Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Whimsical Wednesdays - "The Diedrich Dare" DT Creation using my Favorite Paper and Favorite TGF Anya Image!!! A Huge Challenge this month with HUGE HUGE Prize Package from 4 different companies you have to play along!!! Today is my sweet Willow's Birthday - Happy 6th Birthday my "Willow Tree"!!!!


A Very Cool Inspiration Picture and

 my Favorite TGF Image!!!

Happy Happy Wednesday Everyone!!!!

Today is my sweet sweet Willow's Birthday!!!!  It makes me Happy and sad because she is turning 6 and that does not seem little anymore she has been my pride and joy (along with her brother and sister) for 6 years now.  Willow is a very very happy, easy going little girl since the moment she entered the world and she is just the best daughter anyone could ever ask for!!! 

Happy Birthday my Sweet Sweet Willow!!!

6 Years ago today God gave me one of the most Preacious Blessings of my life.  My Sweet Adorable Kind and FUN 2nd Daughter Baby Willow.  The moment you arrived your Daddy and My Hearts doubled in size to make room for out Love for you!!!!  I treasure every moment and every day with you sweet girl don't ever change you are an Amazing little Person, Brilliant in your own right and I love you so so much I will never be able to express just how much to you!!!

We LOVE YOU Sweet Willow!!!

(here is one of my ALL Time FAVORITE pictures of Willow)

Now onto other news you will be so excited when you see this months challenge and all the prizes that are up for grabs this month at Whimsical Wednesdays The Diedrich DAre Challenge!!!

Here is a quick note from Jess our awesome leader and owner of the Challenge!!!

Hey Everyone!
Can you believe it's JUNE already?! I know I sure can't! Well, once again with summer having come around and the kids being EXTREMELY excited to get out to the pool everyday, basketball camps, writing camps, etc. The DIEDRICH DARE will be taking a bit of a break....
HOWEVER....
We are issuing a challenge TODAY AND the 1st week of July to keep you busy...and just to keep you intrigued? We have one HECK of a PRIZE!
Today's Challenge is a WONDERFUL inspiration piece that my sweet friend Sara sent to me because she knew I'd love what it said. It just so happens it makes for an EXCELLENT summer challenge too! Here's the photo:
Now...here's the deal. You have ALL MONTH to play along. There are NO restrictions on number of entries, etc. You just have to link it up here and we have to be able to see the inspiration piece somewhere on your card or project.
Entries will be accepted until JUNE 30th, 2010 at 8pm CST.
The catch? Well, ok, it's NOT a catch..it's more like LOOT....TONS OF IT! CHECK THIS OUT:
ONE lucky winner will receive:
TWO Kraftin' Kimmie stamps of Choice, sponsored by Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!



This HUGE prize from Tamiko's:
1. Spellbinders Frameabilities Scalloped Edge Frame
2. 1/4" Scorepal tape
3. Sticky thumb adhesive tape
4. Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad
5. Robin's nest tear drops
6. Robin's nest dew drop
7. Robin's nest mini dew drops
8. 2-3 bags of Lion coffee (a little something from Hawaii)

A FREE Digital Image sponsored by Daredevil herself, Sara Henton
TWO Rubber Stamps from a newly released BabyBud Designs (manuf. by C.C. Designs) sponsored by Daredevil Krista VanTol!
ONE 4x6 Set of choice from The Greeting Farm
Can you BELIEVE the generosity of these sponsors??? I am SUPER stoked for this and it's nothing we've ever had the privilege to offer our players before. I cannot WAIT to see who the random winner is!

Well, as they say in Hollywood, "that's a wrap" for now...but we will see you in a few weeks and in the mean time, HAPPY STAMPING and good luck to all who participate!

So Now that we have heard from Jess about the challenge and Prize for the next month here is this months Inspiration Image you can create whatever your hearts desire leads you to as long as we can see something from this Inspiration picture in your project.  Link your projects up to the Diedrich Dare Challenge Blog (Link Below)
After you have checked out my card visit my team mates for more Challenge Inspiration!!!!
 and the Diedrich Dare Challenge Blog (Links below)

 
The Dare Devil Designers:
The Winmsical Wednesday Diedrich Dare Challenge Blog:
Cassie Larson... Heather Schlatter... Jacquie Peifer... Jessica Diedrich... Kim Ross...Rebecca Ednie... Sandra McLean...Randi Whall...Kris...Andi...Krista...Sara

Now Here is my Take on that Inspiration Picture!!!!  Last year I made a card like this one only with lots of home made Peace Signs on it for a Try out for Club Anya DT and when I saw this Inspiration Picture I knew it had to be done with these same papers and image from The Greeting Farm.

I used SU! Card Stocks in Tangerine Tango and Kiwi Kiss, and I used Basic Gray DSP Lime Ricky which I just happened to be able to buy a pack of the last one I could find or I would not have been able to make this card!!!
When I saw this Basic Gray Paper at Achiever's I totally knew right away it would be perfect for Hippie Anya!!! It had a real Psychedelic feel to me!!!  And when I saw that Inspiration Picture I thought the same thing again!!!!
I am slightly upset that all my shading I was so proud of, is not showing up each of the petals on the Peace sign flower are shaded with 2 different shades of Copics and her shirt and pants are shaded too, but for some reason not showing up in Blog Land!!! I even used my Ott light and no flash Hhhhmmm????

So Here she is do you like her??? I used the papers from Lime Rickey and SU Card Stock in Tangerine Tango for the Card Back. I also used my new EK Success Boarder Punch Dotted Waves to do the wave boarder on the 3 matted paper layers.

I just thought the papers fit so well with her!!!!

Here was the Original Card I made last year for the DT tryouts the only difference is I did not make all the Peace Signs again for today's card I kept the layout and papers and such though because I loved this layout.  Which one do you like best???

To make the Peace Signs I used SU Circle Punches and Punched the smaller circle then punched the bigger circle around it to get the outside of the Peace Sign and then I hand drew the center lines of the Peace Sign and cut them out then glued them to the Peace Sign and then I colored them with Copics to match the coloring of my image.



I colored Anya up on NeeNah Paper with Memento Ink and Copics.


Copics Used:
Outfit: YG05, G14, YR04, YR09, B21, B24, R39
Hair: Y02, Y08, Y38, Y28, Y11, B21, R39, YR04, YG05
Skin: R00, E00, E93, R21
Here is the last view of the Picture to show you the Dimension on the card all layers are popped up using excess foam and rubber from my TGF Stamps!!!

Well I am off to bed but I hope you enjoy my take on the Inspiration and I really Hope you play in the Challenge this Month who would not love love love to win this amazing prize package???

Have a Stampendous Wednesday Everyone and I will be having lots of  FUN spending time with my sweet Birthday Girl Willow!!!

Heather

4 comments:

Regina said...

hello, Heather
oh, I did'n know Willows birthday! So I have not sending a card, sorry!

What a fantastic card! The paper is perfect for Hippie Anya!

Willow:
Happy birthday, my sweet! I wish you a great birthday with lots of lovely presents!
Regina

Bobbi said...

Hippie Anya is one of my favorite images. I love the dp you used as well. The Lime Rickety line is wonderful. My dd just turned 6 a week and a 1/2 ago, they grow up so fast. So I know what you mean. I miss holding her and rocking her when she was a baby.

Kris said...

Girl you rocked ALL the colors of the inspirational photo!! Love it! Hippie Anya is perfect for the flourishing colors!! absolutely groovy!! =D

the whimsical butterfly said...

She's absolutely adorable! Love that combo of papers and her rainbow shirt! Happy bday to your Willow!