Friday, June 4, 2010

Farm Fresh Friday for The Greeting Farm DT - Bring On the Bling Challenge. I will have two posts today a Scrap Book Challene for DCRU coming later today.

Bring on the Bling!!!!



Happy Friday Everyone!!!

How is everyone today???  I am doing great and enjoying summer with the kids we can sleep in and have fun all day I was so ready for Summer to get here!!!!

This week for the Farm Fresh Friday Challenge we are supposed to Bring on the Bling.  Which is to pick out one of our favorite pieces of Jewelry (or at least a piece of Jewelry we like either our own or a piece in an Etsy Shop) and Create a Project off that inspiration!!!!

I just hopped around to all of my TGF Farmer and Critter Crew DT members and they have some really really great pieces and creations so you will have to check them all out when you are done here!!!

DT for The Greeting Farm - "Critter Crew"

The Greeting Farm - Farmers DT girls:
Jessica Diedrich - DT Coordinator
Mercy Kerin
Cindy Haffner
Kadie Ensley
Kim Nath
Mary Giles
Melyssa Connolly
Randi Whall

And Here is the Inspiration Piece I choose these earrings are some of my Funky Favorites so I decided to use them as my inspiration this week.  It is hard to tell from the picture but the earrings are a really sparkly Teal Color with white and Teal crystals above the big part of the earring.



For My Creation I used SU!  Card Stocks in Taken with Teal, Certainly Celery, Basic Black and cool glittered and foil and colored striped paper from a Die Cuts With a View Designer Paper Pack Rock Star.

I embossed the card stock layers with texture using my Cuttle Bug Hearing Bone Embossing Folder, I added some of my favorite ribbon from Hobby Lobby in Teal or Sea Foam and Silver Satin.

The side flourishy things are punches using an SU Punch I am sorry I can not remember the name right now.

I colored this sweet Critter Crew image up using these Copics:
Fur: W1, W3, W5, W00, R00, RV21
Clothes and Hat: G20, G21, G24, BG10, BG72, BG75

And one last side view so you can see all of the dimension on the card.  All layers are popped up using excess Foam and Rubber from my Stamps!!!

Tomorrow (Friday) is a nice laid back day just me and the kids Marvin has a Business Dinner so we will not see him until about Bed Time for the kids so after it cools down in the evening I will be heading out to the Pool with the kids we have gone 5 out of 7 days this week and they are loving it!!!

I hope you play along in the challenge this week just head on out to The Greeting Farm Blog to read the details on how to participate and you could be the winner of this weeks free Rubber Stamp of your choice!!!!!

Have a Very Very Stampendous Friday Everyone!!!

Heather

10 comments:

Sparkle said...

Such a cute card!

Amber said...

Love this! The colors are gorgeous and is that sparkly? LOVE IT!

Shaela said...

love those earrings - I can see why you chose them for your card! :)

Mary Giles (OhioMary) said...

Very cute Heather! The colors are so much fun!

Regina said...

hello, my friend
these colors are beautiful together, your card looks amazing!! Love your use of glitter!
Hope you are feeling well!
Wish you a wonderful Saturday!
sending hugs Regina

Sandra MacLean said...

Talk about being INSPIRED Heather!! The work you put into this card is amazing!! I was sooo looking forward to checking out your card this morning and you definitely did not disappoint, my friend! :)

Hope you're doing well and enjoying this pregnancy. Have a great weekend my sweet friend.

the whimsical butterfly said...

WOWZA! So, so cute....I actually love your card even better than the earrings and you know I'm a sucka for bling :) Very fab take on the challenge! We are loving the pool too-too bad we are 'banned'from it w/ the chicken pox, LOL! I dont think other mommies would appreciate me too much if I tried to go, haha :)

Kim said...

Cute card, it completely captures the look of the earrings!

Cindy Haffner said...

Lovin your bling Heather and all the SPARKLE.

kadie said...

Beautiful earrings and such a FUN CARD to match!! Another awesome Critter Crew inspiratioN!