Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A TGF Farm Christmas Card Designed for my Mother in Law - Merry Christmas from Our Barn to Yours - Here is A very Good way to Mass Produce a Copic and Sponged Colored Scene!!!!

 Merry Christmas from

Our Barn to Yours


A few months ago I had pictures on my Blog of a Christmas Card I made using a Farm Set and my Mother in Law liked it since they live on a Farm so she had asked me to design a card for her with a Farm scene for her Christmas Card.  She liked the idea of how I had my Sentiment saying Merry Christmas from The Schlatter Family Farm.  Well we actually put that saying on her Photo Collage for this year that went along with her card so I thought it would be cute to say Merry Christmas from Our Barn to Yours.



So because I did not want to color up this scene 90 times I made the card 5 x 7 and then took it to a printer and had the size taken down to 4 x 6 and they printed and cut out 90 of them for me then I sent them off to her and she mounted them on SU! Real Red CS and SU! Kraft CS with a sentiment I sent her made in Photoshop printed out on SU! Garden Green CS and put on the front of the card.  In the original I had the sentiment popped up but I forgot to send her stampin deminsionals or pop dots so she just glued the sentiment on.


(Above Original Card)
For the Background I used SU! inks in Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue, and Boardering Blue and sponged the sky then I used Chocolate Chip and Close to Co Coa and sponged the ground.  I took several shades of my Copics and made the grass patches on the ground with them.



(Above Color Copied onto Card Stock)
The Fence and The Barn are Pink Cat Studio Stamps and the Farm Girl is from The Greeting Farm Rock the Farm Stamp set and the Boy is the Body of TGF Hugh and the head of the Daddy in the Mommy and Daddy Stamp set that released a few months ago from TGF with the pregnant Mom and the Dad.  I colored thier Hair lthe colors of hair my Mother in Law and Father in Law had when they were younger, but maybe I should have made them Gray????  I did not think about that until later.


(Original Side View)
Here is the Original Card so that you can see the Diminsion I had in mine, that was absent in the color copy but still so much easier to do it this way!!!!!!


All images colored up with my Copics:
Barn - R20, R29, R35, R39, White Gel Pen
Fence - E31, E33, E35, E39
Rock the Farm Anya - R81, R83, R85, B91, B93, B95, C1, C2, C3, E50, E51, E53, E55
Farmer - B91, B05, B93, G20, G21, G24, YG02, YG04, YG09, E33, E35, E29, E37
Skin - R00, E00, E95, RV21, RV13
Cow - C1, C2, C3, C5, C7, 100


(Color Copy Side View)

So I guess that about does it for me today and this is how you easily Mass Produce a Copic and Sponged Colored Scene for a Christmas Card or some other type of card as well.

See you back tomorrow for the Launch of the New Flutter By Wednesday Challenge Blog.  We have been doing the challenge for well over a year now but we are finally going to have our own Challenge Blog too!!!!!  Yea come by for the Great Celebratory Blog Hop with some Amazing Stampers!!!!!

Also tomorrow my Whimsical Wednesday Dare Devil Card for this week and our Sponsor is Paper Make - Up Stamps this month so great Prizes to win!!!!!

Have a Very Stampendous Tuesday All!!!!!!!

Heather

13 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh wow!! Heather, what a really ADORABLE creations!! I love your images and your coloring is just amazing!! :) I hope you had a wonderful Holiday Season my friend!! Wishing you all the best for the 2010 New Year!! HUGS

Kerry said...

Darling!!! I love them! The best farm ever. I don't know what else to say except it's perfect and amazing... I love, love, LOVE it. Wishing you the best to you and your family in 2010!

PaperCrafty said...

This is fabulous Heather!! I love how you did the mass producing for your MIL!!

Danni said...

Very nice! and how clever to color copy it!

margie c said...

Wow! What an adorable card! and what a brilliant idea to copy it!
What a way to save some time ;)

Great job! TFS!
... and Happy New Year to you and your family :*)
~ margie

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i love it! you are just so darn creative!!!! love, love, love it!

hugs,

Christine Riley said...

So adorable, I love the scene you created!
hugs, Christine :)

Tanya said...

Very cute!! I bet she loved it!

Blankiefinder said...

What a great card, Heather! I love it! What a creative way to get that many cards made, very smart.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous card Heather!! Love the scene you created and your colors!! You are too creative!!

hugs,
Chris
Happy 2010!

Rachel said...

This is just the cutest card! You must have put a lot of work into it and it came out just beautiful and your photocopy looks just as adorable!

Regina said...

hello, Heather
what a clever idea with copy! I love that farm scene!

Regina

Shesjetlagd said...

You are soo clever, Heather! What a great idea to have them color copied! And, I gotta agree w/ your MIL... it is a great card! :)