Friday, March 5, 2010

March New Release Blog Hop with The Character Cafe!!!! Piper and Prince image drawn for my Piper Girl so so Pretty!!! Win some cool images and Freebies along the hop as always!!!!

Piper and her Prince -

From the Desk of Piper Schlatter

Happy Friday everyone!!!!!!,

I am so excited to be sharing my Blog Hop image with you for this month although this New Release Blog hop is sort of Bitter Sweet for me as it will be my last New Release Blog Hop as a Full Fledged DT member for The Character Cafe!!!! 

This is my 9th Blog Hop with them and I love this team to death but with the Baby coming and my decreased energy I feel that I need to start decreasing my work load on some things so I will not be renewing my Contract this time and it makes me sad because I adore The Character Cafe and Kendra and Kelly the owners!!!!  I hope that maybe they will have me back as a Guest Designer some though I would miss it too much if not!!!

However,  on a good note I still get to design for the whole month of March on Friday's with my Feature Friday TCC posts and today I get to showcase the best image ever!!!!!  (Well I am partial because Kendra and Kelly drew this image for my Piper Girl!!!!)

So this is how this months Hop is going to work!!!!

The Random Winner of the comments on left on the TCC Blog will get the entire March Release & be asked to be Guest Designer for any or all the Feature Fridays this month.


 We added Mr. Linky on the TCC blog, so that anyone who creates something using a TCC image can enter for a chance to win $10 gift certificate to the store and they have a chance to be Guest Designer for any or all the Feature Fridays this month.

 We're having a freebie image along the hop somewhere have fun hopping and then you will find it, and everyone can get this one!!!
 
Each DT girl gets to pick a random winner from those that comment on our Blog Hop post to win the image we created with next Friday we will announce all of the winners!!!
 
Now onto the Blog Hop and my creation for you!!!  Below is the Blog Hop order in case you get lost and if you need a link they are all in my sidebar for you too!!!
 
1) Rachel
2) Fink
3) Heather
4) Piali
5) Sara
6) Billie
7) Deanne
8) Diane
9) Angie E
10) Angie C
11) Lola


If you are doing the Hop you should be arriving on my Blog from my talented DT Sister Fink!!!
 

Now for my Project I decieded to take this gorgeous image Piper and Prince and make a Stationary Set for Piper my just turned this week 8 year old Piper Elizabeth Schlatter. 

In my pictures first you can see what the Stationary Book looked like before and after each stage until I was done!!!! 

In the first picture I took SU! Card Stock in Pixie Pink and scored it and wrapped the book in it.  I then took my labels 4 Nesties and I created a nested raised matte for Piper and Prince and I colored up the image with Copics cut her out by hand and put her on the front of the
New From the Desk of Piper Stationary set.  The Nested layers and the Sentiment are on SU! Green Galore, Pink Passion, and Gable Green Cardstocks.

Now for the side panel I added another of the Bigger Piper and Prince images and I nested it with less layers but still had some fun nested layers on this image.

For the entire inside I printed out several smaller Piper and Prince images and I cut them out with Nesties shapes labels 4 again colored them with Copics and traced around the edge of the Nestie die cut and added them popped up on the 3 Parts of the Stationary set.

Now if you want to know what colors I used to color up Piper and Prince here you go.
Skin: R00, E00, E93, RV21
Hair: E50, E51, E53
Dress: RV000, RV00, RV02, RV06, YG00, YG03, YG09
Frog: YG03, YG09, B00, B05

The image on the right is one of the 3 smaller images I used on my creation but it is not blurry in real life just because I cropped the picture down so small it distorts it.

Well now that you are done here on my blog to continue the New Release Blog Hop, it is time to head out to the Mega Mega talented Piali I can only guess she has somthing out of this world cool for you to feast your eyes on!!!!

Have fun along the Hop I know I am going to and don't forget to comment on each blog and the Store Blog at the end to have 13 chances to win images and prizes, and Freebies!!!

Heather

21 comments:

Rose Petal said...

Hello Heather.WOW, WHAT A FANTASTIC CREATION.
You have put so much work and detail into that, its simply brilliant. So bright and colourful, fabulous colour combination and that image is just super. I love it.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Bobbi said...

That is so cute. Love that you used it to alter a stationery book. Great idea.

Angie Cortes said...

OMGoodness!! This is fantastic!! I love the colors! Congrats on the new DT!

Diane (djuseless) said...

Piper must be loving her own image! You did an amazing job altering that book!

Helen Dooley said...

Great project!! Love the cute little image. Also what a beautiful family, TFS

the whimsical butterfly said...

Isn't it like, the highest honor and coolest thing EVAH to have an image created from your child?? This is GORGEOUS and what cute idea-LOVE the "from the desk of!" Madelynn would love something like that! Great job and congrats-she's a keeper!

Vicki W said...

Heather - your creation is GORGEOUS. Any girly girl would LOVE to recieve this as a gift! So creative, and SOOOO pretty!! Congrats on the baby...and best of luck on your new ventures! I've subscribed to your blog so I won't miss a detail!

Sara said...

This is soooo cute Heather!! I'm sure Piper was thrilled with it!

jennruggeri75 said...

What a fun journal! How fun to have an image created for your daughter!!! Beautiful.

Lilacanglia said...

Hi Heather,
I can't believe how quick the dt term has gone,
I wish you every happiness with your good news,
Please keep in touch when you can,
Love this project,
Hugs
Angie

Kendra said...

Oh Heather.. what a beautiful creation! I'm so glad she likes her image... I love it too (especially the way you have coloured her!) We will miss you too, but we'll be sure to keep you coming back for some fun so it won't be too bad! LOL

Deanne Burton said...

Wow! That is so pretty!!! I love it!

craft_princess said...

Very lovely!

Fink said...

Fantastic!!!! You out did yourself this time! I am always wowed by your work! I am very sad that you will not be with us anymore! I can understand why though. Congrats!

little cardmaker said...

This is just gorgeous and I'm sure she will love using it. Congrats on your new DT. I've enjoyed being on the same DT with you and your talent.

Lawren said...

So pretty. I just love oink and green together. Your project is awesome, love the stationary set.

deesdesigns said...

I can see why you need to cut back, if you put that much work and detail into everything you do you wouldn't have time to sleep :-)
Love it!

Kay's Creative Corner said...

WOW!! Your creation is AMAZING!! Lov ethe bright colors

Kelly said...

WOW Heather!! Great job on your project, I'm sure Piper will love it. I hope she likes her Princess Piper image...wish her a happy birthday for me.
Kelly

Angie said...

This is so pretty and very clever to alter this little book! I love to alter things too:) Great job on the coloring, I'm still learning how to use those copics:)

Regina said...

hello, my friend
what a fantastic altered the stationary set! The cover is cute! Wonderful gift for Piper!
sweet blessing
Regina