Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Whimsical Wednesdays - "The Diedrich Dare Challenge" DT Creation - WWDD Challenge is being Sponsored this Month by The Character Cafe Digi Store. Also a Flutterby Wednesday Card too.

 A very Pretty Magical Fairy

Happy Wednesday Stamper, Friends, and Family!!!!


Today I have a Dare Devil Creation for you and I am also proud to say that this month we are being sponsored by The Character Cafe also a Store I design for.  I love TCC and the owners and it is just one of the most fun companies to work for!!!!


Most of my Dare Devil Team Mates all created cards using TCC's images too so check out all of their creations when you have a chance!!!  Also don't forget to head to the Whimscial Wednesday Challenge Blog because TCC is giving away a $10 Gift Certificate to the winner of the challenge this week.  Just play along with Madelynn's sketch and link up your creation in Mr. Linky on the Challenge Blog and you will be entered to Win the Prize then you can go shopping for some of these great images over in the TCC store too!!!!


The Dare Devil Designers:

The Winmsical Wednesday Diedrich Dare Challenge Blog:
Cassie Larson... Darla Wilson ...Heather Schlatter... Jacquie Peifer... Jessica Diedrich... Kim Ross...Rebecca Ednie... Sandra McLean...Randi Whall...Kris....... and...Valerie...Sara...Andi...

So Here is Madelynn's Great Sketch for this week I always love the Sketches these kido's do!!!
And here is my Take on the Sketch.

I used SU! Card Stock in Basic Black and the DSP is from a DCWV paper pack black and cream pack with flocking and foil and stuff on some of the papers the flowers on this page are raised swede type feeling.  I used my labels 4 Nesties to cut out the image and the sentiment and the Pearl Brads are from my SU! Pretties Kit.
I also added some pretty, double thick satin ribbon by SU! it is Kiwi Kiss on one side and Cream on the other some of my favorite ribbon.
Here is the Image I am sorry her Hair looks wierd in this picture but it looks much prettier in real life not all choppy like this looks here!!!
This image is Magic Fairy from The Character Cafe and I colored her up in these Copics:

Skin: R00, E00, E93, RV21
Hair: C2, C3, C5, C7
Gown Wings and Wand: E50, E51, C2, C5

This Fairy image comes with 4 different versions and 3 of them have a different sentiment attached and one does not.
Here is a side view to show the dimension on the card the sentiment is from The Greeting Farms Butterfly Wishes Stamp set and popped up with two layers of SU! stampin dimensionals and the image is popped up with excess foam from my rubber stamps.
This Card also qualifies for The Flutterby Wednesdays Challenge which I am still an honorary DT member for I was not able to do the specific challenge this week but I did use a Butterfly, Fairy, or Angel on my creation so that counts as entering the challenge this week.  To see links to all of my team mates please head out to The Flutterby Wednesday Challenge Blog and see all of their links plus some pretty cards from the Guest DT girls for the week!!!!

or you can visit our wonderful Flutterby Challenge Creator Danni (this week is the 99th FBW Challenge!!!)

This weeks specific Challenge was to use this gorgeous picture below as your inspiration and to create somthing with a Butterfly, Fairy, or Angel on it, you can read more on the Challenge Blog!!!!
Well I am off to bed I have had a 2 year old with a double ear infection and a newly turned 8 year old with Strep Throat today so I am tired and worn out Mommy poor kido's neither of them got much sleep last night and just felt icky today!!!!

Have a Very Stampendous Wednesday Everyone, and don't forget to play in the Dare Devil Challenge this week and you can win that gift certificate to The Character Cafe Store!!!!

Heather

16 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Heather...I hope your kids feel better. Get some rest my friend!! You card is beautiful!! Love the flowers on the background, your color combo and your design. Very Whimsical!!
hugs,
Chris

Expressions of a Creative Mind said...

Poor Mommy is having a rough time right now but she made a really pretty card!! Kisses all around for everybody & hoping everyone feels better soon.

the whimsical butterfly said...

How are the kiddos now? Hope you guys got some rest! I will agree w/ Sara and say that Mommy might have been tired but the card is cuuuuuute!!! Thanks so much for helping out w/ the tCC stuff. Everyone made such adorable creations today! Your coloring rocks too, and hey, I LOVE that sentiment :D

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Beautiful card, Heather!! I love the black & cream combo...very elegant!! Hope everyone starts to feel better soon!!

Karen Wilson said...

This is so pretty!! I love the color combo. Sorry to hear your little one's aren't well. My daughter is home today with a sore throat too. Hope everyone is better soon!

Christine Riley said...

Beautiful card, I love the image and beautiful paper.
Hugs, Christine :)

Christi said...

How pretty!!!!

Kimberly S said...

Beautiful faerie card Heather, and I love that image! How awesome that it comes with several versions and sentiments! :)

Danni said...

Very nice card, I haven't seen that fairy before, very nice!! hope everyone is well asap and you get some rest! Hugs!

Kim R. said...

This is so pretty. I LOVE that paper. TCC images are so much fun to work with!

Jodi said...

This is so pretty!! I love the color combo, layout and the image!! Great take on the challenge!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Kris said...

Heather, that's one precious angel!! Love the color combo!! sweet and elegant... and you can definitely feel the magic! =D

AJ said...

sooo soo cute!! love it! :)

Regina said...

WOW...Heather! This is really spectacular. The color combination is exquisite, just amazingly beautiful! And what an adorable little fairy!!

Sorry to hear that things haven't been so good for you lately. It is really having a difficult time right now. I hope Pipier and Tucker are get much better.

Big hugs Regina

Michelle said...

SOrry to hear the kiddos have been sick. Try and get rest and keep your strength up...sending healing prayers your way!!

Awesome fairy card - love the black and cream...very elegant!

Randi said...

Well wishes to you and your kiddos!! Beautiful card Heather! I love the black and cream color comgo and how you colored the image to match! Very cool!! I am going to try this!
Take care of yourself and little ones!! Get some rest girl!! Big hugs! ~Randi