Friday, January 8, 2010

The Character Cafe January New Release Blog Hop - Love is in the Air - Hop along for lots of fun Prizes!!!

Flight of the Love Birds



Happy Friday Everyone!!!!

Today is the Day for the January New Release Blog Hop with The Character Cafe Design Team.



You are so going to fall in love with these images and want them all I was assigned Birdie Love for my image and it is just way way way too cute for it's own good!!!  Plus this image comes with 3 Different images One with a Saying above the Bird, One with the Bird and the Saying in the Biggest Heart Below the Bird, and One with all the Hearts blank for you to do whatever you want with it!!!

Now on my Image I actually opened it in Photoshop and erased some of the Hearts so I could have a Flying Birdie on my Card.  This is very easy to do, but I wanted you to see what the Full Version (or one of the 3 Full Versions of the image) that you will get when you purchase this adorable cutie pie from The Character Cafe!!!!


Now How does this Blog Hop Work and What are

The Prizes this time around???

Win the Commenting Prize Images
When you do the hop leave a comment on each DT Blog and you will be entered to win the image that DT member worked with for the Hop.  You can win multiple images if your name is drawn so don't forget to comment on each stop of the Hop!!!

The Grand Prize

Grand Prize will be 4 of the January New Releases (Wiggies, Oh Lolly Lolly, Puppy Love and Calvin)
To qualify for the Grand Prize, Please comment on all of the Blogs as each comment you leave will give you an extra entry into the drawing for the Grand Prize plus earn you that entry for the image on each blog.  The Blog Hop lasts from Friday January 8th to Friday January 15th and the prizes will be drawn and posted then  Also Please let us know what kind of cards/projects you make most often, and what your favorite type of images is when you get to the last stop on the hop at the Cafe Blog.
.. ie birthday, sympathy, thank you etc.... we want to know what kinds of images to make more of!

The Discont Code

Along the Hop each DT girl will be giving you a piece of the Code that will earn you a 30% discount in The Character Cafe Store from now until January 15th when the Blog Hop ends.  So don't forget to write down each DT Members Piece of the Code!!!!!!

Links for the Blog Hop

You should start the Blog Hop at The Character Cafe Store
Your next Stop is our Fearless Leader Kendra
The Hop right before me is with my wonderful team mate Billie
after you are done here then Hop on over to sweet and talented Fink!!!
The last stop of the Hop is with Kellie our other owner and fearless Leader!!!!

In case you get lost along the way here is a list of the 15 stops of the hop and the order of those stops I have all the links in my side bar and I planned to add them all in here but I tried that once and lost over half of my post so now I am going to just tell you the links for all those participating are also in my side bar!!!!!

1) TCC Store

2) Kendra

3) Sara

4) Piali

5) Billie
6) Heather

7) Fink

8) Lola

9) Meredith

10) Rachel

11) Deanne

12) Angie C.

13) Angie E.

14) Diane

15) Kelly at The Cafe Blog

And now without further ADU here is my project for the January New Releases over at The Character Cafe!!!



I made one of these shadow Box Cards the other day and I loved it so much I just knew it would be perfect for this cutie Birdie Love to be flying around in the scene I created with this card.

I used 3 of Birdie Love the main image and the birds holding the Sentiment Banner.  I also added a couple of my all time favorite TCC image Fairy Belle from way back in our June Release Blog Hop!!!!



Here is a side view of the Card you can see on the inside I used some of my SU! Double Sided Textured Printed Card Stock with a Cloud Print on it.  I just drew and cut out the rest of the scene all from Textured Card Stock to add some dimension to my project (or at least I thought it did!!!)



Birdie Love is Hanging from some pretty silver elastic twine which is attached above him on the card with Glue Dots so he twirls and floats around hanging from his twine and when you close the card all the way it is a big surprise how he pops out and floats when you open the card up!!!!

I cut the hole out of the Card front with my Small Classic Circle Nesties, and my Small Classic Scalloped Circle Nesties for the frame of the hole in the card.  You can see the clouds behind him in this picture too.



Birdie Love is colored up with Copics
B21, B00, B05, B24, B18, C2, C3, Y09, Y38

I did this close up view so you can see the White Fun Flock I added to his bellie and under wings to give him a really soft look and texture!!!!



I also opened Fairy Belle up in Photoshop and flipped her and the Birdie Love to get the two Birds and Two Fairies that are opposite of their selves which just looks better for this card I think!!!!!

Fairy Bell is Colored using these Copics:
Skin: R00, E00, E95, RV21
Dress and Tights: RV00, RV13, RV21, YG00, YG03, YG09, V000, V04
Wings:RV21, R29, YR68, Y06, YG05, G17, B05, B18, V000, V04, BV09, O for blending the light shade in the center of each colored part of the wings
Hair and Flowers in the Hair: E50, E53, E55, YG04, YG09, B00, B21, G03



Above is the Sentiment Banner I made using a banner image and my hand written Sentiment.  The Birds are colored exactly like the big Birdie love you see as the main image and they also have fun flock in thier under wings and bellies!!!



Close up of the Mini Birdie Loves so you can see the fun flock (maybe???)



Last but not least you can see the inside of my card with the matted textured CS in a darker shade and that textured Cloud CS from SU!!!!


Well I hope you enjoyed my take on Birdie love and I hope you enjoy the entire Blog Hop with my ever talented and fun Design Team Sisters!!!!

Don't Forget to Leave Comments and tell us your favorite images at the end of the Hop to be entered all those times for the Grand Prize to be drawn on January 15th along with all the other Prize Drawings too!!!!  Yea!!!!!

All the images are now in stock and for sale at The Character Cafe Store so hop on over and pick some of your favorites and don't forget the Discount Code for a 30% off treat!!!!  Code good till January 15th as well.
My Little Piece of the Code to get you that Great Discount is

V

Have a Very Stampendous Saturday Everyone!!!!

Heather

25 comments:

Regina said...

Heather, you have outdone yourself my friend! This card is exquisite, just amazingly beautiful! You are so clever!
Have a nice day!
Hugs Regina

Kendra said...

It's just beautiful Heather! I love how the birdie is hanging in the window... perfect for this image... the fun flock really makes him soft and fluffy like you said too. Fantastic job :)

dmgifts said...

Love all the work you did to put this together it is amazing.

poochietoo said...

wow beautiful

Christine Riley said...

WOW! This is an amazing card! Love, love, love the open circle and the three dimensional effect. Very, very pretty, love it!
Hugs, Christine :)

Rachel said...

Absolutely Gorgeous Heather!!! you did a spectacular job.
hugs,
Rachel

Sara said...

WOW Heather, you've outdone yourself again!!! It's AMAZING!

Billie's Scrappetique said...

Heather,

Amazing job! Love how you did the window. I think I may have to copy this idea for my hubby's V-Day card. Shhhh...don't tell him! ;o)

PaperCrafty said...

WOW!! Amazing card!!

Lilacanglia said...

This is absolutely FANTASTIC,
such a wonderful card,
Hugs
Angie

Kim said...

I love the flocking on the bird. It really gives the image some depth. Beautiful card.

Deanne Burton said...

Amazing creation!!!

Cheryl said...

This card is incredible! You ROCK!

Angie Cortes said...

Amazing Heather!! I LOVE all the little details! Just Gorgeous!

Mary said...

This is gorgeous Heather!!! Thanks for the chance to win this great image!

hugs
Mary

scrapBugz said...

Your card is just amazing. Love it and very adorable.

Tami said...

I love how you colored those fairies:)

Debby said...

Oh my goodness I do believe this is the prettiest card I have ever seen!

Christi said...

This is amazing!!! Wow!!!!

Lee - grandmalee said...

WOW! How adorable! Thanks for all of your detailed instructions for those of us that are computer challenged! Love the flocking detail too! TFS!

little cardmaker said...

Wow. A beautiful card all around!

Angie said...

Omgosh, your card is amazing!!! Love how you "floated" the little bird in the circle and made the little tiny birds holding the banner! So clever and so sweet!!

Loz (Aus) said...

Oh Heather, the little banner is just the cutest! Love how your little birdie is flying!

Kelly said...

Absolutely STUNNING Heather!!
Love the 3D card with the bird flying and the two little ones holding the banner...you always seem to take your creativity to the next level. Great card!!
Kelly

craft_princess said...

Awesome card and love that image!!!