Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My Creation for this weeks Die Cuts R Us Challenge - Create Paper Flowers on your Challenge Card this week Bouquets of Paper. A Message for the day Treasure every Moment with your kids we never know when we may not have them anymore!!!

Paper Flowers and Gorgeous Greens!!!

Happy Tuesday Everyone!!!!

This morning Tucker just did not want Mommy to post he wanted me to read and play with him, and due to some things I have seen or heard about lately I have decided when they need us or want to spend that time playing to enjoy every moment with them because we do not know when one of them could be taken from us or we could be taken from them!!!!!

Kids are just so special and precious and our time with them is so very limited that I have just been hit with the fact that us Mothers must take every moment and live it to the fullest with them or one day we will regret wishing that time away!!! Wishing for Nap time, or wishing for a moments peace, or wishing that you could get just one thing done that day!!!!!

Marvin and I were talking last night as I read him an excerpt from a blog about a family that is watching their 2 year old toddler struggle through her last few days on this earth before she goes and Meets Jesus and is healed forever and gets to play again in Heaven. 

The little angels Mommy talked about how she so reqrets the days when she wished for time to herself, when she wished to get just one load of Laundry folded that day or wished that the kids were not constantly under feet, or she wished for Nap time to hurry up and get there. 

Now she wishes for the times when it takes her 45 minutes just to get one dishwasher load put away because she wishes two year old Layla Grace was "helping" her do her Mommy duties, she wishes for the day when she has absolutly no time to do even one thing in the house because now sweet 2 year old Layla Grace lays in her hospital bed breathing her last breaths before a devastating Cancer takes her from her family and she will join her Jesus in Heaven.   See I am crying even as I write this I can not imagine the pain this mother has in her heart but if nothing else it makes me know to take the time I do have with my 3 kido's and just live every moment to the fullest with them!!!!!

As Marvin and I were talking, I said you know I have not had one time in 6 months (I used 6 months as an example it is actually a lot longer than that) when I have been away from all 3 of my kids at one time except when they are sleeping other than a couple of Dr.'s Appointments for just an hour or so, and though at times that can make a Mommy tired and weary I just can not regret that or wish for time to myself!!!!

 Yes at times I wish I could get to a Dr.'s appointment without days of stress before hand trying to figure out where the kids are going to go while I go to the Appointment, or go get my Hair done more than once or twice a year when it desp. needs it, or go shopping all by myself but I just treasure them all so much and so many Mommies I know lately have suddenly lost one or more of their little ones unexpectedly and then they wish all those breaks or Nap times back!!!
So it is my goal to appreciate every moment with my children - we never know what is around the corner!!!

So now onto my creation for this week.

The DT girls over at Die Cuts R Us created this week using Basic Gray Papers from the Origins collection and our challenge was to make a Paper Bouquet using hand made paper flowers.
My DT sisters all created such pretty and fun things this week you can check them all out at these links!!!!!

Die Cuts R Us


The Team:
Hannah

My Creation this week uses some of these fun Crafting items on the DT blog I have my card and all the Actual links to each product in the Die Cuts R Us store.

NeeNah White Card Stock, Nestabilities labels 2, Basic Gray Origins Designer Papers, Opaline Green embellishments, Glue Dots, Pop up Foam squares, I also added some SU! Card Stock in Garden Green, Old Olive, and Certainly Celery, I used some of my SU! dies to create the flowers too.

Here are those pretty Paper Bouquets of Flowers!!!

The image is colored using these Copics:
Hair: C3, C5, C7, G20, G21, G24
Kimono and Flower in Hair: G20, G21, G24, G29, 0
Face and Make Up: C1, RV04, G20, G21, G29
 Here is that side view I love the dimension on this card!!!

Well I hope you all have a very Stampendous Tuesday and I hope that you will join us in the challenge this week too!!!  I am off to sit on the couch and hold my little two year old guy and watch Bob the Builder with him which seems to be his obsession at the moment!!!

Heather

5 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Hi Heather

It certainly makes you count your blessings when you read/hear a story like that. My heart goes out to them.
Gorgeous card hun. Hope you are keeping well.

Hugs Ali x

Sparkle said...

Such a pretty card!

Karen Wilson said...

Hi Heather. It's so funny you posted about this today. I've really been working hard on not saying "In a minute" or "when I'm done..." with my kids. Your post brought tears to my eyes and I feel so bad for those you posted about. I couldn't imagine a life without my kids. Sure, there's days I think "Oh pls, just 5 min's" but then you see something like this...you just want to reach out and hug them close.

Your card is just beautiful and I hope you enjoyed Bob the Builder with your sweet little man!

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Gorgeous card, Heather!! I love these yummy papers and all your fabulous layers!! Great job with the challenge!!

Regina said...

Adorable card, Heather! The colouring on your image is wonderful! I love the green on the card!
hugs Regina