Friday, January 22, 2010

My Very First Unity Friends with Flair Post.

Happy Colors, Happy Paper,

Happy Card!!!!!


Happy Friday Everyone!!!!!!

I am super excited to be doing my Very First Friends with Flair Unity Post this week!!!!  My really really good stamping buddy Jess (who was just announced as a full fledged Unity DT member yesterday Yea Jess!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!)  has been trying to get me to sign up for the Unity KOM for a while now and I kept resisting well I got it last month and this month and I am loving it I can not believe how big it is and how many huge stamps you get I am all about big stamps!!!!!!

So anyway today my Unity Card uses the Hot Air Balloon and the Be Happy for this Moment Sentiment from the December KOM which I love!!!!!  That sentiment is perfect in many more ways than one and it lended to the distressed look I was going for with this card quite well!!!!!

I put this card together for a challenge the other day to use Left over Christmas Paper on a Project to either make a Christmas Project or a Non Christmas Project.

In this case I tried to head the Non Christmas Card Theme.  That Paper is Basic Gray Wasseling Paper and I used SU! Certainly Celery and Bravo Burgandy Card Stocks.  My White Paper is NeeNah card stock which is what I stamp all my images I will be coloring with my copics on..



I made this card for my Daughter because we have this girl in the neighborhood that can be quite the bully she is just not very nice to my kids or quite a few other kids most of the time and the day I made this card Piper had come home crying because the girl had said several mean things to her again that day.  The day before it was Piper's Best Friend next Door that had, had her feelings hurt by this so called "Friend" of theirs.  anyway I wanted to encourage Piper my 7 year old to take the Good Days and BE HAPPY for the good moments in Life!!!!!!

Being Bullied I have found just plain sucks, but other than call the parent which I have done in the past I really don't know what else to do.  I have even come right out and asked the girl to her face at times if she is saying or doing the things they are saying she is doing and she will just tell me yes????  What do you do about that????  It just breaks my heart sometimes I want to sit down and cry right along with her!!!!!


 
So onto my card I used my Labels 1 Nesties, and SU! inks in Bravo Burgandy and Certainly Celery and Momento Black ink to do the distressing around the card areas.  I also used some Prima Flowers but I can not tell you which packs they are from and a SU! Rhinestone Brad.  I used some Green Dew Drops in two different shades in the bottom left corner and I used some burgandy wire edged sheer organza ribbon at the bottom of the card.

The Hot Air Balloon is colored up in these colors:
100, R81, R83, R85, R89


The Sentiment is stamped in SU! Bravo Burgandy ink and distressed with Tuxedo Black Momento Ink.


Here is a close up of that gorgeous Basic Gray Wasseling Paper!!!  I just loved that paper!!!!  I think it worked pretty good for a non Christmas Project too!  (At least I hope it did!!!)

 
Here is my last side view so you can see some of the dimension on the card.  I decorated the back with just a little dressing up as you can see in the slit on the back of the card but I forgot to take a picture of that before I gave the card to Miss Piper!!!!!

For a Full list of all the people playing along this week in the Unity Friends with Flair Friday Blog Hop check out the Unity Site to see the list somewhere along the way is a nice great big Prize I have heard!!!!!

I hope you enjoyed my Unity Card I had lots of fun making it and now I can not wait to get out there and see what the other girls have done for their Friends of Flair Projects!!!!

Have a Very Stampendous Friday Everyone!!!!

Heather

19 comments:

StampinCathy said...

Your card is just beautiful. It's UNITY stamps awesome and the people are awesome too! When I got my first set I was hooked and just can't get enough. Can't wait to see more your UNITY MOJO!

Krista said...

Oh wow! What a card! Lots of details in that beauty. :) Welcome to FWF! Can't wait to see you on Friday again.

Tenia Nelson said...

Miss Heather.....this card is super gorgeous!! Welcome to FWF!!!

Tanya said...

What a great card for your daughter! I agree...it is so hard to let kids solve their own problems when you see them so hurt. Kids can be awful!
The paper worked great! :)

Stephanie said...

Wow! Amazing card Heather! Absolutely gorgeous! Love all of the layers and your colouring! Can't wait to see more of your Unity creations!

Catherine said...

Boo on bullies! Sorry your DD has to deal with one.
This is so gorgeous, Heather! Love the layers upon layers, texture and distress inking! Beautiful!

Jen said...

Welcome to your first FWFF Heather! You've got some fabulous layers, colors and texture on this card...love it! Just being there for your daughter makes a difference...hang in there, hopefully this stage will pass soon! *smile*

Marcy H. said...

Awesome Card!!

Jodi C. said...

BEAUTIFUL card Heather!!! So glad Jess convinced you to join the Unity Addicts....I've been a member for way too long!!! I am also familiar with the bullying thing with my 9 yr old...it's such a hard thing to watch them go through.

Welcome to FWF!!!!

JazzyH said...

Very pretty!

Gwen said...

Heather, welcome to the Unity hop! Your card is amazing! Love your papers and inks and all the lovely details!

Lisa H. said...

welcome to the fun! pretty card!

Danni said...

Neat card! Great colors and fun papers! So sorry Piper is having to deal with bullies already...hugs to her and you!

Nancy said...

Absolutely amazing, Heather! I've sat on the fence about a Unity KOTM myself!! You rocked this, girl!!

Laurel said...

This is fantastic!

Angie Blom said...

Hi Heather... welcome to FWF.. I love your card here, the image is wonderfully coloured, love all the awesome details. Have a great weekend.

InkyFingers said...

Welcome to Unity, it's fabulous. Your card is really pretty.

Regina said...

Another absolutely stunning card - it is sensational!
hugs Regina

Shesjetlagd said...

Beautiful card, Heather... but, what I really love most about it is the sentiment behind it for Piper. Bullies really do suck and having Mom's love & support (& cards) really helps, I'm sure.