Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Whimsical Wednesdays - "The Diedrich Dare" DT Post and Flutter By Wednesdays DT Post Cards all in one posty post for you today!!!! Texture, and Frogs, and Butterfly's Oh My!!!!!!

Some Crazy New Stamps with a

Fluttering Sketch too!!!!





Good Wednesday Morning All!!!!!

Happy Day to you how is everyone today???  I think today is the day we will start to get back in the swing of things after the big Thanksgiving Trip and visiting and coming home.  Willow stayed home from Pre-K yesterday and stayed in bed most of the day with a Tummy Ache but today she seems all better so that is a good thing!!!!!

So today I have two cards to share with you one for Flutter By Wednesday and one for Whimsical Wednesday - "The Diedrich Dare"  Flutterby today was an open challenge so we could create anything we wanted to, and Nicky drew the sketch for Whimsical this week.

To play along with Flutterby Wednesday make sure to make a creation with a Butterfly, Fairy, or an Angel and link it up to our Flutter By Creators Blog (Danni) we are getting ready to launch our very own Flutterby Challenge Blog at the beggining of the year so that is very very Exciting News!!!!  Then you will link right up to the Challenge Blog Yea!!!!!!! 

Today we also have a Guest Designer Mercy who is a good pal of one of my friends so I get to hear about her amazing talent all the time!!!!!  Mercy has her own Sketch Challenge and DT so be sure to check her out!!!!!  This week we are also saying good bye to team mate Taylor and we will miss her!!!!  We are also welcoming a New Team Mate too!!!!  Welcome to our fun team Kimberly!!!!!

Be sure to head on out and check out my Lovely Team Mates Fluttering Creations when you get done here today!!!!!!


The FlutterBy Wednesday Design Team:


So here is my Flutterby Card for the week.

I got out SU! Card Stocks in Only orange and Bashful Blue and the orange layers are CB embossed with Swiss Dots, and Seeing Spots embossing folders.  The nesties cut outs are labels #1 and the Flutter By's are punched with a Martha Stewart Punch.



I actually got this stamp and 3 others for Piper for Christmas because she loves to stamp too and they had a little girl stamp named Piper I showed it to her on the Internet and so I got all 4 of these and as far as she knows they are all Piper stamps!!!!  She will love these crazy looking Crafting Kimmie Stamps!!!!!

I colored up my image with these Copics:

Skin:  R00, E00, E95, RV21
Dress: YR00, YR02, YR09, YR68, 0
B21, B24, B18
Dolls:  RV00, RV02, RV06, YG00, YG03, YG09, E50, E51, RV00
Hair:  Y21, Y26, Y28

Here is the side view so you can see all the dimension.

Now onto the next task of the day.  My Whimsical Wednesday card!!!!!  I know my sweet Mega talented team mates also have lots to show you today so stop by and visit them for some wonderful Eye Candy!!!!  We have said Good Bye to Team Mate Lisa Slusser and today we are adding a new Team Mate Kris to our team so I get to be on two teams with Kris now Flutter By and Whimsical!!!!!  Welcome Kris!!!!!



The Dare Devil Designers:
Cassie Larson... Darla Wilson ...Debbie Lee (not participating this week) ... Heather Schlatter... Jacquie Peifer... Jessica Diedrich... Kim Ross...Rebecca Ednie... Sandra McLean...Randi Whall...and...Kris

Now here is Nicky's ultra cool sketch for this week we hope you play along and link your creation up on the Diedrich Dare Blog just make a project using the sketch and link it up to play along this week we have had some amazing participants the last few weeks!!!!


So here is my Project for today (Yep I used one of Piper's stamps again, but it is O.K. they clean so pretty she will never know I could not resist using a couple of them before I wrapped them!!!!).

I had to use this image because 7 year old Nicky loves loves loves Frogs and Green so this ones for you Nick!!!!!  I used SU Card Stocks in Pixie Pink, Pink Passion, Gable Green, and Green Galore on this card.

I colored my image up in these Copics:

Skin: ROO, E00, E95, RV21
Dress and Frog:  RV00, RV02, RV06, YG00, YG03, YG09
Hair:  E30, E35, E29


I used my Nesties label 4 and to cut the Shapes, CB embossing folder Seeing Spots again to add the texture.

I added some bright round and star shaped buttons where Nicky wanted to make sure we knew the sketch had buttons (So Cute Nicky LOL) and I added some sheer shimmery Organza Ribbon to the top and bottom of the card for that part of the sketch and of course I had to use more frogs to finsh off the sketch at the top!!!!  Oh I also distressed the edges of the darker Pink Card stock with my kitchen knife too!!!  LOL!!!!

Well Tucker has been playing oh so sweetly while I have typed up the rest of this post I did not already have saved from when I started it yesterday so I must go play and read books now!!!!  Such a fun job being a Mom!!!!  I love spending time with them all!!!!

Have a very very Stampendous Fluttering Sketchy Wednesday my friends!!!!!

Heather

28 comments:

Lelia said...

Too cute, Heather! Those stamps are wacky and oh so fun!

Hugs,
Lelia

Nancy said...

Heather, your cards made me seriously crack up!! They are so vibrant and funny!! Love them!!

Nicola said...

Love your "Piper" stamps and your vibrant colouring Heather. Your cards always bring a huge smile to my face as they brighten my day.
Hugs to you and the kiddies,
Nicola -x-

Jacquie said...

What a GREAT creation!! I LOVE this stamp!!I just got mine and haven't used her yet!! Hope you are well girl!!!




Take care!
Jacquie/Javablustamper

Diane (djuseless) said...

Great cards Heather! I just love Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps too!

Jodi said...

Heather! Both of your cards are fabulous!! Love the pretty bold colors you used for them and the cute images too!! Hope you and the girls are doing much better since the bout of flu.
Big Hugs!
Jodi =)

Rachel said...

Oh, these are adorable Heather!!! you did a terrific job with these cards.
hugs,
Rachel :0)

the whimsical butterfly said...

Absolutely, freakishly, CUTE CUTE CUTE! HA! I am seriously so tempted to drive to Dunlap and just get them all from All that Scraps, LOL! Lilith is awesome-Charlotte too-these are seriously awesomely colored and I love the brights you paired them with!

So I am going to get a Frommer guide-when are we starting to plan this trip? LOL!!

Harriet Skelly said...

Oh Heather - I love the Piper images! They are so whimsical. I forgot to tell you that we got a new kitten a few weeks ago and its name is Piper! Hugs, Harriet

Darla said...

Heather - this is so darn cute! Love that little gal's facial expression. The colors are bright and fun. You did an awesome job with the sketch.

Kris said...

Fabulous cards girlie!!! i LOVE the bright colors!!! and your embellies are awesome... LOVE what you did with the buttons!!! cutesy!!! hugs, Kris

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh those images are quite humourous and you've made them quite stunning! now THAT'S talent!!!!

hugs,

PaperCrafty said...

Hi Heather!! These are too cute!!

Tanya said...

hee hee hee, you make me laugh! I wanna use presents first! LOL!
I like the princess with the frog! that's fun!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These cards are both stunning Heather. I don't know how you pull off these bright cheery colors but you always do!!! What fun creations with the fun images and all the cheery colors. Beautiful work my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Pam Varnell said...

Awww Heather Piper is going to love these stamps. They are darling and I love both of your bright, cheery cards with them. Both of just absolutely gorgeous but I'm partial to the one with the frogs. I love frogs!! Great cards girl. Hugs!!

Danni said...

It's your fault. I had to order these today. LOL!
Wonderful, bright, happy creations! Love them!

Ann Kranitz said...

You did such a great job with todays cards. I love those Craftin Kimmie stamps and you just made me love them even more!!! Hope all is well. Hugs to you!!!

Cassie said...

wow girl! i love all the orange and embossing on your flutterby card -- totally rockin'!!!
and then the dare card - great use of the sketch - you worked all the elements in - I'm so envious!!!

piper will love those stamps - heck, who wouldn't? their attitude is just plain fun!

Rebecca Ednie said...

I love the frogs and the button clusters in the corners. Great fun card!!

Mercy said...

heather...these are so stinkin' cute! your coloring is simply wonderful, and i love the bright and cheerful color combos you use! amazing samples, kiddo!

Christine said...

Love your cards with those crazy looking girls. Your little Willow seems a little crazy (in a good way) herself so I'm sure she'll like them!!!

Blessings,
Christine

Randi said...

So cute Heather!! I love these Craftin Kimmie images. The little frog border you made is sooo adorable!! I love the bright oranges and pinks you used, too!! I love how you do the different layers of textures with the same color cardstock! Very cool!!
Funny what you said about the hair coloring! I teach both ways in my class. I tell people to use which ever they are comfortable with. I do both, but my fav, especially if I'm in a hurry (which is almost always), is to start from dark to light! ;o)

Sandra MacLean said...

Oh Heather!! I can't even begin to tell you how much I looooooooooooove your card today!! All that pink and green in one place and the cutest little image! I've been eyeing those images and I think I have to break down and get myself one! Love that little face of hers!

Shesjetlagd said...

Heather these are both so freakin' cute! Love the big bright colors and your coloring is always so perfect! Love the little froggies & buttons!

Dragonlady said...

Absolutely wicked Heather. The colours are so funky and bright - just love your cards.

Hugs Ali x

Kim R. said...

I just love these new stamps. They are so cute. You do such a nice job coloring. I love that you used Piper's stamps. Too cute!!

Kimberly S said...

Every time I see these images used they make me smile! Your coloring is so beautiful and cheery! Thanks so much for the warm welcome too. :)