Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Laundry Room Scene - Another Card for the Die Cuts R Us Color Challenge

Laundry the Never Ending Job!!!!



Happy Sunday Stampers, Friends, and Family!!!!

After I played in the color challenge over at Die Cuts R Us Yesterday I had so much fun finding all my cards in those colors it reminded me just how much I love the 4 colors in the Die Cuts R Us Logo... Pink, Purple, Green, and Turquoise so I decided to make a card I have had in my head for Quite a while now and I thought why not use those colors again!!!!



Below is my Laundry Room Card.  Laundry at my house seems to be the bain of my existence so I have had the though in my head to make a card using Laundry a Wild Sprout from The Greeting farm and making a Laundry Room around her.

I used SU! Card Stock in Orchid Opulence, and Tempting Turquoise, The Green Patterned distressed wall color is a sheet of DSP from a Die Cuts with a View paper pack Citrus, The Washer and dryer are SU! Pixie Pink and Laundry and the Floor are on NeeNah Card Stock.


I created the Wood Floor by taking my NeeNah White Card Stock I use to stamp and color on and I drew the boards for the floor then I took my E31 Copic and colored the whole floor section in.  After that I took my E35 Copic to make the wood grain marks all over each wood section, and then I took my E37 Copic to draw the knots in the wood.


I wanted the Washer and Dryer to have that shiny enamel look and so I took my SU! Crystal effects and put it all over the front of the Washer and dryer to make them shiny like real appliances if you see in the lower left hand corner of the washer you can see where I stuck my foot in the Crystal Effects before it was completely dry while I was sitting on the floor working on the rest of the card.

To make the washer and dryer I took 2 of my SU! wood blocks for my stamps and I traced around the big one, then I put the smaller wood block inside of the large wood block tracing and I traced around the small wood block too!!!!  I took one of my containers of shimmerz and I traced around it to make the round doors of the Front Loading Washer and Dryer.  I had wrote the machine settings at the top of the washer and dryer.  I filled in all the white parts you see with a white gel pen. 



I stamped 5 of the outfits from The Greeting Farm Ward Robe #1 and then colored them in the Purple, Green, Pink, and Turquoise colors of the Die Cuts R Us Color Challenge.  The Clothes rack I made by taking the metallic silver card stock from SU! and cutting strips of it for the ends of the clothes rack and I cut the stands of the clothes rack by hand and the hanging bar of the clothes rack is silver elastic twine.

Outfits colored in these Copics:
G20, G21, G24, V000, V12, V04, V17, B00, B02, B05, B91, B93, C1, RV00, RV02, RV06, E50,





Isn't Laundry one of the cutest images you have ever seen I just love her and use her a lot lately too!!!

She is Colored in these Copic Colors:
Skin: R00, E00, E93, RV21
Hair: E50, E53, E55
Outfit: RV00, RV02, RV06
Laundry: G20, G21, G24, V000, V12, V04, V17, B00, B02, B05



Here is a side view of the Card so you can see some of the dimension.  I popped the washer and dryer up with foam from my stamps and Laundry (Girl) is popped up using one layer of foam and two layers of rubber to make her pop out more than the machines do.

I created my white floor board by taking a strip of White NeeNah Card stock and taking my score pal and scoring all the way down the strip on both ends of the 3/8" strip to make the outside edges popped up and gives the look of real white wood floor boards you can not see that detail in the pictures unfortunatetly though sorry!!!

Well I hope you enjoyed my Laundry Card today we have church in the AM Marvin and I are working in the nursery and the 2's room to do our once a month volunteer day in the children's wing and then after church we have to bring Darian and Harly home for the afternoon so that Richard their Grandpa can go to a Class Reunion Planning Meeting.  Then I have to stuff and address the last of our New Years Letters and Pictures to send out in the mail on Monday.  So it should be a pretty busy day for us I guess!  :-)

Have a Stampendous Sunday Everyone and don't forget to check out the Die Cuts R Us Color challenge this particular challenge still runs until Tuesday.

Heather

23 comments:

Kris said...

OMGosh Heather!!! this is fabulous!! i LOVE your style in bright colors.... way to go girl!!! this will make anyone smile... ugh, i've got laundry to do in the morning... =D hugs, Kris

Rachel said...

Pretty sure this may be one of the cutest cards EVER!!! Just LOVE the colors and the washer and dryer and the clothes, it's really just perfect, FANTASTIC card!!

Kimberly S said...

Wow, how super cute and creative! Love it, especially the coloring. :)

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

laundry is definitely not one of my favs which is why hubby does it - and very well i might add.

but holy moly! is this ever the cutest! i love the almost retro look to it and the colors are fabulous! just the cutest!!!

hugs :)

Jennifer said...

That's AWESOME Heather, but please don't remind me of laundry. It's a never ending chore. LOL!

Kristen said...

Too cute, I love this so much!!! I love the glazed washer and dryer as well!

62 Cards - Sammye Jo said...

Love the laundry scene!!! Great job with your copics too!!! Thanks for joining us this week at DCRU and good luck with the DT Call!!

Sammye Jo
DCRU DT

Cassie said...

this is faaabuuuuulous (said in my best oprah imitation!) heather.
absolutely my favorite card by you ever! at least for today b/c i *know* you'll post another fabulous one soon to replace it!

so very creative and talented!!!

Gwen said...

Absolutely ADORABLE! You put a lot of work into this card and it shows. I think I'd have to frame it and hang in my laundry room for a little cheering up on those wretched laundry afternoons. Wonderful card, Heather, thanks for sharing.

Smiles!
Gwen DT@DCRU

Pam Varnell said...

Oh Heather you are definitely the Queen of Scenes. I love this card. You are so talented with your creations. Thanks for always inspiring me. Hugs!!

Danni said...

Wow! You sure do know how to rock the scene cards! This is amazing!! Great job!! Wow!!

Nancy said...

Oh, Heather!! I just love this card...it is so cheerful and vibrant and bright!! Love it so much!! It makes me want to do laundry!!

LORi said...

Loving your sweet scene Heather!!
Fab Work!!

DCRU HUGS - LORi

Maria Matter said...

Hi Heather!!
Hey I want to thank you for blessing me the other day with your beautiful comment!

I totally understand about commenting, we just can't fit it all in...in a day! or even a week at times! lol

Your creation here is gorgeous!!! Your coloring is always amazing and you are so creative with your makes!
I can tell you put your whole heart in the things you make and that's what makes them and you so special!!!
take care hun!
Blessings, Maria

Cara said...

Fabulous card! Love the vibrant colors.
Cara DCRU DT

the whimsical butterfly said...

Seriously this is hands down ADORABLE. I LOVE how you even made the W/D appear shiny. You ARE the queen of scenes like Pammy said! Gorgeous coloring and I wish you ONLY the best of luck on the DT call. You would ROCK DCRU, my friend!

Heather the MooseLover said...

I love it- so well laid out and the colors and the whole thing. I wish my washer and dryer were such a vivid pink- maybe it would make laundry more fun... nah!

Christi said...

This is precious!!

Lelia said...

Too stinkin' cute, Heather!!! That's me today!

Hugs,
Lelia

Amber said...

Amazing Heather! This is one of the most adorable cards I've ever seen! You did an awesome job!
Hugs
Amber *DCRU DT*

Regina said...

I'm speechless, Heather! What a fun scene,cheerful look! Absolutely GORGEOUS!!
Hugs Regina

Susie Sugar said...

This is totally stunning I love it
Hugs Susie xx

Shesjetlagd said...

This is AWESOME!! Beautiful bright colors, and soooo incredibly creative w/ the clothes & w/d! Love it!