Monday, February 8, 2010

Huge Huge Copic Sale February 7th thru February 14th at Die Cuts R Us get your Copics for $2.99 each!!!!! Here is a Copic Tutorial for you to easy ways to color Blonds Red Heads, Brunettes, and more!!!!!!

 Hey Everyone How are You???

Happy Monday!!!!

I am here today to tell you about this awesome awesome Copic Sale over at Die Cuts R Us!!!!!  Claudia only has this sale 2 times a year so don't miss out!!!  The Sale started on February 7th and goes to February 14th.  The way Claudia is doing it this time you can go to the Sale page and see the bundles that can be pre-ordered and you can see the entire set of 144 Ciao colors that you can pre-order too!!!  You can get any and all of the 144 Copics for just $2.99 per marker this is a huge discount so you do not want to miss out on this!!!!  This way every person will get exactly what they want and a color will not go out of stock because it is a pre-order sale nothing could be better than that get all the colors you want and no out of stock problems!!!!!

A Few months ago I posted this Copic Coloring Tutorial on my blog it is mostly for Hair colors but if you ever want or need a specific copic Tutorial let me know and I will try to get one done for you!!!  Just thought this Copic Tutorial would go well with the Copic Sale at Die Cuts R Us!!!!!

My Copic Coloring Tutorial (Mostly for Hair Coloring)

O.K.  So How do I use my copics to color???  I have had several people ask and a few wanted a tutorial so I thought why not??  I can do that right???  Well I hope I can anyway!!!  LOL!!!!!

Coloring Blondes

Y02, Y08, Y38, Y28
E50, E51, E53, E43



Y21, Y23, Y26, Y28

E50, E53, E43, Y28

Y02, Y06, Y08, Y38,

Y0000, Y02, Y06

Coloring - Red Heads
I am sorry this was supposed to be a light brown/strawberry blonde and I have no idea which colors I used to achieve it!!!  So Sorry!!!


YR02, YR09, E07, E09

YR00, YR02, YR04, YR09, E07, E09

Coloring Brunettes





E33, E35, E37, E29

E30, E35, E37, E39, BG10, BG72, BG75

E33, E35, E37, E39

E31, E35, E37, E29

E43, E71, E77

Black and Grey Hair

C1, C2, C3, C5

C2, C3, C5, C7

Getting Creative with Colors


V00, V04, V12, V17



Medium Blonde - E50, E51, E53, Y26
Purple V000, V12, V04, V17
Orange YR00, YR04, YR09
Green YG00, YG03, YG09


Now how do I achieve the above looks???    Here is the Tutorial

I usually use 3 to 4 shades in a color group but with Red Heads I personally use between 5 and 6 colors to achieve my read heads look.

I color the entire head in my lightest of that color shade.  Above you can see how I added which color I was using in green off to the side I will add each shade as we go to the green list off to the side.  Next I decide where I want my shine or lightest spots to be on my hair usually either I choose to have one above and below the main darker part of the hair as you see right below in the light blond, or I choose to have the darker parts of the hair without the shiny parts of the hair start in the ends and the lightest shiny parts to be between the dark parts as you see in the picture below that.



Above picture (Shine of hiar above and bleow the darker colored parts of the hair)

Below Picture (Shine in the center of the darker sections of the hair)


So in the picture above I start stage two of coloring my hair I use the next shade in my color group I have chosen (When I say color groups I mean the groups of colors I have picked to be my go to shades for each hair color so for example for dark brown that is usually E30 or 31, E35, E37 and E29 for me)


Now I add my 3rd color for the shade and I put that in between the middle of the dark spots so that it leaves the edges of the dark spot the lighter color and then in between the darker sections there is the lighted sections so this will in the end help all the colors to blend together darkest in the middle then fades out to the next shade and so on and so forth depending on how many shades you are using.  If you are only using three shades then after this stage you can begin the blending stage if not keep going!!!!



As I said earlier I use more shades on Red Heads then any other of the hair colors so you can see that above.  For red heads depending on how light or dark I want them I do the base color in YR00 or  YR02 (if I did the lighter then the next fade out center dark shaded area is the YRO2 if I started with YRO2 as my base the next shade is YR09) 

So my red heads are either YRO2, YR09, E07 and E09, or YR00, YR02, YR04, YR09, E07 and E09 depending on what kind of read head I am trying to achieve.

So above I used two 4 shade color schemes and the red head is the 6 shade color scheme.

Now on to the Blending I go back and take my lightest shade I used for the base of the hair and start blending in the edges of all the colors in a circular motion.  Don't blend so much that your shades completely disappear or you will loose some of the shine/lit are of the hair.


For really light blondes I will either leave the entire center white and just outline the edges in like Y06 or I will do what you see below and use Y000, Y02, and Y06
So Below you have examples of the main hair colors Red, Brunette Dark, Brunette light/ dark blonde, medium blonde,  and light blonde.

The last thing I do is go back with all my shades and add to the tips of each section to make them closer to the lightest part which will become your light/shiny part of the hair and sort of blend and shade it all a 2nd time I especially have to do this for the red heads as you will see at the top of the tutorial where I have all the examples of the coloring for hair shades.



Well that about explains how I do my hair does it make sense to you can you follow it???  If you have more questions feel free to ask me and I will try to make it more clear or answer any guestions that you might have!!

What other tutorials would you like to see???  Let me know and I will put them together for you!!!!

Heather

3 comments:

Annette said...

Hi Heather, thank you very much for the wonderful tutorial with so much information, off to take a look just have to have some copics now, take careX:)

Sammi said...

Thanks Heather... very helpful ad you are AWESOME!! Will have to give your haircolouring tips a go :D
xxx

the whimsical butterfly said...

holy COW girl, this is SUPER amazing-and a heck of a post that I can tell you put your heart and soul into! Id love to add this to the TGF or CA tutorials since you used all TGF stamps? You worked SO super hard on this!!!