting before.  The rest of the 10 guys will be showing up tonight and tomorrow they will be Pheasant Hunting for Saturday and Sunday and then Sunday night he will be back home.  He took Tucker up there to stay with Grandma and Poppy while Daddy goes Hunting.  The Hunters are staying at a Rental Hunting Cabin a few miles from his Parents Farm.

Disney World:
Well it is not set in stone yet and I guess there is still a chance we may not go for sure but Completely Out of the Blue (mostly because one of the Pastor's at our Church is going to Disney World in December and is always very excitedly posting about it on Face Book) I decided just to start researching a Trip to Walt Disney World.  Well we may be totally crazy but there is a strong possibility that we may be going in late May early June this year.   It is funny to think that a week ago it was not even a thought on our minds and now I have spent so many hours and hours of researching everything Disney that it seems to be almost a reality now!!!  I found so many cheap ways to do the trip I never thought it would be possible but it looks like it is way more possible then I thought it could be with a family of 6 and 4 kids one who is a baby!! :-)

I could not believe how affordably we could do the trip if you research all the most reasonable ways to obtain Air Fare, Condo Stay, Rental Car, and Disney Tickets!!!  If we go it will be a 10 day trip 7 at Disney and one or two at the Beach and visiting other places. 

We asked Marvin's Mom if she would like to go with us to help with Baby Meadow, and see Disney and all the cool stuff at Epcot, Hollywood Studio's and The Wild Kingdom Parks as well as visiting the Beach and Maybe Kennedy Space Center.  She said she thought that would be fun so if we go I think she will come along with us, and that will make things so much easier when you have an 8 year old, a 6 year old, a 3 year old, and a by then 8 month old with 3 adults instead of 2!!!

I am sure I will be updating you way more on this topic as we make the final decision and start to book plans and the excitement builds!!!

Well I hope you have a Very Very Stampendous Friday everyone!!!

Heather

1 comment:

Regina said...

Baby in red! What a lovely photo!

A wonderful destination you've chosen! A dream for every child!
Nice to hear that Marvin's mother is on the tour, a great help!
If I should ever travel to U.S. would be the Disneyland also a goal for me.

Is my Christmas package arrived?

wish a wonderful weekend und
sending big hugs
Regina