Friday, April 23, 2010

"Going Green" - This weeks Farm Fresh Fridays DT Creation for The Greeting Farm Critter Crew DT!!!!

Going Green Whimsical Style!!!!!

Hey There Stampers, Friends, and Family!!!!

It so feels good to stamp and create again after a much needed week off I really had fun putting this crazy card together!!!!

About Earth Day and Going Green!!!!
This weeks Challenge for Farm Fresh Fridays is to "Go Green" you can interperet that any way you want!!!  IE.... Using Green colors papers and embellies, Using Recycled or well used materials instead of fun new stuff.  Getting out the old Brown Lunch sack to craft with (which I wanted to do but figured out we did not have any a little to late to go pick some up!!!

I thought about going Green and I thought about everything that means and it made me think back to the 60's when some of that mentality started back then it was mostly the "Hippies" and "Tree Huggers" that cared about the Earth and the Planet and it certainly was not somthing they were teaching in school.  I helped in my 2nd Graders class this week and they were studying Earth day if you did not already know it is April 22nd and the very first Earth Day was in 1970 the idea of Earth day was proposed by a Senator to the Senate and House in 1969.  So here we are 40 years later and "Going Green" is a very normal used term not only for us adults but also for kids as little as my Pre-Schooler who also learned about ways to take care of the Earth all week!!!!

So for my Card I thought back to the "Hippies" of the 60's and 70's and I thought I am going to go Hippie and be Free and Whimsical with my "Going Green Challenge" I hope you can see my take on the challenge and can have fun with it too!!!!!  To me "Going Green" is also Distressing and roughing up too so I had to distress my image by crumbling it over and over, and I distressed several paper edges with a kitchen knife!!

Don't forget to check out all of my Farm Fresh Friday Team mates and see what they have to offer in "Going Green Style"!!!!


DT for The Greeting Farm - "Critter Crew"
and

The Greeting Farm - Farmers DT girls:
Jessica Diedrich - DT Coordinator
Cheryl Walker
Cindy Haffner
Kadie Ensley
Kim Nath
Mary Giles
Melyssa Connolly
Randi Whall

Here is my Take on the "Going Green" Challenge there is actually a lot more going on with this card then showes up on the Screen!!!

I really wanted a Fun Funky creation so I took the Birds and Swirls Embossing Folder and I ran it through the Die Cut Machine in many different positions and directions as well!!!  I also got out my Boarder Cuttle Bug Folder and I made Flower Boarders on Flowred Paper and then cut out the Flowered Boarders to put in places around the card!!!

For this creation I used SU! Card Stocks in Kraft and Handsome Hunter and the DSP is Basic Gray Origins pack.  The ribbon I am not sure on!!!!

The Pretty Pony is colored up with these Copics:

Coat: G20, G21, G24
Hoofs and Hair: G00, G02
Bows and Braid: YG00, YG03, YG09
Birds and Ground: E30, E35, RV00, RV06
And one last view to see some of the deminsion on this crazy whimsical creation!!!

Well I am off to bed pretty tired and need some sleep I hope you enjoyed my creation for the "Going Green" Farm Fresh Friday Challenge!!!!

If you want to play this week just make a creation using any TGF image and use the challenge to "Go Green" in any way you see fit!!!  Then when you are done upload it to the FFF Folder in the TGF gallery by next Wednesday Night and you will be eligible to win this weeks prize!!!!

Have a Stampendous Friday Everyone I am going to have fun playing with my kids today!!!

Heather

13 comments:

Emma said...

This is just Gorgeous Heather! I love how you have colored up the pony...Just adorable!

Regina said...

hello, Heather
your card is crazy! All the lovely details on your card are great! And the little pony is perfect coloring!

big hugs Regina

the whimsical butterfly said...

This is ABSOLUTELY cute! Totally see the 'tree hugger' feel (funny I just ordered a coffee called Tree Hugger, LOL!) I love the coloring, the kraftiness, all of it! So cute!

Cindy Haffner said...

Look how SWEET!!

Rhonda Miller said...

Great card. TFS.

Sparkle said...

Such a darling card!

Sandra MacLean said...

Oh Heather!! You've totally captured the whimsical feel with those branches! And you absolutely nailed the Going Green challenge!! Hope you enjoyed your sleep! Get it while you can now mama! :) Have a great weekend my friend!

Randi said...

I LOVE these shades of green!!! If If I got to create a custom colored pony...it would look just like that!! What an adorable card! I am so glad you had a good trip! You SO deserved it!! Glad to have you back!!

Cheryl Walker said...

OMGosh Heather Im soooo sorry hun, I didnt mean to leave your link out hun! I will normally copy and paste it, and must have some how not brought your link over,I did fix it, and thank you for letting me know, I feel really bad :(

Your card sweetie is darling, I love the pony you used and the colors!!! Beautiful job on the going green challenge, your card turned out very pretty hun!!!!

Hope you have a nice weekend!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Kim Nath said...

Your card is just so much fun to look at! All the wonderful details and texture come together for a fabulous card!

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Totally cute!! Love all the yummy greens - and that pony looks adorable!!

Mary Giles (OhioMary) said...

How very cute! I love the whimsical feel with all those flourishes and soft colors with the kraft background.

kadie said...

This is one of my all time faves! Beautiful job with this going green challenge. I love the colors and all the texture!