Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Pixie Dust Paradise Sneak Peak - Whimsical Wednesdays - "The Diedrich Dare" Challenge (Color Challenge) DT Sample A 4 Tiered Wedding!!!!

4 Tiers for this Wedding!!!!

Happy Wednesday Everyone!!!!!,

Well today I have a special Double Treat for you I am sharing one of my Pixie Dust Studio Sneak Peaks for the New Paradise Release that goes live on Thursday you can purchase this image and several other great ones then too!!!!

I am also sharing my card for the Diedrich Dare Challenge this week too!!!  This week we were issued a Color Challenge and it was a tiny bit of a challenge getting these four colors onto a project but in the end they went so well together!!!!

Stop by and see all of my lovely team mates creations when you have a chance they made some awesome things this week!!!!


The Dare Devil Designers:

The Winmsical Wednesday Diedrich Dare Challenge Blog:
Cassie Larson... Heather Schlatter... Jacquie Peifer... Jessica Diedrich... Kim Ross...Rebecca Ednie... Sandra McLean...Randi Whall...Kris...and...Valerie...and Sara Henten

 Here is the color challenge we had this week!!!!

Now onto my creation I am showcasing the Wedding Couple image for Pixie Dust Studio today and I thought it would be really cool to make a 4 tiered Wedding Cake on a Stair Step Folded Card.  I cut the tiers to the cake out and then corner rounded the top corners with a decorative punch then I put two of the colors behind the cut out decorative corners.  I also added some satin KiWi Kiss ribbon to two of the tiers as well!!!!

The Card Back is SU! Purely Pomigranate and the flowers and cake colors are Old Olive, Reagal Rose, and Baja Breeze colors.
Her is my full card all the cake layers are popped off the Card Back with SU! Stampin Dimensionals and you can see in the corners the colors of the Color Challenge.
This image and the little couple on the Cake were colored with these Copics:
Hair: E50, E53, E55, E31, E35, E37, E59
Wedding Dress outline: E50
Tux: C2, C3, C5, C7, BG10, BG15, BG18
Skin: R00, E00, E93, RV21
Sash and Crown: R81, R85, C2
Oh My Gosh I forgot to color the flowers the the bride is holding!!!!  Sorry!!!!  Did not even see that until I looked at the pictures.
The Cake is done on NeeNah white paper and the swirls are done using the D'Vine Swirls cuttle bug embossing folder.

Above is the tiny Digi printed and colored again to go on the top of the cake!!!!

Well I am hoping that you enjoy my Creation this week for the Diedrich Dare Post and my first Pixie Dust Sneak Peak for the Paradise Release you can purchase on Thursday the 18th!!!!

Have a Very Stampendous Wednesday Everyone!!!!

Heather

11 comments:

Expressions of a Creative Mind said...

Just entirely too adorable!! You did such an awesome job Heather!! WOOHOO

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Awww...the wedding couple are adorable!! I love the fabulous embossed cake!! Wonderful job, Heather!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Heather!! I love your dry embossed swirls. It looks like icing. Your design and coloring is gorgeous!! Sweet image!!

Big hugs to you girl!! Hope all is well with you.
hugs,
Chris

Randi said...

How adorable Heather!! You put so much amazing detail into your projects!! This is no exception! Wow!! Love the cake!!! And the mini couple topper!!!! That is pure genious!! Love the inspiration that's always waiting for me at your blog!! The fact that you are a mom of 3 and stay so dedicated to your blog...amazes me!! Big hugs! ~R

Cassie said...

what a fun, fun card!

Regina said...

Heather, this is exquisite, just amazingly beautiful! Love how you have colored the lovely image!

hugs and so much love Regina

Lisa said...

What a creative card. Lovely!

Kathy said...

Heather, this is such a YUMMY creation. I love the way you did your textures as the frosting. What a fab project!!:)

cabio's craft corner said...

As I mentioned to you before Heather, I LOCE this super cute cake card!! Such a fun idea!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Rebecca Ednie said...

What a great way to use a stairstep card! I love the flowers on each tier! So sweet!

Kris said...

Heather, you are so creative!! i LOVE this... very unique and sweetly done!!! You go girl!!