Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Die Cuts R Us Tuesday DT Challenge a Vintage Sketch and a Sassy Girl to Boot!!!! Plus a Benefit for a Fellow Stamper after a Bad Accident!!!!

A Vintage Sketch and Sassy Girl!!!!
Hi Stampers, Friends, and Family,

Happy Tuesday Morning!!!!

Monday was a quiet day at my house as my 8 year old and my 6 year old are in Colorado visiting my Mom and her husband for the week.  They only left on Sunday Afternoon, but I already miss them a ton!!!  So it is just me and my little 3 year old son Tucker and this active little baby growing in my Tummy.  Well that is me and Tucker, and Baby, and 2 Dogs, 3 Cats, 2 4H Bunny Rabbits, and 3 Fish.  So never a dull moment that is for sure LOL!!!

So today is the start of a new DT Challenge over at Die Cuts R Us DT Blog "A Crafty Little Place"
this week is a sketch Challenge and all of us DT used the really fun Designer Paper from My Minds Eye, So Sofie Line too!!!

So check out all of my team mates blogs and the DT Blog for some fun and very talented inspiration to help get you excited to participate in this weeks challenge and win one of the winner buttons too!!!


The Team:
Heather (Me)

Here is the "Vintage Sketch" we all used for our DT cards this week.  Your challenge is to creates something using this sketch and to link it up to the DT blog by next Sunday Night at 9pm!!!

And here is my Creation for the week.  I used SU Card Stocks in Pumpkin Pie, and some totally glittered heavy DSP with the read oval layer.  I love how sparkly and sassy it is in real life.  I used my Lg Scalloped Ovals and Large Petite Oval Nesties to cut out the die cuts, and I added fun sticker rhinestones in the corners I tried to create my own design 4 different times in each corner to match the flourishes in each corner of the sketch!!!
 Recipe:
Pop up Dots

I colored up Sassy Suzi image with these Copics:
Hair: E50, E53, E55, RV02, RV00, RV06
Outfit: B91, B93, B97, R20, R29, R32, R35
YR02, YR04, YR09, E51
Skin: R00, E00, RV21, E93

One last view to see the dimension, the image and layers are popped up using excess foam and rubber from my stamps and glue dots.

I hope you play along this week and I hope you enjoy my creation for today's new DT Challenge!!! 

Die Cuts R Us is also launching a Benefit for a fellow Stamper many of you would know!!!  Here are the details:

Very Special Giveaway


Friends, I am sure by now you have heard what happened to our dear, sweet friend Michelle over at Stampavie. You can read all about it HERE.


Michelle is so nice, and immediately welcomed DCRU into the family of Stampavie retailers. We would like to help out. Die Cuts R Us will donate $1.00 for every participant entry in this week's challenge towards Michelle's medical expenses fund. Plus, every participant will be entered into a drawing to win a Stampavie stamp of their choice from the DCRU stock. Let's show Michelle how much her friends at Die Cuts R Us and A Crafty Little Place care!


* * *
Happy crafting!
* * *
 Have a Very Very Stampendous Tuesday everyone!!!

Heather

3 comments:

the whimsical butterfly said...

Super cute card-love her hair! I did hear about what happened to Michelle and used a Stampavie stamp on my Oh, Alice post a few weeks ago to try to help spread the word-that is awful talk about a scary accident! Great take on the sketch-it's so nice that DCRU is doing this for her!

Gracie said...

Very, very cute card! =)

Regina said...

Heather, my friend, your colors on this card are so cheerfull and Sassy Suzi is colored exquisitely...I love that hair!!!

Hugs, Kisses and a lot of my big smile *lol* and love from me to you!!!