Friday, January 15, 2010

Digging the DT Challenge!!! Another Die Cuts R Us DT Challenge Card. "Leftovers" - Use some of that Leftover Christmas Paper

Time for some Christmas

"Leftovers" Fun!!!!!


Happy Friday again my friends, stampers, and readers!!!!

I had some time today to sit down and work on my project for this weeks Die Cuts R Us Design Team Weekly Challenge I had a ton of fun playing along with this great group of stampers last week and I wanted to play along again this week too!!!

This weeks challenge was titled "Leftovers" and the challenge was to use some of your left over Christmas Paper to make another card.  I went back and forth between weather or not to use my Christmas Paper to make a Traditional Christmas Card or to use my Christmas paper to make a non Christmas Card.  Well I have this image I have wanted for a long time that I did not get until after Christmas so I just had to use it which meant I would be doing a Traditional Christmas Card Yea!!!!

So I got out 2 different Christmas Papers that I had some left over scraps from that coordinated well together and I used them on the card I also used SU! Real Red Card Stock, Glorious Green, and Certainly Celery.  I wanted to add some fun Bling so I got out my favorite shimmery silver metalic ribbon and some Dew Drops in Silver and Green and added them on both sides of the card.


To make it even more Christmasy I embossed some of my layers in CB embossing Folders Stars and Christmas Ornaments I also used my Large Petite Oval and Lg Scallop Oval Nestibilities on this card to cut out the matted shapes Anya is mounted on.

I colored Elf Anya (isn't she a cutie???) with these copics:

Skin: R00, E00, E93, RV21, and RV02
Hair: E35, E37, and E29
Dress, shoes, and Hat: R20, R35, R37, R29, G20, G21, G24, G00, G03, G17



Here is one last side view of my card I hope you enjoy it and I hope you play along in the Die Cuts R Us DT Challenge this week to it was a fun challenge and a challenging challenge to get back in the Christmas Spirit!!!

Have a Very Stampendous Friday night.  We were going to go to Family Night at Church tonight but since Piper has Strep Throat that is out.  Tomorrow is Piper's 2nd Upward Sports Cheerleading Game where she will be cheering for the Basketball Team this week!!!!

Heather

16 comments:

62 Cards - Sammye Jo said...

How cute Heather!!! Thank you for playing along with us at DCRU this week! We love having you around!!

Sammye Jo
DCRU DT

margie c said...

Heather! What an adorable card! Your coloring rocks!!! Great job :)

Thanks for joining us at Die Cuts R Us!
hugs, margie

LORi said...

Adorable Heather!! Great coloring and fun colors!!
DCRU HUGS - LORi

Gwen said...

Awww, Heather, this is so stinkin' cute! I love the layers and depth.

Smiles!
Gwen DT@DCRU

Dawn said...

this is so pretty! i love your coloring and the ribbon and bow are precious! great job...

Danni said...

Very nice card!

Nancy said...

Heather, this is absolutely adorable!! I want your leftovers!!

Jennifer said...

Beautiful Heather

Kerry said...

Beautiful coloring Heather, adorable card, love the layout, it looks so good! ;)

Dragonlady said...

Hi Heather,

Great card love the use of left overs.

Hugs Ali x

Kimberly S said...

What a cutie Heather, and your coloring is so lovely! :)

Cammy said...

She is so cute, Heather and I love your color choices!

Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog! Lots of luck to you on the DT call!

Regina said...

what a fantastic card! I love the Elf Anya and how you have colored her!

Regina

Amber said...

Beautiful Heather! I love how you highlighted Anya's hair! Your going to have to give us a tutorial! Because I've tried this and it didn't turn out very good ; )
Hugs
Amber *DCRU DT*

PaperCrafty said...

Darling card, Heather!! I love Elf Anya!!

the whimsical butterfly said...

Ohhhhhhhh look at HER!!!!!! Adorable...wherever did you FIND her? LOL! Haha no help from me, I know ;) J/K=this is a GORGEOUS card and great take on the challenge at DCRU!!!