Friday, January 15, 2010

Feature Friday with The Character Cafe Fairy Magic Fun Creation - Piper has Strep Throat so not much creating time this week.

 Magic is in the Air


Happy Feature Friday with The Character Cafe!!!!

Well as you might have noticed I have not uploaded very many creations this week and that would be because I just have not had much creating time this week.  Piper my 7 year old has Strep Throat but she was under the weather for a couple of days before I took her to the Dr. so that has kept me pretty busy so sorry for my lack of posts but I am back today with one of my favorite companies The Character CafeThey turn out wonderful images every month and I often times find it quite hard to decide just which image I want to work with each week!!!!!

So this week I decided to work with Fairy Magic a Character Cafe image that was released in December last month.  I had not had a chance to print her up and color her and so I did just that.


This week it was my turn to play on the team that is issued a challenge by one of our great DT the other team all head out to Blog Land and pick one of the many Stamping/Creating Challenges out there and they create using those challenges and a TCC image.  My Team was issued the challenge this time by sweet team mate Lola.  Lola wanted us to do a Recipe Challenge using - Only 1 Patterned Paper, Buttons, and Ribbon, and we could use as many layers as we wanted to.  If you want to play along in the challenge this week you are welcome to and there are two Free The Character Cafe Images up for the winner of this weeks challenge to take home to play with!!!


Be sure when you are done her to head out to my team mates blogs and see what lovely creations that they came up with as well!!!  I am always amazed and what these girls do our styles are all so different but they all compliment each other at least I think they do!!!!



Owners Kendra and Kelly
.......
Sr. DT
.......

.......
DT
.......
Angela...Annamarie "Lola"...Deanne...Diane...Piali...Rachel...Sheri ..."Fink"...Meredith

Before I show you my Card I wanted to Announce the winner of the Birdie Love image that I used on last weeks New Release Blog Hop.  The winner is Christi  (From Cherry on Top Designs Blog)  Congrats on getting this super cute image just head over to The Character Cafe Store and you can contact Kendra from there with your e-mail address so she can send you your new image!!!  Yea!!!!!

So I printed Fairy Magic up on NeeNah White Cardstock the best best paper for blending and shading with your copic Markers!   I then cut her out with my SU! Big Shot and my Labels 9 Nestibilities Die Cuts.  I traced around the biggest die I used to cut her out with and got a matted layer of the die after cutting it out with scissors.  I took some real red card stock and embossed it with my D'Vine Swirls CB embossing folder.  You can see on the outside of the white layer cut out with Nesties 9 that I took one of my red Copics: R37 and traced around the cutout but added more thickness of my tracing in some areas than in others.

Card Stocks and papers used are SU Real Red, Brocade Blue, and an old SU! DSP I am always so impressed with SU!'s DSP it is the only DSP I have that is thick enough to be a card back like this one!!!!


Then I added some of my favorite silver shimmery till the cows come home ribbon and a Star Button because it matched the Star Wand Fairy Magic is holding and it also fit into my Recipe I had to do for Lola's challenge.


Star Magic is colored up with Copics in these shades:
E31, E35, E59, E00, R00, E95, RV21, B11, B91, R20, R35, R37, and R29

Well that is all for me tonight I hope you enjoyed my Humbel Card this sweet Fairy Magic Image is just so pretty she was fun to work with if you love her as much as I do you can pick her up here at
The Character Cafe Store.

Have a Stampendous Saturday and I will see you back tomorrow with a Die Cuts R Us Challenge Card and bring back some Christmas Spirit????  I got that card done about the same time I finished this card too!!!

Have a Very Very Stampendous Friday Everyone!!!!!

Heather

9 comments:

CraftyMomOf2 said...

Heather!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GORGEOUS!! Your coloring is SPECTACULAR!! Amazing job! Love the colors and the LO as well!!

hugs!
Meredith

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER Heather, this is just brilliant!! Your coloring is just amazing hun!! HUGS

Kim R. said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!! WOW! You coloring is stunning!

Christi said...

OMG I can't believe I won!!! Thank you SO much!! I also LOVE this card and hope your sweetie is feeling better soon!!

PaperCrafty said...

Fabulous card, Heather!! Your coloring is always amazing!!

Fink said...

Love the colors you chose! Nice works as always!

Sara said...

Absolutely Beautiful Heather!! I'm so sorry to hear about Piper, I hope she's feeling better. My two youngest had strep last week and it totally wiped ME out!!

Rachel said...

She's beautiful Heather!!! fabulous job girl!!
hugs,
Rachel

Kendra said...

I LOVE this card Heather... it's sharp and clean and crisp and I just think it's the best colour scheme for this fairy! The shiny ribbon makes it pop and the embossing on the red paper works so well (I really must do this more, but I forget LOL).