Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Whimsical Wednesdays with some Flutterby's Added too!!! The Diedrich Dare DT Post awesome sketch this week, and Flutterby Wednesday Too!!!!! A Green Paradise Kinda Day!!!!

      Green Fluttering Whimsical Sketches


Happy Wednesday Everyone!!!!

I am feeling some better but tonight I started getting really congested and breathing troubles and so now I wonder if I am getting all that respiratory stuff and colds and Croup for the kids in town that is going around so much here.  I am crossing my fingers it is just sudden allergies that came on me and I am not really getting another type of sickness LOL!!!!  However since My Husband has been sick for a week with it the chances of me or the kids getting it too is pretty good I guess.

So this week our own sweet Madelynn giving us the sketch for the Diedrich Kids and it was a cutie to create with!!!!!!

Don't forget to check out the Diedrich Dare Blog for the Team post this week and my lovely talented Design Team Mates too!!!!!!  We are Welcoming the very Talented Andi to the Dare Devils this week to and I saw her card it is totally Awesome and inspiring!!!  Yea!!!!!  Welcome Andi you will fit right in with all of us Crazy Dare Devils!!!!

The Dare Devil Designers:

Cassie Larson...Heather Schlatter... Jacquie Peifer... Jessica Diedrich... Kim Ross...Rebecca Ednie... Sandra McLean...Randi Whall...Kris...Valerie...Sara... and Andi

Here is Madelynn's Great Sketch for this week:

I also had the chance to play in this weeks Flutterby Wednesday Challenge too!!!  Since I am now on the Honorary Team (which just means I was on the team over a year and so I get the Honor of posting when I can but I am not required to post every week if I have a lot going on.)  So this week I had a chance to add lots of Flutterby's onto my creation!!!! 

To play along all you have to do is create a project with a Butterfly, Fairy, or Angel on it and link it up to the Challenge Blog!!!!

Now onto my card.  I used SU! Cardstocks in Garden Green Kiwi Kiss, and Wild Wasabi, and I used Basic Gray Origins paper pack for the Designer Paper. 

I used Nesties Lg Petite Scalloped Ovals and Lg. Petite Ovals, and I used the Cuttle bug embossing folder D'Vine Swirls.
I used the Body of Flutterby Anya, and the Head of 80's Anya for my main image this week.  I did have to trim down Anya's hair to make it all work!!!!

Copics Used:
Skin - R00, E00, E93, RV21, RV00
Hair: E50, E43, G20, G21
Outfit and Hair Bow: G20, G21, G24, G28, 0, 100
I thought those cute circles off to the right side of the sketch could easily be used as Butterfly's instead!!! So I got out my Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch and Punched some out of Carstock and the Designer Origins Paper too.

The sentiment is from The Greeting Farm Butterfly Wishes.
Here is one last look at the card so you can see the dimension.  The layers popped up are the scalloped oval from the card back with two layers of SU! stampin Dimensionals, and the Anya image is popped up using excess foam from my stamps and the Butterflys are stuck on with just a single glue dot behind them.

Have a Very Very Stampendous Monday.  I have to be somewhere at 2:30 today and I am looking forward to it I will be able to tell more after we give Piper her 8th Birthday Present on Saturday it is really FUN FUN FUN stuff though!!!!!

Heather

19 comments:

Cassie said...

i love all the greens heather! and the different edges on the triangles. feel better - hoping you and the kids don't catch Marvin's illness. I am praying protection over my boys that they don't get what I have! good thing the internet is not contagious!!

Regina said...

Heather, I'm so sorry to hear about all your troubles this past week and I hope things are better for all of your family soon!!

Your card is absolutly stunning! This Kiwi Green is fantastic, I've never seen it! I love your coloring on Anja, amazing!

big hugs Regina

Pam Varnell said...

This is so cute Heather. Love your altering and your colors are just gorgeous.

Lelia said...

Teeheehee! I love this card! I am not at all good at monochromatic schemes...this one is wonderful, Heather! :O)

Hugs,
Lelia

Karen Wilson said...

So sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Hope you're all better soon!

This is just beautiful. I love the colors, the butterflies, everything!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous! I love it. That paper is my favorite paper. The image is too sweet!! Gorgeous design!! Sorry you are not feeling well. Feel better.
big hugs,
Chris

Christi said...

OMG is this gorgeous!! LOVE all the greens!!

Jodi said...

Very pretty card! Love the pretty colors you used!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Christine said...

Love your card Heather! I'm so happy you could join us this week!

Blessings,
Christine

Danni said...

So happy to see you join in this week!! Wonderful card very creative with the mixing of Anya's!! Fun and pretty!

Nancy said...

Wow...wow!! I just love your coloring of these awesome images!! The green is amazing!!

the whimsical butterfly said...

Absolutely ADORABLE-love what you did w/ her cute green hair and your take on the sketch is wonderful, too! She's a fluttery and cute (and maybe St. Patty's Day?) little sweetie!

Andrea said...

this card is knock your socks off caoooote!!!! and thanks for the warm welcome!

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Adorable card, Heather!! I love the green!!

瘋狂的 said...

你要保守你的心,勝過保守一切,因為一生的果效是由心發出........................................

Kris said...

Love love love the head swap!! looks stunning with flutter's body!! i LOVE this!! your creativity just keeps on going!! =D

Michelle said...

Hope you are feeling better soon! Love the FBW card. Glad you were able to join us this week. The green card is perfect for Spring and it so makes me happy!

Ann Kranitz said...

Loving all the greens...I am on a green kick lately. Her hair is fantastic!!

Rebecca Ednie said...

I love the greens you used and how you used a gap between your papers as your diagonal element!