Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Big News We are launching the new Flutterby Wednesdays Challenge Blog today with a Big Blog Hop and Major Talent for you to see. Also "Whimsical Wednesdays" - The Diedrich Dare/Dare Devil DT Sample. My First Shadow Box Card.

Three Lovely TGF Fairy's

to help Celebrate the Launch of our

New Flutter By Wednesday

Challenge Blog!!!! 


Happy Happy Wednesday Everyone!!!!

Today is a very special Day we are having a Huge Blog Hop with The Flutter By Wednesday Design Team because we are finally launching a Flutter By Wednesday Challenge Blog and today is the Day it goes Live!!!!   Yea it is about time Flutterby Wednesday Challenge will be 2 years old in March!!!!  We are seeing more and more players every week and it is so fun to see what people create using Butterfly's Fairy's and Angels!!!!  You to can play just make sure your project has a Butterfly, Fairy, or Angel on it and link it up to Mr. Linky on the New Challenge Blog so we can all see your lovely creations!!!! Yea!!!!

This weeks Challenge is "Somthing New" Danni told us we could interperate that any way we wanted to!!!  New Stamps, New Paper, New Technique, New Coloring Medium and lots of other options too.

I choose to use for my Challenge Card New Paper, New type of Card (a shadow box card I had never made before), New Elastic Silver Cord.  I have had the Fairy's for a long time now so they are not new.  I was planning to use a Paper Make - Up Digital Fairy for my card which would be New as well since I have never used a Paper Make Up Fairy or Digital image before, but my image did not get here in time bummer!!!!  I will be using her next week though!!!

Below is the New Badge for our Flutterby Wednesdays Challenge Blog Feel Free to crab your badge and help us spread the word about the new Challenge Blog!!!!!   Next week there will be prizes for playing in the challenge too! 

Blog Hop:
Danni has the full list of names with links on her blog so if you get lost along the way you can pop on back to Danni's Blog and see where you go next.

If you happened upon my blog first you should start on Danni's Blog.   If you are in the middle of the hop you should be coming to my Blog from totally talented team mate Shanna, and after my Blog you will head out to sweet and talented Kimberly to continue on the Fun Flutterby Blog Hop!!!

Participants for The Flutterby Blog Hop Celebration are:

Danni - (The Creator of The Flutterby Wednesday Challenge)


Pam


Nicola


Cassie


Jeanette


Christine

Harriet


Kris


Suzie


Karen


Chris


Michelle


Debby

Shana


Heather


Kimberly


Nancy


Ann


Jodi


Lelia


Kristie


Full list of all the Links are on Danni's Blog and The Challenge Blog as well.



My Card this week is also for The Whimsical Wednesday's - The Diedrich Dare Challenge as well.  So my Card needed to have the Theme of Somthing New for The Flutterby Wednesday Blog Hop Celebration, and I had to make something that I was inspired to create from the Inspiration piece below for The Diedrich Dare Challenge.




The Dare Devil Designers:


This Weeks Diedrich Dare Comes from Miss Madelynn herself and she choose this Make Up Set of her Mothers for us to use as our Inspiration Piece this week.

Starting this week and for the whole month of January Katie Cotton from Paper Make - Up Stamps is sponsoring The Diedrich Dare.  She generously gave each of us one of her Digital Stamps so you will see us working with them all month.  I did not get my image yet so today I used the three Fairy's from The Greeting Farm but next week I will be using the adorable image from Katie's Fairy Line Praying Madelynn Fairy, Katie has some wonderful images (both rubber and Digital), and other cool supplies and such too so make sure you stop by and see what all she has that you might fall in love with too!!!!

You will want to play along in The Diedrich Dare Challenge this week because Katie is very generously going to give the winner from this weeks challenge some Free Rubber Images what could be better than that???  Check it all out at The Diedrich Dare Challenge Blog

Now onto my Card.  While Browsing through The Greeting Farm Gallery today I saw a few Shadow Box Cards and I had never tried that technique before, but I decided right away that was what I wanted to do for my Flutter By Wednesday and Whimsical Wednesday Challenges this week!!!!!!



About a month ago I was at Hobby Lobby and they had this totally wonderful K & Company Paper packs I totally fell in love with this gorgeous Berry Sweet Packs they have awesome patterns - Rainbows and Unicorns, Sock Puppet Monkey patterns, Mushroom/Whimsical Patters, Glitter pages, Pearlescent Pages, lots of Flowers and just plain whimsical and fun designs.  It is not showing up to much in the Photo above but that background paper is covered in gorgeous glitter in the swirls on the flowers the dots and much more it is totally gorgeous in person too!!!!  I know I am going to have to order me some more of this paper now because it is all I have wanted to use this week it seems!!!!!  LOL!!!!



Here is a Shimmerz and Bling View I added Shimmerz to each Fairy's wings, two of them have some glitter in their make - up on thier cheeks and eye shadow too.  Although with this view it looks like it makes their cheeks look weird in person it does not show up like this view, but this view does show you have pretty and sparkly they all are.

The Blond Fairy
 has Wings of PINK Shimmerz, and I traced the dots on the wings with my RV06 Copic after the Shimmerz dried I have heard that Copics will write on almost anythings but I had not tried to write on Shimmerz before but sure enough worked like a charm and my 0 Blender Pen even worked on the shimmerz when I got some black Copic ink in a place I did not mean to. 

The Light Brown Hiared Fairy
has Angel Wings Shimmerz and the lines are done with Pink Poinsetta Blingz so she has two shades of Shimmerz on her wings.

The Dark Brown Fairy
has Wings done with PINK Shimmerz with Hi Ho Silver painted over the top of the PINK Shimmerz and the lines were drawn with my RV19 Copic.


TGF Eva Fairy:
Skin: E50, E51, E21, RV02
Hair: E53, E31, E33, E35
Dress: RV000, RV00, RV02, RV04, RV06

TGF Fairy Chloe:
Skin: R00, E00, E93, RV21
Hair: E50, E53, E55
Dress: RV02, RV04, RV06, RV09

TGF Fairy Tink:
Skin: E00, E21, E11, RV13
Hair: E35, E29, E39
Dress: RV13, RV14,RV17, RV19

 Above you can see Fairy Eva spinning and swirling around from her hanging perch which makes this a Shadow Box Card.  It was very eash to do I just deisigned the front how I wanted it and then I got out my Scallop Circle Nesties Classic Small, and my Circle Nesties Classic Small sets and then I opened the card fully so that I wouldnot cut through the card back and I just used my Big Shot and my Nesties to create the Shadow Box part of the card.

The Card Front uses 3 different patterns from that K & Company Berry Sweet Pack.  I cut all of the mushrooms from the side of the paper that is on the back of the Mushroom Paper below.  One side is just lots and lots of swirls, butterfly's cool shapes whimsical flourishes, and the Back is actually more of a Scrap booking Paper with a Boarder of this Beautiful Mushroom, Butterfly, and Sewing images on 3 of the four outside edges of the paper.

The Green is not showing up near as pretty here as it did in person!!!!  It is more of a soft Sea Green/Sea Foam color and the Mushrooms are much different colors too!!!!!  Fairy Eva is hanging from pretty silver elastic cord which I just attached to the card with Glue Dots.

I hope you enjoyed me creation for these two challenge this week and I hope you are having a Blast doing the Blog Hop too!!!!

Have a very Stampendous Day Everyone!!!!!!!!

Heather

39 comments:

Sammi said...

Oh wow!! this is AWESOME Heather... so pretty! LOVe the colours, papers, fairies, colouring!!
Another gorgeous creation from you!
xxx

Dragonlady said...

Wow what a stunning card Heather. Love all the little fairies and toadstools.
Gorgeous hun.

HUgs Ali x

Rachel said...

ADORABLE card Heather! I love the mushrooms and the colors on the card are just beautiful :)
~Rach

Karen Wilson said...

Hi Heather! Wow, this has me left speechless. This is absolutely beautiful. Wow. I just love everything about it...super cute!

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous creation Heather!! The way you used the shadowbox technique is PERFECT! Your coloring is beautiful, love the shimmer!! Great work sweetie! :D

Katie Cotton said...

beautiful!

PaperCrafty said...

Amazing project Heather!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so sweet Heather. Love your cheery colors and design. The fairy hanging from the inside circle is ingenious!

Hugs,
Chris

Jennifer said...

Amazing! Your cards are always full of detail and color.

Kimberly S said...

A beautiful card creation Heather! The faeries are so sweet, and the colors are bright and fun! :)

Kris said...

OMGosh Ms. Heather! you've done it again! what a STUNNING creation you've brought on today! LOVE LOVE the fun colors and fun scene! way to go girl! =D hugs, Kris

Pam Varnell said...

Girl, shut up!!!! This is freakin gorgeous. Love those fairies and those bold bright colors, a girl after my own heart. Your coloring is fab and I love the one playing peek-a-boo in the circle frame. Gorgeous card girlie. Hugs!!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh wow!! Heather, your projects are always over the top hun!! I just love this!! Your coloring and your project is awesome!! TFS! Off to keep hopping along...

Nancy said...

Awesome, Heather!! I always love your detailed explanations of how you color them! The colors are especially vibrant to match your personality!! Love to see you creating again after a very hectic holiday season!!

Nicola said...

OMG this is absolutely stunning Heather,I adore your colouring and placement of these uber cute fairies ... you always rock FBW challenges. Happy 2010 sweetie.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Lelia said...

Yeowza, Heather!!!! This is a totally awesome card! I love it! You're so creative! Happy New Year, my friend!

Hugs,
Lelia

Harriet Skelly said...

Woewza Heather - this is one awesome card - great jb with the shadow box. The fairies are adorable and I love the one on the inside! Happy new year to you and your family!
Hugs, Harriet

Christine Riley said...

Wow, Heather, this is amazing! It's so bright and cheery and what a sweet surprise on the inside! :) Love it!
Hugs, Christine :)

Jeanette said...

So pretty. I love the bright colors.

Valerie said...

what beautiful fairys!!!

Michelle said...

Wow, girlfriend! Talk about an awesome card!! Lots of coloing, super layout and fabulous papers! I'd say this one is a home run!!

Jeri said...

Love, love, love this card. You did an awesome job. I've been thinking of trying my hand at a similar card. Your design has inspired me.

Danni said...

Love this! I've had the idea in my brain to use all three of these fairies but you beat me to it! Wonderful, wonderful card!!

Christine said...

Your card is just adorable with all three fairies. I feel sorry for the other two fairies that don't get to spin around!

Blessings,
Christine

Kristie said...

WOW!! Your creation is out of this world, Heather!! I love it!

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

OMGosh Heather...this is crazy awesome!! Love those fairies, and that paper, and that very cool card technique!!

Kim R. said...

WOW!!!!! This is a stunning creation. Absolutely beautiful. Such a great idea.

Gisèle said...

What a sweet card. Love the colours. I wish I could colour images like this - practise, practise, practis.

Kerry said...

OMGosh, stunning!!! I love TGF's fairies, and your card is amazing! WOW!

Shana said...

So bright and cheerful! Awe-inspiring card. Thank you for providing so much detail in the post.

the whimsical butterfly said...

Ok...it's official...this has GOT to be my FAVE FAVE FAVE card from you ever! Holy crap it's SOOOOOOOO cute! And THAT is the paper you were talking about ?! It's amazing. This whole card is just stunning...STUNNING!

Summerthyme Studio said...

Happy New Year Heather!!! Love your card and wishing you all the best in 2010~

Hugs

Vicki

Randi said...

Ohhh, I LOVE this!!! Heather, this is SOOOOOO exquisite!! I super love the "flying" fairy in the cut out!! Such a great idea!! Everything is just perfect! The papers, the layout, the coloring, the shimmer! WOW!!

You are such a sweetheart! Your comments always brighten my day!! I think you are soo talented and artsy, which is totally evidenced in this stunning card!!
Thanks for the link and amazing compliments in your post below!! I am so lucky to be YOUR teammate! Hugs! ~R

Darla said...

Heather - this is a beautiful card! I love the hanging fairy in the punched out circle. Fabulous job - and lots of work! I can definitely appreciate that.

Regina said...

Heather, another absolutely stunning card - it is sensational! I love the flying fairies! And your background paper is great!
big hugs Regina

Rebecca Ednie said...

I love how this card looks like a diorama when standing. Great colouring too!

Shesjetlagd said...

Wowsers, Heather!!! This is soooo purdy! What a great job coloring and I can def see why you love those papers!

inkypuddles said...

amazing cards! Love your work

Susie Sugar said...

Stunning fairy's what a fab card and a flutterby too !!
Hugs Susie xx