Sunday, June 6, 2010

Scrap Book Page Challenge with Die Cuts R Us DT. Let's Get Scrappy and a Scrap Book Sketch. Our Honeymoon - 2000

A New Scrap Book Challenge -

 "Our Honeymoon" Page

Happy Sunday!!!!!!

How are you today???  We are doing good it is so HOT here for this Pregnant Mommy but I am trying to stay inside and stay as cool as possible!!!

Well this last week I joined the Scrap Book Challenge Team at Die Cuts R Us a DT I was already on, but I was not on the new Scrap Book team and now I will be doing the Bi-Monthly Scrap Book Challenge with them as well.  So Every other week I will be doing the Tuesday Card Challenge and every other week I will be doing the Thursday "Let's Get Scrappy" Challenge with them.

So this challenge started this past Thursday.  Some personal family issues came up that required my attention so I am a bit late putting up my first "Let's Get Scrappy" Challenge Post but I thought this challenge was fun and it got me scrap booking again so I wanted to make sure I got it up for everyone to see.  I hope you will join in with us on the challenge this week.  You have two weeks to do each Scrap Book Challenge!!!

Here are the links to our New DT Blog, The Die Cuts R Us store, and my very talented, supportive, and sweet team mates!!!!  Check out the DT Blog and their personal blogs from Thursday to see what creativity the Scrapped too!!!


The Team:
Heather (Me)

Now I can never seem to figure out how to get that perfect picture of Scrap Book pages?????  How do you take your Scrap Book pictures????  So anyway since the OTT light and my Flash on my camera
put a shine on the pictures on the Scrap Book page I am putting the pictures on here for you to see if they are hard to see on the scrap book page anyway.

In August Marvin and I will be Celebrating our 10th Anniversary and so when I saw the papers Claudia sent us to work with them made me think of some of our Honeymoon pictures.

We Honeymooned at the Caesars Palace Resorts in The Pocono's in August of 2000.  There were 4 Resorts and we choose to stay at Paradise Streams Resort because it was mostly for Honeymooner's.  We did have a rental car and visited all 4 of the resorts to do certain activities at each resort as well.

Each night for Dinner there was a Theme and these pictures are from the Hawaiian Tropical Night which was the 2nd night of our Honeymoon.  I hope you enjoy the pictures and the Scrap Book page.  The resort had a Photographer that came to our table each night and took pictures we could purchase the next day.  Being the Picture Fiend I am I purchased all of the pictures from each night to remember out Honeymoon by!!!

Hawaiian Tropical Night Honeymoon Pictures - The Pocono's



Now here is this weeks sketch we were to follow for our "Let's Get Scrappy" Challenge.



Doesn't that sketch look like fun???  I thought it was fun to Scrap Book anyway!!!
I changed the Stars on the Sketch to Flowers and I diagonalised the Journaling spots and I used the strips across the page to use the wonderful EKt Success DSP from Die Cuts R Us.

So Here is my Page I took two different pictures and uploaded them, but looking at them they almost look like the same picture LOL!!!
Recipe:

Here is a Picture of the Actual DSP I used to help complete the sketch available at DCRU link just above.  EK Success Desinger Paper.
Above is the list of the products I used from Die Cuts R Us on this challenge and the links to them.


Well that is about it for tonight this sketch and challenge were so fun to do and it felt so good to get a Scrap Book Page done, as I am so so so far behind on my Scrap Booking and I started out stamping as a Scrap Booker first so I am going to try and get back to it and get some of our Precious Memories in Pictures on Card Stock and Paper again!!!!  I hope you join in on the challenge and "Get your Scrap On" too!!!

Have a Very Stampendous Sunday Everyone!!!! 

Heather

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Very cute!! You got married a year after me! :)
To photo my scrapbook pages, I lay them on teh floor or couch or bed near a very well lighted window, but out of the sun, and make sure my camera flash is OFF. Good luck!

Regina said...

That's fantastic! I love the pictures and the layout! It's cute memories!

hugs and so much love
Regina