Thursday, June 17, 2010

Scrap Book Challenge for Die Cuts R Us DT Challenge - It's All about Dad's this week!!!!

Daddy's Baby Bath Lesson!!!
Hello and Happy Thursday Everyone!!!

How are you doing???  I am doing great just taking it easy these days and trying to keep up with 3 kids the baby growing in my belly, the animals, and the house!!!  All the while trying to relax and keep my feet up at least for part of the day!!!  This week is a very busy week taking the kids to and from Vacation Bible School and helping out with some friends too!!!    The kids are having a great time though and with VBS was for all summer not just this week! :-)

So today is the Bi - Monthly Scrappy Challenge over at Die Cuts R Us (A Crafty Little Place) several of my DCRU team mates have played along in this weeks challenge too!!

So once you are done here check out the Store Blog and the other girls to get some Scrappy Inspiration!!!

The Team:
Heather (Me)

This weeks challenge was to do a Scrap Book Page or Layout with the Theme "All about Dad" for the upcoming Father's Day this weekend!!!

Here is my take on the sketch I decided to get out some pictures from our first born while we were still in the hospital with her (more explanation below)
Here is a close up of one of the embellishments.  I used purple fibers around some of my embellies and pictures.   I also got out some of my fun Metal pieces for scrap booking. 

Here is a close up of one of my favorite pictures of Marvin giving Piper her first bath.  The corner pieces are metal pieces with embossed hearts.
Tag for Journalling
Here is the 2 page layout.
The above Scrap Book pages are from our first born Piper's First Baby Bath. 
 Since I had a last minute emergency C-Section after laboring all day and was not moving around very well, and because I was a nurse on Labor and Delivery anyway the Nurses decided to give my Husband The First Baby Bath Lessons instead of me, so these pictures were of the Nurse Giving my Husband his first Baby Bath Lesson!!!  Thus the Title Daddy's Baby Bath Lesson.

Recipe:
Basic Gray Designer Paper - Kioshi Paper Pad and Green at Heart Paper Pad

I hope you can play along in this two week challenge just create any kind of scrap booking creation with the theme of "All about Dad"!!  Then visit The Crafty Little Place blog (link above) and link your creation up!!!

Have a Stampendous Thursday Everyone!!!  See you back tomorrow for Farm Fresh Friday this week!!!

Heather

1 comment:

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Very sweet layout, Heather!!