Friday, July 16, 2010

Farm Fresh Friday Challenge with The Greeting Farm DT - HUGE $25 Prize this week!!! Challenge - Digi and new Technique Challenge. I created my own Patterned Paper using a Digi Image and Word.

Creating Fun Patterned Paper

with Digi Images

Happy Friday Everyone!!!

This week we have a really fun fun fun challenge for you for Farm Fresh Friday!!!  The Challenge is to use a TGF Digi image and to create something using a new Technique you have been wanting to try, or a Technique you have recently gotten into!!!

I tried out two new things.  1.) I created my own Patterned Paper using WORD Document, and a TGF Digi Image Toby Painter (to decorate my kids Paint Brush Holder)
2.) I used the technique Farmer DT member Randi Whall uses where she isolates certain parts of images and colors them and then leaves the rest of the image un colored.

For lots more fun Techniques the DT girls tried out check out all of their blogs below and check out lots of samples on The Greeting Farm Blog (link below)

DT for The Greeting Farm - "Critter Crew"

The Greeting Farm - Farmers DT girls:
Mercy Kerin

So How did I make my own Patterned Paper???

I opened a Word Document and I added in about 10 of the Digi image I wanted on the Paper then I changed image sizes and made them all over the paper some side ways, some upside down, some small some big, some catty cornered ect... 

You can also do this in Photo Shop by opening a new page making the page the size of paper 8.5" x 11" translucent in color and add the Digi Image in several times and turn them all the different directions ect... 

Then save the image both as a Photo Shop document so it can be changed later and a JPEG image so it can be printed.  Then just print out your new Patterned Paper and color how you want it.

Here is what the Full 8 1/2" x 11" piece of White Card Stock looked like after I printed it out.  You can see the section I colored and then cut out to fit my Paint Brush Holder.

And Here is my Finished Product.  A Decorated Paint Brush Holder using my very own Patterned Paper I created using a TGF Digi Image!!!
The New Technique I wanted to try was making my own Patterned Paper using Word Document / or Photo Shop if you have it, and a TGF Digi Stamp. 

So I choose to decorate a Paint Brush Container with Toby Painter image.  I created my Digi Paper and then randomly colored different parts of Toby on the Paper and then I Colored one Full Toby and added him popped up on the Container.  I thought this was a fun way to Decorate my kids Paint Brush Holders.


So after I made and colored my own Patterned Paper I cut it to fit the Paint Brush Holder and then attached it to the container using Glue Dots and Sticky Strip (Red Line Tape).
Lastly I attached the popped up Toby Painter fully colored Digi image which I cut out using my Large Scallop, Scallop Circled Nesties and matted it with some Basic Grey DSP.

I am going to let my kids add a label that says Paint Brushes to the top of the Container tomorrow.



Well I hope that you play along in the Challenge this week the Prize is pretty Big so you do not want to miss out!!!!

PLAY ALONG by uploading your card or creation to the TGF Gallery>Contests/Challenges>FFF>Digi do something new? Use a DIGI + a new technique!



You ahve until Wed. July 21st to enter to WIN the new DIGIS by Marina Neira PLUS the Jessica Hymas digis-that's a total of EIGHT digisstamps and about a $25 value!!!


Have a Very Very Stampendous Weekend!!!!!

Heather

4 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

So COOL Heather, FABULOUS idea.

Kim Nath said...

OMG that is just the coolest and a most brilliant idea!

Cheryl Walker said...

Super CUTE Heather!!!! Love your coloring on this, beautiful job hun!! :)

Hope you are doing well, miss ya!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

the whimsical butterfly said...

This came out GREAT and I never would have thought to make PP out of digis but it's a great technique! Bet the kids LOVE it!!!