Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Two DT Challenges in one Whimsical Wednesday a Wizards of Waveryly Place Inspiration Challege "The Diedrich Dare" DT, and Make a Winter Themed Card with a Butterfly, Fairy, or Angel on it, with the Flutterby Wednesday Challenge DT Sample.


A Madelynn Card for Madelynn.



Happy Wednesday Everyone!!!!!

Today I combined my Diedrich Dare post Which was an inspiration Challenge with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge which was to create a Winter Themed Card.

Madelynn gave us this great Wizards of Waverly place inspiration you can see below.

I know all of my team mates have taken time to make some really cool inspiration piecs this week so check them all out when you time.  We are welcoming two new Dare Devils this week so a big huge Welcome to Jacquie N. and Valerie Wooo hoooo glad to have you both on the Dare Devil Team!!!!



The Dare Devil Designers:

Cassie Larson... Darla Wilson ...Debbie Lee (not participating this week) ... Heather Schlatter... Jacquie Peifer... Jessica Diedrich... Kim Ross...Rebecca Ednie... Sandra McLean...Randi Whall...and...Kris...and New Team Mates Jacquie Nordane and Valerie Urtaga

To play along with Flutterby Wednesday make sure to make a creation with a Butterfly, Fairy, or an Angel and link it up to our Flutter By Creators Blog (Danni) we are getting ready to launch our very own Flutterby Challenge Blog at the beggining of the year so that is very very Exciting News!!!! Then you will link right up to the Challenge Blog Yea!!!!!!!
Be sure to head on out and check out my Lovely Team Mates Fluttering Creations when you get done here today!!!!!!

   
The FlutterBy Wednesday Design Team:


Ann...Cassie...Chris...Christine...Harriet...Heather (me)...Jodi...Kristie...Lelia...Michelle...Nancy...Nicola...Stef...Pam...Karen...Kris...Taylor...Kimberly

So below is the Inspiration that sweet 9 year old Madelynn gave us to make a creation with!!!  I took it literally and used all the colors in the plate, Pumpkin Pie, Pixie Pink, Perfect Plum Old Olive, and Brocade Blue, and Whisper White in SU! Card Stocks I also like the swirls on the plate so you can see below the colors I made my swirls on the inspiration piece.



Here is my Creation!!!!!

I used my Scallop Circle Nestie and cut it out 3 times for the Pink, Green, and White layers and I traced it on The Puple, Blue, and Green layers then cut it out.  I used my SU! CB folder and ebossed the swirls on the white with that then I took Ink pads in these colors and distressed the swirls too!!!!


I had to use this image because Marie at The Greeting Farm made this Madelynn stamp after Jess's Daughter Madelynn and she is the one that issued us this inspiration and so this is a Madelynn card for Madelynn!!!!

I colored her in these copics:
Coat:V00, V12, V04, V17, G24, G85, G94
Shoes: C3, C5, C7, B100
Scarf: Y00, Y61, Y65, Y68
Socks: B02
Hat: B21, B24, B26, B02
Flower: RV00, RV02, RV06
Hair: E33, E35, E29
Skin: R00, E00, E95, RV21



Here is a side view I popped some of the Scalloped circle layers and not others.  Madelynn is popped up twice and the Butterfly is punched MS and then cut down to size with scisors.

Well off to bed lots to do tomorrow we got about 4 inces today but it does not look like we are canceling school tomorrow which is a bummer to me I wish I did not have to drive Willow across town and back again!!!

Have a Very Stampendous Wednesday!!!

Heather

19 comments:

Kris said...

Stunning creation!!! you rocked both challenges girl! Love all the layers in those gorgeous colors! awesome coloring too!!! woohoo! hugs, Kris

Jacqueline said...

How cute is this!! I love this image and your coloring!! The scallops are perfection! Great take on the inspiration! :D thank you so much for the warm welcome to Diedrich dare!! Hugs!

Nancy said...

Love the card and the inspiration, Heather!! I hadn't seen this stamp from TGF...it's a cutie!! What a fun inspirational challenge this week, Heather! My daughter enjoys this show sometimes!

Sandra MacLean said...

Heather! I loooove how you created a layer for each color in the inspiration image! And using the Madelynn stamp for Madelynns cchallenge - brilliant! Now, why did I not think of that?!? LOL

Lelia said...

So beautiful, Heather! I am loving the embossed card stock right behind your image! Coloring is excellent too!

Hugs,
Lelia

PaperCrafty said...

Darling card Heather!! You did a fabulous job with the challenge!! I love Madelynn!!

Christi said...

What a wonderful take on the inspiration!!! I love it!!!

Christine said...

She looks adorable with the butterfly in her hand. Great take on the inspiration.

Blessings,
Christine

the whimsical butterfly said...

Well, you KNOW that I've been in awe of this since you showed me last week-OMG! You did an AMAZING job of incorporating ALL the colors w/ this-I am floored! haha I went w/ the simple blue/purple color combo, LOL!

Seriously GORGEOUS coloring on Miss Madelynn, too! She is sitting here next to me and can't get OVER it! GORGEOUS!!!!

Danni said...

Awesome creation! Love the way you inked the embossed piece and all the fun colors!!

Darla said...

Awesome card Heather! Great colors to match that fun plate. Love the scallop card idea. Super!

Jodi said...

Wow!! This is terrific Heather!! You have colored her so very pretty and I love the colors you chose!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Hi Heather!! Your coloring and all the cheery colors is awesome!! I just love the shape and all the layers. This card is over the top gorgeous. What a sweet image!!

Sorry I did not comment earlier...life has just been too busy!! I had good intentions. Well this way...I have gorgeous eye candy first thing in the a.m.

hugs,
Chris

Cassie said...

okay girl - this is awesome! i'm so impressed you got all those colors in there - but you are so good at working with the bold and bright colors!!! love, love the butterfly that girl is holding - great idea!

Michelle said...

Love the shape and colors - HOW FUN!!! Beautiful coloring of the image - great job!

Pam Varnell said...

This is so precious Heather. Love that you combined both challenges. Those colors are just awesome and your coloring is just beautiful. Madelynn is going to love this card. Hugs!!

Kendra said...

Great card Heather! I love the distressed swirls in all the colours... very cool effect :)

Ann Kranitz said...

way to go tying the two challeges together!! Great Job!! Hope all is well

Kim R. said...

WOW this is gorgeous. The colors look amazing. What a cleaver idea to make a circle card. This is so beautiful!!