Tuesday, July 6, 2010

FUN new Tuesday DT Challenge with the Die Cuts R Us girls, and A HUGE Sale RUN not walk!!!!! 2 Cards today Surprised??? I am LOL!!!

A Sketch Done in Floral Hawaiian, and

4th of July God Bless America!!!!!


Happy Tuesday Everyone!!!

How was your 4th of July????  We had a great weekend, Marvin took the two younger kids up to his Parents Farm (3 hours away) for two days and came back late Sunday night just in time for Fire Works, then On Monday Marvin had the day off and we all just hung out together as a Family, got some Laundry and Cleaning done and some Craft Organizing too!!!!


So today I have BIG news for you.  Claudia has a BIG, BIG, BIG CHA Anticipation Sale to bring in all the new stuff from CHA she has to get rid of some of the current stock to make room so she is Putting lots of stuff on a 45% - 50% SALE this week through July 12th so head on over to the store (link just below under the Graphic) to check it all out!!!!!  I know you will find something or lots so somethings very cool that you just have to have at these AMAZING Prices!!!!!!

Today starts a new DT Challenge over at our DT Blog A Crafty Little Place!!!!  This week we have a GREAT Sketch and some wonderful papers the DT girls all used as well!!!!  BO BUNNY - Mango LUAU DSP papers.  Now let me tell you I HATE the color BROWN I have a severe severe ALLERGY to that UGLY Color and yet I actually loved these papers believe it or not I liked something with Brown in it!!!!!  I know very weird if you know me RIGHT?????

I also liked this sketch so much I thought this week it would be fun to make two cards for your inspiration to play along this week!!!!   When you are done here head on out to the DT Blog and my talented Team Mates to check out their creations for the week too!!!!  I myself am really looking forward to seeing how they each used these fun papers and the fun Sketch combined!!!!!!


The Team:
Heather (Me)

Here is the great sketch we all used to create our projects for this week's DT Challenge!!!

Here is my First Project.  This one was done using SU Card Stock in Certainly Celery and Old Olive, DSP from BO BUNNY and one of the new Stamps from Last Months Greeting Farm stamps.  I also used two sets of my Spellbinders Nestibilities, Nested Bloom, and Labels #4 my favorite Nesties ever!!!!  I added some Satin Ribbon and some Dew Drops for the Flower Centers too!!!!
Recipe:

I colored up the image with these Copic Markers:
Hair: E33, E35, E29
Dress and Flowers in Hair: G20, G21, G24, YR00, YR04, YR09
Skin: E30, E31, E33, RV21 (When I lightened the picture while editing it actually lightened he skin color too it is actually much more Hawaiian/Asian in shade)
Here is the Side View so you can see the dimension on the card.  All Layers popped up using excess foam and rubber from my TGF stamps and Glue Dots.

Now onto Card #2

I got out SU Card Sotcks in Real Red, and Night of Navy and I used my Nesties in the Large Label shape I used some Satin Cream Ribbon and used my Star Shaped Nesties to cut out the blue and red stars.  I also used my Cuttle Bug Star Embossing Folder too!!!!  I love that Folder!!!

 Recipe:
May Arts Cream Satin Ribbon
Copic Markers
Glue Dots

I colored up this image in these Copic Markers ( you can not see all the shading in his hair for some reason but in real life all the tips and edges are a dark blond and the inner parts are light blond)
Hair: E50, E53, E55,
Hat and Shirt: R20, R32, R35, R29,
Bandanna and Jeans: B91, B95, B97
Boots and Belt and Star: E31, E35, E29, Y02, Y08, Y38

And Here is that side view to see the dimension again and you can see the embossing folder on the Red layer too!!!!

Don't FORGET to RUN not WALK over to Die Cuts R Us store to check out the AMAZING Sale!!!!!  and I hope to see you play along in the challenge with us this week too!!!! 

Have a Wonderful Tuesday!!!!  Willow has a really bad Ear infection so I will be taking her to the Dr. in the Morning to get her feeling better she has been crying off and on all day when it starts hurting I KNOW Ear infections HURT really bad so I really feel for her!!!!

Heather

4 comments:

Sparkle said...

These are just darling!

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Adorable cards, Heather!! Hope Piper is feeling better!!

Regina said...

Wow stunning cards, so cheerfull!

hugs Regina

Cara said...

Heather, beeeeeautiful card! Hope Piper's eye is better.
Hugs!!