Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A SAD Goodbye to a Great Challenge, Some Talented Kids, and a Wonderful Group of DT Woman!!!!! The Last Diedrich Dare Challenge!!!!! HUGE HUGE HUGE Prize Pack!!!!!!

An American Colored Challenge and a

Big Send off to a Great Challenge, Great Kids,

 and a Wonderful group of  DT Sister Stampers!!!!!
Hello Stampers and Friends!!!!

Today I have a SAD announcement, and a FUN Challenge to share with a HUGE HUGE HUGE Prize!!!!

I could not say it better then Jess the Mommy of the Great Diedrich Dare Kids did so I will let her tell you about it in this little note from Jess!!!

A Note From Jessica Diedrich Mommy to the Great Minds behind  Madelynn, Jack, and Nicky Diedrich "The Diedrich Dare" Challenge
Today's post is bittersweet as we have a HUGE prize to give away, a new challenge, and an announcement that today's challenge will actually be the last for the Diedrich Dare.

We have had such a WONDERFUL time over the past year and a half enjoying the sketches of my wonderful children and some special guests too :0) Truth be told, the last few times I asked for sketches I could see the enthusiasm waning a bit and as they get older (sniff sniff!) we have so much going on here...basketball (for both boys and my older girl this year), swimming, bigger homework loads, and just recently Madelynn not only joined the school newspaper...she FOUNDED it! Can you believe that? My girl LOVES to write and when there was no paper, she approached the school and asked several teachers until one finally said yes :) I am SO proud of her!

That all being said, with my growing commitments and lots of work ahead of me as well, work that I LOVE, we are closing our doors. I want to THANK ALL OF YOU for your enthusiasm, playing along each week and for the wonderful participation we've encountered.

Most of all, I want to thank my Daredevils. These girls remain my friends always and have seen us through some pretty wild changes and through it all, I know each and every one of them has my back and has had so much to contribute as team members. Please leave some love for:Whimsical Wednesday's Design Team


Andrea Murdock
Cassie Larson
Heather Schlatter
Jacquie Peifer
Jessica Diedrich
Kim Ross
Kris Palakiko
Randi Wall
Rebecca Ednie
Sara Henton
This week we have ONE FINAL CHALLENGE. An inspiration photo chosen by my fearless Team Leader , Jacquie. Ugh...what can I say, this is a tough one. If not for Jacquie, I would never have been able to re-start the dare after LAST year's summer hiatus. Jacquie has been more than just our wonderful leader and enthusiastic Daredevil, she is my friend and I adore her. THANK YOU Jacks for all your hard work! We love ya!

Want to play along this week? Add your card to the DARE by Tuesday, July 13th at 8pm CST to enter to WIN this fabulous "Going Away" Prize! ONE LUCKY WINNER will receive the following:

2 Digital designs by Baby Bud Stamps

2 Rubber Stamps from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!
3 High Hopes Stamps from Scrappin Great Deals!

(No Picture)

"Sweet Message" stamp set by The Greeting Farm!


1 Digital Stamp and 1 Stamp from Queen Kat Designs donated by our own DT member Sara!
We hope that you'll play along with us ONE last time and give the DARE the proper send-off these Daredevils deserve! Thanks for your loyalty and support and we will miss you but definitely see you all over blog land! Remember, entries close July 13th at 8pm CST!

Now all of that being said for me the saddest part of closing down this FUN challenge is saying goodbye to all of my wonderful supportive Diedrich Dare Team Mates!!!  They are a WONDERFUL group of stampers and a wonderful group of Friends too!!!!  I will so miss designing with them and getting to interact and enjoy the Diedrich kids too!!!! 

So when you are done here please head out and leave the girls some love as this will be our last time to Design together in this group of  DT sisters!!!!

 
The Dare Devil Designers:
The Winmsical Wednesday Diedrich Dare Challenge Blog:
Cassie Larson... Heather Schlatter... Jacquie Peifer... Jessica Diedrich... Kim Ross...Rebecca Ednie... Sandra McLean...Randi Whall...Kris...Andi...Krista...Sara

For our Challenge this week Team Mate Jacquie picked out this great inspiration piece for us to design off of!!!!!  Isn't it great???  I just loved the colors and the Cup Cake too!!!!


And Here is my Creation for this great inspiration!

I used SU Card Stocks in Brilliant Blue, Real Red, and Whisper White.  I used stamps from The Greeting Farm (Retired Wonderland Set) and Pink Cat Studio Lilly Set.  I added some fun Prima Flowers, SU metal Brads, Sheer Organza Ribbon from Hobby Lobby, and I used my Nesties Labels #4 too!!!
Lily and the Mushrooms are colored up using these Copic Markers:
Skin: R00, E00, E95, RV21
Outfit and Wings: B21, B24, B29
Hair: Y02, Y06
Mushrooms: R20, R32, R35, R29

Well I am off to bed, but I hope that you will play along in this challenge with us.  It would be great to get lots and lots of participants to send the Challenge off in style!!!!  The kids have done amazing fun sketches and inspiration the last year and a half and I will really really MISS them and this challenge!!!!

Have a Wonderful Wednesday Everyone!!!!

Heather

4 comments:

Expressions of a Creative Mind said...

It's so bittersweet leaving messages this week. Reading your message made my heart swell. You're such a sweet girl & I've enjoyed working with you since that time on etsy. Many HUGS!!
BTW, your card is just precious & it reminds me of your sweeties

Kris said...

What an adorable card!!! Love everything about it! the cutesy image as well! Wishing you all the best Heather!! So glad to have met you and work with you!! =D

the whimsical butterfly said...

What is that saying? All good things come to an end? ;) Well, here's to new beginnings then, and thanks for being a part of it as long as you were! You know this goes way deeper than the challenge blog when I say THANK YOU. btw, your card is super cute!

Kelly said...

Gorgeous card Heather!! Love the bright colours and the image is too cute. Just popped in to see how you're doing...hope everythings well with you and that babe inside. It won't be long now...you're in the home stretch ( no pun intended...LOL ) I will pop back in, in September to see how your delivery went...Know that Kendra & I are thinking of you and we wish you an easy delivery and a speedy recovery. It's gotta be a piece of cake now since this is your 4th one!! ha,ha!!
Take care...Hugs xxx
Kelly