Thursday, July 15, 2010

Scrap Booking Challenge with the Die Cuts R Us DT Girls - Distress Everything!!!! Some of my Very Very Very Favorite Pictures Ever!!!!! Pumpkin Patch Time.

A Distressed Pumpkin of a

Patch Layout!!!!!

Happy Thursday Everyone!!!!

Well man has it been a crazy week at my house.  Not much time for stamping Piper first got Strep Throat and then we started all the stuff for the County Fair.  This is Piper's first year in 4H so it is our first year to participate in the County Fair but as busy as it has been and it only began today Piper is very excited.  She spent from 9am to basically 8pm at the Fair today having her Rabbit Judged, turning in all of her projects, and then helping build a booth for her 4H club tonight.

Piper showed her Bunny for the first time today and she was in 3 Categories and she got Blue Ribbons in all 3 Categories so she was super excited about that!!!!

Now onto this weeks Scrap Book Challenge with the Die Cuts R Us DT.

This week our challenge was to Distress everything.  When you get done here be sure to check out my Team Mates many of them have layouts for you to see too!!!


The Team:
Heather (Me)

This weeks Challenge is to Distress Everything!!!!  At first I planned to distress with inks and things like that and then as I got working I just had to go with the roughed up distress look so I distressed the papers and the pictures instead of with inks I used my Trusty Kitchen Knife and some Sanding Blocks to distress them.
Here is my Project for the Distress Everything Scrap Book Challenge.

I distressed all 32 edges of the card stock and pictures with my trusty Kitchen Knife, because I wanted a rugged look.  I also distressed the 12 x 12 paper with sand paper blocks but that does not show up to well in the pictures!!!!
Recipe:
Stacie Clair Boyd 12 x 12 DSP
Basic Grey - Green At Heart DSP

The pictures are from the Halloween when Piper was 2 1/2 and Willow was 4 months old.  The Big picture in the layout is one of my favorite pictures of Piper ever!!!  I am glad I finally got these pictures scrap booked!!!  I am looking forward to adding some die cut pumpkins and bling to this layout later when I find just the right ones to buy!!!

Here is Piper with the Purple Balloon she got at that Pumpkin Patch.
Piper, Willow, and I on our front porch.
This picture is pretty cropped down but the full version of it shows her running through this huge pumpkin patch this is another of my all time favorite pictures of her!!!!
Here is the Title. 

 I Hand wrote out Our Little Pumpkin on Green Card Stock and then I tore the edges and distressed it by crumpling and folding and scrunching the paper over and over.


Well I hope you enjoyed my Layout these particular pictures have been waiting years to be Scrap Booked so I was super glad when the Paper's Claudia sent us matched them because I love Pumpkin Patch Season and I have a ton of Pumpkin Patch Pictures to Scrap Book!!!!

Off to bed been having lots of contractions lately so trying to maintain light bed rest with feet up.  Which is not very easy at all with 3 kids, 2 Dogs, 3 Cats, 2 4H Bunny's, and 3 Fish, plus one Husband too!!!  :-)

Have a Very Very Very Stampendous Thursday and I hope you join in the challenge and link up to the DT blog link above you have 2 weeks to do your layout!!!

See you back tomorrow for Farm Fresh Friday with us Greeting Farm DT girls!!!!

Heather

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Cute! :) Another fun scrapbook page!

Emily said...

Isn't it funny how things all fall together!!! Great page!! CUTE pic!!