Monday, January 4, 2010

My Anya Through the Ages Card Done with Masking Technique (here is a tutorial) - An award winning card I am honored!!!!

My Card for the New Years Challenges on

the Club Anya and Friends Blog



So on New Years Day Club Anya and Friends had I think it was 12 challenges???  Maybe it was 8 I can not remember but one challenge totally caught my interest and I knew that I would not be able to to many since we have been so busy this last two weeks so I just picked my favorite challenge and ran with it.

So one of my very Favorite Stampers "The Dark Mermaid" Randi Whall make the coolest creations they are light and whimsical and fun and so so unique she has such amazing talent I love visiting her blog!!!!  So Randi is a new member of The Greeting Farm - The Farmers Design Team she was a Gardener for TGF earlier last year and now she is a Farmer.  Anyway she issued this great Challenge to use Masking well I had never tried it before but it was fun!!!!

Randi made a great tutorial on her blog about how to do this great technique here:

Anyway to do this technique you stamp an image twice color one and leave the other black and white.  Then you cut the black and white one out.  Put the black and white one over the colored one and choose another image and stamp it somewhat over the first image part of the images will now be gone because it got stamped on the black and white image you put over the colored image so now it looks like one image is standing slightly behind and beside the other image.  I did this with 5 images but you could just use two if you wanted to!

So all of these images are one piece of paper cut out as one image even though it is really parts of 5 images with this great masking technique you can create this great 3-D effect.  I hope you try it soon!!!!!!

So here is my card I totally did not expect to win the challenge but I did so I am so syked I got to pick one of the New Release Sprouts to get for Free how cool is that???  I picked Stella I just love how people are coloring her hair and can not wait to give it a try!!!!



Above is the full card I also tried to pick 5 patterned papers to go behind them that went with that particular Anya's time period.  The Theme of my Card Anya Through the Ages was to give people an idea of how Anya has remained stylish and hip from the 1920's to the 2010's!!!!!

I cut out the papers behind the Anya's with my Scallop Circle Nesties and all the layers are popped up one or twice as the circles overlap each other just like the Anya's do!!!


80's Anya the only Anya that did not get masked under the other Anya's
V000, V12, V04, V17, YG00, YG03, YG09, B00, B05, RV21, RV00, RV02, RV06, YG09, Y06, E50, E51, E53
Skin: ROO, E00, E95

Flapper Anya colored up in Deep Reds
R20, R35, R29, R39. E33, E35, E29, E37,
Skin: E50, E51, E21

Super Star Anya
C1, C2, C3, C7, RV00, RV02, RV06, Y02, Y08, Y38
Skin: E00, E11, RV02

Pretty Hat Anya
BG10, BG15, BG72, BG75, E51, E35, E37, E39,
Skin: E51, E52, E11, RV02

Hippie Anya
YR00, YR09, E07, E09, B21, B05, RV21, Y02, Y08
Skin: E00, R00, E95, RV21

I punched out Yo Yo Yellow Card Stock with my SU curly label punch and then I had wrote the sentiments with a fine tip Sharpie sorry I could have done a much better job on the hand writing!!!!



Here is a close up of all the Anya's together after I did all the masking coloring and cutting them out!!!!

Well I am off to play with the kiddo's and work on much needed laundry so much to do after our trips and I am already way behind but then again what is new I always get behind on laundry after taking trips :-)!!!!!

Have a Great Monday Afternoon and a Wonderful Tuesday!!!!

Wednesday is our Stampendous Flutterby Wednesday New Challenge Blog Kick off Blog Hop and you will not want to miss it so come back on Wednesday for a wonderful Blog Hop!!!!!

Heather

13 comments:

Rachel said...

You totally deserved to win, this is just OUTSTANDING!!! Too bad they didn't have an all-around best project, you totally would have won. Congrats and beautiful job! Frame it, LOL :D

Danni said...

Wowzers! What an outstanding creation!! Wow! Awesome job!

Rhonda Miller said...

Heather, what a fabulous card. I love it. Those are some little cuties.

Dragonlady said...

Hi Heather,

This card is amazing, masking perfection. Love your colouring too. A well deserved win hun.

Hugs Ali x

Sammi said...

AWESOME Job Heather!! It looks stunning... you totally deserved to win that prize :D
Have a great week!
xxx

Kris said...

CONGRATS girl!!!! this was a fabulous and well done creation!! i'm LOVIN' it! stunning beyond words... =D hugs, Kris

Kerry said...

Holy cow, it's totally awesome!!! Absolutely stunning! Loveeeee all the Anya, and the coloring is amazing.

Christine Riley said...

What a gorgeous card, Heather. Love the idea, it's just so cute and bright and colorful and fun! :) I can't thank you enough for the sweet message you left on my blog yesterday, it meant so much to me. I had lost my confidence for a long time, but I'm glad to be back and sharing my love of crafting again. Thanks so much for your support :)
Big Hugs, Christine :)

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

well it's definitely a winner in my book. this is not only awesome, but totally gorgeous! wow!

hope your holidays were fabulous!

hugs,

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow girl!! What an incredible amount of cutting and masking!! Fabulous!! Worth every minute. I love it. YOur coloring is GORGEOUS!! Hope 2010 has started out well for you my friend!!

hugs,
Chris

StampinCathy said...

WOW! Your card is just amazing and so inspiring. Love the colors and your coloring is just fabulous. You can see all the love you put into this card.

Randi said...

You SO deserve a TROPHY for this card girl!! It blew me away!! I am *blushing* from your comments! I am beyond flattered that you played along with my challenge. You ROCKED it! Seriously amazing!!

Shesjetlagd said...

You totally deserve the award! This card is awesome! You did such a great job w/ the coloring & what a clever idea! Love it!