Friday, April 2, 2010

A Very Purple Sketchy kind of Friday - Farm Fresh Friday with The Greeting Farm DT!!!!

Purple Sketches at "The Farm"

this Friday!!!

Happy Happy Friday, Happy Happy Friday!!!!

It is Friday Yea!!!!!!!  Today our Talented Farmer DT member has created a great sketch for you for The Greeting Farm Farm Fresh Friday challenge for you.  You have until next Wednesday night to make a creation with this image and then link it up to the TGF Gallery under this weeks Farm Fresh Friday Gallery!!!!

My Team Mates have all come up with amazing amazing creations for you today so check them all out you will not be disappointed!!!
DT for The Greeting Farm - "Critter Crew"
and


The Greeting Farm - Farmers DT girls:
Jessica Diedrich - DT Coordinator
Cheryl Walker
Cindy Haffner
Kadie Ensley
Kim Nath
Mary Giles
Melyssa Connolly
Randi Whall

Cindy Created this totally fun sketch I had a blast doing it!!!

And here is my take on the sketch!!!  I decided to do an all Purple or (monochromatic) creation using today's FFF Sketch!!!

I used Card Stocks in these purple shades all SU! Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Orchid Oppulance, Lavender Lace, Elegant Eggplant, and Lovely Lilac.  I used my Large Circle Nesties and my Large Scallop Circle Nesties to go along with this sketch.  I did leave off the sentiment in the sketch and put it on the inside of the card instead I just did not want to cover up any of my card so the sentiment got relegated to the inside this time!!!!

I distressed the edges of all the stamped purple square pieces with my trusty kitchen knife while standing over the trash my Kitchen Knife is the best distresser I have found!!!

I colored up this adorable Image from Marina's Brand New Get Well Stamp set (which just went on sale yesterday) so rush out to the TGF store and pick yours up today!!!!

Using these copics:
Skunk: C1, C3, C5, C7, E93
Baby Bear: W1, W5, E93
Clothes: V000. V12, V04, V17
Dr.'s Bag: E35, E29

Here you can see the dimension you can see that even though the purple square layers are not popped up that distressing the edges gives it dimension anyway!!!  I added rhinestone brads to the four corners and the first two layers are popped up using excess rubber from my TGF stamps and the 2nd two layers of the circle are popped up using excess foam from my TGF stamps.

Well I will be back tomorrow morning with a Feature Friday card for The Character Cafe Yea!!!!  I hope you enjoy my last "Preview" of this wonderful set from The Greeting Farm "Get Well"!!!

Today we have my Mom and her Husband still here visiting and we have Marvin's Mom here as well because Piper's 2nd Grade Program was Thursday night so they are all here to see it.  My Mom lives 8 hours away so they have been here 9 days visiting and they will be leaving to go back home on Saturday Morning!!!!  It will seem wierd to have just us 5 in the house again Saturday night!!!  Piper Willow and Tucker have enjoyed every moment of their visit though and I know they will be very sad when it is all over!!!!

Have a Stampendous Friday Everyone!!!!

Heather

8 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Hi Heather

Hope you are keeping well.
Fabulous card, love the colours of course!!! Great idea with the backgrounds too.

Hugs Ali x

Randi said...

Super cute Heather!! LOVE the purples!!! And, I love how you used the sketch!! Hope you are all feeling better! Have a wonderful weekend!

Maria Matter said...

Hi Heather, stopping in to say Hello!!!

Your card is adorable & beautiful!!! Such a cute image, colored beautifully and your background is brilliant!!! I love how you stamped it!!! You're so creative hun!!!

Sounds like you've had a houseful! It's wonderful when the children can spend time with their grandparents! What a blessing!

Take care sweetie and enjoy your weekend!
big HUGS & blessings, Maria

kadie said...

What a fantastic idea to use the images as background!!! I'm sooooo loving this, Heather!! Love all the purples too! Have a great weekend, Sweetie!

Sparkle said...

This is such a darling card!

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

What a cool way to do the background squares with the same image - love it!! And love all the purple!! Love your take on this sketch!

Regina said...

WOW, Heather! These colors are beautiful, your card looks amazing!!

hugs and kisses
Regina

the whimsical butterfly said...

I love how you shadowed the image in the bg! Totally cute idea! Awesome card, chickie!