Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happy Wednesday Everyone!!!! Whimsical Wednesday - "The Diedrich Dare" DT Creation Sponsored by Sweet Pea Stamps this month!!! Sorry I have been gone a few days was having some contractions so had to take it easy for a few days!!!

A Purple Portrait


Happy Wednesday Everyone!!!!

How are you???  I think I am fine I have been taking it easy for a few days had some contractions and some other things going on and so I have had a few days of Non Stamping and Non Posting just in case you wonder where I have been!!!!  I guess I am stuck on Purple the last few cards I have made all had quite a bit of Purple on them, but I am just loving the Purple right now!!!


Sweet Pea Stamps range anywhere from whimsical to artistic. They are made of hiqh quality, unmounted red rubber. They have an amazing collection of images from three talented fantasy artists: Ching-Chou Kuik, Elaine Cox, and Lisa Victoria. If you would like to see more samples, please check out the Sweet Pea Stamps blog.

After you have checked out my card visit my team mates for more Sweet Pea and Sketch inspiration!!!!
 and the Diedrich Dare Challenge Blog (Links below)
 
The Dare Devil Designers:

The Winmsical Wednesday Diedrich Dare Challenge Blog:
Here is our sketch for this week.  It was created by the Talented Kyah daughter of Team Mate Jacquie(link just above).   The Diedrich kids are very busy this week so we have 4 great guest designers this month.  (Next week is Piper and Willow's my two daughters turn and they are very excited!!!)

And here is my take on the sketch below.

I used SU! Card stocks in Basic Gray, Lavender Lace, and Elegant Eggplant.  The pearl embellishments are Making Memories pearls from Die Cuts R US, and the ribbon is some of my favorite ribbon from Hobby Lobby.  I actually buy it in the wedding section!!!  I also used my new LG Scallop Circle Nesties for the bottom part of the sketch!
I colored up this wonderful Sweet Pea image in these copics:
Hair: E50, E53, E55
Skin: R00, E00, E93, RV21
Clothes and Flowers: V000, V12, V04, V19
Background: C00, C2, C3
Here is a side view so you can see the deminsion on the card.  I used excess foam and rubber from my stamps to create the deminsion.

Well I have a certain 5 year old up and she is scared because of some "Bug" on her ceiling and she is pretty upset so I am going to go do some bug hunting and see if I can make her a little less scared.

  Her sister and brother love bugs but she has always been terrified of them for some reason even when she was a baby!!!

Have a Very Stampendous Friday Everyone!!!!

Heather

8 comments:

Andrea said...

I am always hooked on purple girl! Great job on the card and make sure you stay on bed rest whenever the doctor orders and take care of you and your baby xoxo

Randi said...

SO beautiful Heather! She looks amazing with all that purple!! And her eyes are gorgeous!! You are doing such an incredible job with these Sweet Pea images!! I am really loving the purple theme!! I'll have to remember to make something purple next week. We need some 'club' jackets that say the Purple Ladies! ;o)
Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Kris said...

Gorgeous coloring Heather!! she's darling!! LOVE it!! and great take on the sketch!! =D

Cassie said...

she's a smart girl - bugs are icky! and how lucky to have a bug-hunting momma!!

this turned out so pretty heather - i was having a hard time picturing which image you were talking about when we were creating on the phone the other night and now it's all clear! keep rockin' the purple! i think we used the same shade maybe???? what color is that???

Krista said...

Oh this is so pretty with the purple, and her eyes are awesome! Love the ribbon too! Take care and get lots of rest!

Javablustamper said...

Awww!! Hope you got that bug! What a BEAUTIFUL card Heather!! Such AWESOME coloring, as ALWAYS!!! Hope you are well! Kyah would like to comment too.......


thank you for doing my sketch. i really like the girl on your card. your coloring is pretty to.



ENJOY LIFE!
Jacquie/Javablustamper!

Regina said...

hi, my friend
I really hope that you feel better.
Your girl image is darling and you have colored her to perfection.

big hugs Regina

Expressions of a Creative Mind said...

BEAUTIFUL!! And I swear that bottom looks like the continuation of her outfit