Saturday, April 24, 2010

Etsy Inspired Challenge DT Creation - 2 Great Projects this week!!! Let's get Monkey for Me!!!!

Just Monkey'ing Around

Happy Saturday Everyone!!!!

Well I am back from my Girls Only Trip to Denver CO.  and I have a new Etsy Inspired Challenge for you!!!!

This week we have a fun shop for you called  Bee Things There are also two Prizes this week the one from the Etsy Shop can be found here it is a cute T-Shirt.

We also have a Great Sponsor that you all have probably heard of a company called Cosmo Cricket!!!!  Yea!!!!

Here is the Prize Pack from Cosmo Cricket:
Give Away:


Black Board Memory Box
http://www.qbaroo.com/cosmocricketretail....at=5&product=78

Crafting Kit - Joy Ride
http://www.qbaroo.com/cosmocricketretail....t=8&product=371

Crafting Kit - Material Girl
 http://www.qbaroo.com/cosmocricketretail....t=8&product=384

Set of Tiny Letters
 http://www.qbaroo.com/cosmocricketretail....t=9&product=395

Etsy Inspired DT:
De Swanick... Emily Niehaus... Heather Schlatter... Jackie Bowman... Joy Stagg... Kerry Angeles ...Shannon Bracken (not playing this week)... Tiffany Johnson(on a break until May)...Links to our April Guest Designers are on the Etsy Inspired Blog!!!

Here are some of the Inspiration Pieces I picked for your Eye Candy this week:





And Here is the Piece I picked out for the Inspiration  for my creation this week:

Now onto my card for the week.
For this inspiration challenge I pulled out SU Card Stocks and my SU Stamp Set Sock Monkey.  I used the SU Card Stock Lovely Lilac, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, and More Mustard.  I distressed with the same colored inks and I used a couple SU punches Sm Oval, Lg Oval, and Ticket Corner.  I embossed the Sock Puppet Monkey with Copper embossing powder and then colored in with SU Markers.

Well I hope you are all having a wonderful week!!!  I am still feeling very relaxed and so enjoyed my Girls Weekend away last weekend!!!!  Today I am going to my Next Door Neighbors Stamp Camp from 9am to 11am and then hanging out with my girls and Husband for the rest of the day and then tomorrow morning we are heading out at 8am to go to my nephews infant baptism and hang out with Marvin's family afterwards.

My 2 year old has been away at Marvin's Parents Farm for a week and we are getting him back on Sunday!!!!  I am so excited to see him, but he does not seem to excited to come home he told me today "I stay at Farm" "Feed Cows"  I totally think he would love to move up there and then come and visit us for a week at a time here and there!!!  LOL!!!!

Hope you can play in the challenge this week.  Just head out to the Inspiration Shop pick out an Inspiration Piece create somthing off of it and then post the link to your creation on the Etsy Inspired Challenge Blog (Link above).

Have a Very Very Stampendous Saturday Everyone!!!!

Heather

9 comments:

Randi said...

I know you made that PURPLE sock monkey just for me!! ;o) Love all the purple! So cool the way you edged teh frame in all the different coordinating ink colors! Hope you have a wonderful weekend Heather!!

StampinCathy said...

This is so cute. I just love this sock monkey card. Great colors.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Hi girl!! How are you!! Miss you!! Love your sweet monkey!! What an awesome take on the inspiration. Too cute!
hugs,
Chris

Hope you are feeling well and all is going good.

de said...

Super cute sock monkey! I love the color combo! Fun card and perfect for that shirt!

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww Lucky you , that would be fun to have a neighbor to do stamp camp with :( I was reading about your son being on the farm, and I could picture that, im sure he is having soooo much fun...hehehe :) how funny, reminds me when I was little and use to spend days and my grandma's and grandpa's house(my moms parents) I loved it there!!! :)

Anyways hun, love your sweet monkey card, and left you some Luv below, and a sorry note :( I felt sooo bad, and am truely sorry!!! Sending hugs your way!!
Cheryl

Enjoy your fun filled weekend!!! :)

Kerry said...

Glad you had fun on your trip! I thought that monkey was so cute and your card is too!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!!

Maria Matter said...

oh what a fun card Heather, love the sock monkey!!!

Have a beautiful Sunday with your precious family!!!
Hugs & Blessings, Maria

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I love sock monkeys! Great card--love that frame around him! Super cute:)

Heather--it was a pleasure working with you on the same team this month! I had a blast--I hope to get to do it again sometime:) THANK YOU!