Friday, August 20, 2010

Farm Fresh Friday Challenge with The Greeting Farm DT girls - A Cool Color Challenge and a Fun 3-D Project

A Cool Color Challenge and

 a 3-D Project!!!!!

Happy Happy Friday All,

Some Family News and Updates for this week.
How is everyone doing???  I am doing good just very very PREGNANT :-)  Piper started school this week and is now gulp in the 3rd Grade (how did that happen???)  Willow will start Kindergarten next week and she is very very excited about it!!!   This week has been a crazy busy week doing all the Back to school things, Piper had her first cavity and filling which ended up turning into a Root Canal for my little 8 year old.  What an experience that was!!!!  Willow also had her Kindergarten assessment with her new teacher, and today we helped watch one of my friends little boys because she started Nursing Anesthesia Classes this week.  Tomorrow I am looking forward to having nothing to do but play with the kids!!!!

If you want to see some Pregnancy Pictures of what I look like BIG OL HUGE me you can scroll down one post I posted Prego pics last week!

Farm Fresh Friday Challenge Details this week:
Today's Farm Fresh Friday Challenge is one of my Favorites of late I had so much fun using the great colors and the super cute Marina image to create this Pocket Project to hold two Book Marks in.

After you get done here at my blog head on out to The Greeting Farm Blog and my Team Mates Blogs to see all the totally creative ways they also used this fun challenge.

If you want to play along for the prize this week just make a project using this color challenge and a TGF image, then upload a link to your project in this weeks Farm Fresh Friday Challenge Folder in The TGF gallery by next Wednesday evening.  The winner will be announced on Friday next week.


DT for The Greeting Farm - "Critter Crew"


The Greeting Farm - Farmers DT girls:
Here are the colors from the Color Challenge for this weeks Farm Fresh Friday Challenge.
They are Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango, and Hawaiian Shores.  (Basically it is Orange, Green, and light Blue)


And here is my project for you.  I made a Pocket Holder for two Book Marks and I plan to send this with Willow for her Teacher next week on her first Day of School.  I used the ultra cute Marina Critter Crew image Randi with Flower which is a Digi Image you can purchase over at The Greeting Farm store.

I used SU Card Stocks in Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, and Pumpkin Pie with some SU patterned papers in the same colors.
I colored up the Randi with Flower using these Copic Markers:
Fur: C1, C3, C5, C7
Clothes: G20, G21, G24,
YR00, YR04, YR68,
 B21, B12, B02, B05
Above is the Pocket Holder and both Book Marks.
On the Pocket Holder I added some boarder Card Stock Stickers from and old SU Simply Scrappin Pack, which includes the green boarder at the bottom and the flower and leaves, and the flower boarder on the Pocket down fold.
and here is one last close up of the two Book Marks.  Both of the Patterned papers are SU DSP's and the Randi with Flower image.
I hope you all play along this week the Prize is your choice of 3 of the New Creeper image in rubber Yea!!!!
Heather

10 comments:

Shaela said...

what great bookmarks to start off the school year! And Randy is just so cute on them ;)

Cindy Haffner said...

SWEET, you nailed these colors Heather.

Jacqueline said...

How Adorable Heather!! I LOVE these and they are so perfect for a teacher!! So funny a few of us used Randy as well!! :D Thanks for all the well wishes and sweet words!! Big hugs to you sweetie!

Kristine Reynolds said...

What a great idea Heather! Love your coloring and the colors are perfect for the challenge!

XOXO
Kristine

kadie said...

Heather! omgoodness, Girl! I can't believe you haven't had that baby yet!! :)

You are the sweetest!! I get the biggest smile whenever I think of your sweet self, whenever I read one of your heartfelt notes AND whenever I see your AWESOME projects! This is SUPER DUPER cool, Girlie!! I love the card plus bookmark idea!! It's both a card and a gift at the same time!! SOOO SMART!! I bet all the teachers at school are so excited when they see your child's name on their roster...because they know they're in line to get the coolest handmade gifts!!
P.S. I just have to tell you that I LOVE LOVE LOVE all your kids names!! I can't wait to hear the sweet sweet name of #4!

Deconstructing Jen said...

this is just adorable Heather! You put a ton of work into this... it's awesome! Hugs!

Tangii said...

So cute Heather!

the whimsical butterfly said...

Love this project-what a clever and cute idea and you totally rocked the color combo! Thanks for all your help the other night getting the post up! Really really love this!

Kim Nath said...

This is so cute and such a great idea! Hope your feeling well, I had both my kids at the end of the summer so I know exactly how you feel (hot, right?) I was so happy to get em out of there!

little cardmaker said...

Sweet sweet sweet. Great project!