Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Keep Rockin' the Purple!!!! Tuesday - Die Cuts R Us DT Challenge Sketch this week - and a very Fun image from The Greeting Farm!!!!

Creeper Thursday on a Purple

 Tuesday Sketch!!!

Hello and Happy Tuesday Friends, Family, and Stampers!!!!

Tuesday means time for a New DT Challenge with the Die Cuts R Us Crew.  Now that we have moved to our new Home - "A Crafty Little Place" we have changed our DT challenges up a bit and every week is a sketch challenge!!!

This weeks sketch created by our very own DT Coordinator Gwen is a very pretty and fun sketch at that.  Once you are done here if you have not already been there head on out to our New DT blog and my Team Mates Blogs to see their creations for the week too!!!  (Links below)

The Team:

And Here is this weeks fun and yet very pretty sketch.  I had fun working with this layout!!!



For My Creation this week I colored up a Brand New Greeting Farm image the first Creeper to make it onto rubber she is just so much fun and was a blast to color!!!  The DT girls were using Basic Gray papers this week from this great     Basic Gray Designer papers pack.  I added SU Card stocks in Basic Gray, Perfect Plum, and Pale Plum for the card back and accents. 

 I got out my Nesties to cut out the image and sentiment -  in Classic Lg. Ovals, Classic Scalloped Ovals Lg., and Petite Ovals Lg. for the sentiment.  I added Prima Flowers for the swirls of the sketch.  At first I thought I was going to use a swirl stamp in pretty silver embossing but decided the flowers were more appropriate for that gorgeous flowered Basic Gray Paper!!!  I also added some bling to all four corners by adding diamond rhinestone brad sticker to each corner.

Recipe:
Basic Gray Designer Papers
Spellbinders Dies

I colored this fun Thursday Girl image in these Copics
Purples: V000, V04, V12, V19
Gray's: C00, C1, C2, C3, C5
Skin: R00, E00, E93, RV21

And last for some dimension I popped up some of the elements of the card using excess foam and rubber from my TGF stamps.  Flowers popped up with one layer of foam, Sentiment popped up with one layer of rubber, and Image popped up with one and a half layers of  foam.

Well I hope you all play along in the challenge this week it sure is a fun sketch to do, just pop on over to The Crafty Little Place DT blog (Link above) for all the deets and lots of inspiration!!!!

Today I will be working all day on folding Laundry and making my Teacher Appriciation Gifts for the girls to giver their teachers since Piper's last day is this Friday and Willow will be done on Thursday the 27th of May.

Have a Very Very Stampendous Tuesday Everyone!!!!!

Heather

3 comments:

StampinCathy said...

This is fabulous.

the whimsical butterfly said...

Ok, I think I have a new FAVORITE?!?!? OMG!!! This is adorable! She looks FAB in purple and your coloring ROCKS!!!!

Regina said...

what a fabulous card! The new image is fantastic and your colormix is great!

Sending hugs Regina