Friday, July 23, 2010

A Very Special Birthday Blog Hop for a Very Special Friend and Stamper - Combined with today's Farm Fresh Friday Challenge for The Greeting Farm. Jess you know I love you to make this project just for you with your favorite colors even BROWN!!!!


Happy Birthday Jess Blog Hop, and "Dont

 Forget to Floss"

 Farm Fresh Friday Challenge

Hello and Happy Happy Friday Everyone!!!

So today is a very special day!!!!  It is my Good Friend Jess's Birthday and as Jess is also the DT coordinator for The Greeting Farm - Farmers DT, Club Anya DT, Critter Crew DT, and Scrap Book Kit DT we all wanted to have a Happy Birthday Blog Hop with most of us DT girls to tell Jess just how much we love her!!!!

Most of you know Jess as The Whimsical Butterfly and if you know her you know two of her favorite colors are PINK and my personal most unfavored horrible allergy to color BROWN. 

So Jess will know when she sees this just how much I love her because Just for her I worked with that horrible ooooogly color Brown just for her!!!  I also added lots of her favorite color Pink!!!!  Jess loves to write and keep track of feelings and events and actions and events from your family and her daily life so I thought it would be fun to make her a Journal for her Birthday!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESS - I Love Ya Girl!!!!

So today just for Jess you can hop along with us and then leave comments on entries as you wish, but to win the Prize you have to leave Jess a special Birthday Greeting on The Greeting Farm Blog by Sunday night!!!!

So you came to my Blog from the Fabulous Jen from The Critter Crew DT's Blog and after you are done with your visit here, you will head on out to the next stop on the Birthday Blog Hop to sweet and talented Kristy's Blog!!!

Here is a list of all the Farmers and Critter Crew links for our Normal Farm Fresh Friday posts if you need to get to any of  the links, but most of the DT is all doing the blog hop today too!!!


DT for The Greeting Farm - "Critter Crew"

The Greeting Farm - Farmers DT girls:
Mercy Kerin

So this weeks challenge is "Don't Forget to Floss Challenge" So I combined my Birthday Project for Jess with the Floss Challenge which is to use embroidery Floss on your Card or Project.  I used twine embroidery Floss and sewed some of the letters on the "Happy Birthday Jess" sign on the Journal with the twine embroidery floss.

I used SU card stock in Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Pixie Pink, and Tempting Turquoise on the Project and the SU stamp set Delight in Life.  I used the same colors of ink as the Card Stock and Chocolate Chip ink to distress around the "Happy Birthday Jess" part of the journal.  All the layers are popped up using excess foam and rubber from my TGF Stamps.
I colored the Pinto Pony image from The Greeting Farm in these copics:
Fur: E31, E35, E39, RV00, RV02, RV06, B00, B02
Grass: G20, G21, G24,
Birds: W00, B60
Here is the "Happy Birthday Jess" Part of the Journal you can see the letters I sewed with the twine embroidery floss.
And one last view of the Journal so you can see some of the dimension on the Journal.

Well I hope you have a very FUN time on the Fun Birthday Blog Hop for my Friend Jess and I hope you play along in the Farm Fresh Challenge this week just link your project up to The Greeting Farm Gallery for this weeks challenge "Don't Forget to Floss" by this coming Wednesday Night!!!!

Have a Very Very Stampendous Friday everyone!!!!

Heather

26 comments:

Kelly Booth said...

So Cute Heather...Love this..Jess will too!

Cindy Haffner said...

Heather jusst so DARLING!!!

Pam Varnell said...

Very cute journal Heather. Jess will love it.

Leanne said...

AW this is super sweet! Jessica is going to love it. BTW, you did a great job with the BROWN.. :)

Sammi @ Mad for Markers said...

How sweet!! And that brown even looks GREAT! LOL
xxx

the whimsical butterfly said...

LOL you are so funny! Wow, yep-I am definitely very amazed that you used brown! I can feel the love, indeed! I was FLOORED to see this hop today-you guys are sneaky! Thank you SO SO SO very much for this wonderful gift-I treasure it and am really getting teary-eyed reading these posts!

Dawn said...

very clever card Heather... so pretty

Cecilia said...

Too much brown!!! but looks fab.

AnnikaS said...

you are a true friend, I think you did a great job with the brown.
hugs from Annika in Sweden

Regina said...

what a fantstic cover! I love that color mix!

hugs and so much love
Regina

Kristy Young said...

Super cute Heather :)
Kristy xx

Sandra said...

What a gift!! So clever to combine it like that!!

S

Karyn Schultz said...

Happy birthday Jess!!!

France said...

Cute Journal ! I'm sure Jess will love it !

jan farnworth said...

very cute.

Nat said...

Wow Heather! What a great sample, thanks for sharing...I can tell a lot of time and thought went into this gift! happy birthday jess! Thanks for all your extra efforts!

Jovita AKA Tia Goofy said...

Happy Birthday Jess!
very cute

djones said...

Cute idea!

Mimi said...

what a great gift! fantastic details! ;)

kadie said...

Oh Heather, what a sweet sweet idea and wonderful treasure for Jess!!
I'm not surprised though because you are a sweet sweet FRIEND!!

I wanted to thank you so much for the really nice message you left for me today. I've been having a hard week and God totally used you to brighten my day. Thanks so much.
Lots of love and hugs,
kadie

crafty amy said...

This is a great hop. You have worked the brown lol and happy birthday Jess :D

xx

Jenny V. said...

Great notebook Heather. I'm sure Jess will love it!

cheribella said...

Clever idea...everyone needs a notebook. Looks like Jess is getting a little of everything.

gobeagirl said...

Hi Heather. This is super sweet! I love it. Hugs, Lisa G

Thistleblue said...

Sweet card, great image! Happy birthday to jess!
hugs
Michelle
xx

CCC said...

I'm thinking My Pretty Pony...