Monday, December 7, 2009

Special Christmas Shoes - A very cool Rusty Pickle Image and Stampation.

Special Swanky Christmas Shoes!!!



Good Morning All!!!!

Happy Monday everyone!  Today I am sharing a card with you that I was particularly proud of when I finished it.  You know lots of times you make a card and think well it's O.K. but once in a while you make a card and even you can think it is wonderful????  Well I just loved this card when it was done it was one of those rare moments!!!

So Today I am sharing with you these great Dressy Shoes Michelle over at The Rusty Pickle Designed.  I just think they are fun to color and make a card look pretty cool to a friend or lady who love shoes especially!!!!

All of my Rusty Pickle Team Mates will be posting creations throughout the week on their blogs so don't forget to stop by and see what Wonderful creations they have for you each day!!! 

I am also very excited that we are starting a New Freebie - Weekly Contest at The Rusty Pickle Store/Blog so stop by and see how to play along!!!!!!  Links are just below.



Michelle - Rusty Pickle Owner and Illustrator

Design Team
and


So here is my Creation for today.  It is a Christmas or Friendship or Even Valentines Day Card lots of Red, White, and Cream in the card with a slight amount of black and gray too.  I used SU! Card Stocks in Whisper White, Real Red, and two DSP's from older retired paper packs both SU!  I also used my Big Shot and my Cuttle bug embossing folder Text and Textile, and my Nestibilities Large Scallop Circle.

The Flowers are Prima and the Ribbon is also SU I adore that peppermint striped Ribbon but it is not only good just at Christmas it is also great for lots of things year round too!!!!


I colored my Image up with these Copics:
R20, R35, R29, and R59
C2, C3, C5, C7, and 100 (Black)





Here is a side view so you can see that Yummy Ribbon better and the dimension on the card too. 

I added SU! Rhinestone brads from my SU! Pretties Kit in the flower centers, and the sticker Rhinestones in the corner are from Hobby Lobby. 

I wanted to do one of those great swirly patterned rhinestone things everyone uses but I do not own any of the pre made swirl pattern ones and I tried to make my own and it was a horrible mess so I took them all off and just added three single ones to the bottom left corner.


 Tomorrow The Rusty Pickle is sponsoring the Tuesday Morning Sketches Challenge and most of The Rusty Pickle DT girls are making creations for the Sketch too.

So come back tomorrow for a real eye candy treat!!!!

Have a very very Stampendous Monday All!!!!

Heather

7 comments:

Regina said...

Heather, you have outdone yourself! What a great card! Perfect!

Regina

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Heather!! I love your red and the vibrant design. Cute shoes and I just love the ribbon!! Is that SU Ribbon? i want that!!
hugs,
Chris

the whimsical butterfly said...

When you emailed me this card last night to look at I was floored by your coloring and for some reason on your blog-maybe it's the darker background or something but it's just striking! You did an AWESOME job w/ those shoes and I love that red/white SU ribbon! Sorry I didn't call you back last night but hey, I actually watched like 3 out of 150 shows I have to catch up on, LOL! Talk to ya soon! MWAH!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Heather

fabulous creation hun, I do love your colouring.

Hugs Ali x

PaperCrafty said...

This is fabulous Heather!! I love the red & white and that ribbon is so yummy!!

Shesjetlagd said...

Swanky Christmas shoes is right! Awesome coloring job and love that big bold ribbon!

Cassie said...

i love it!
that image is on my wish list!
i used to could wear shoes like that back when i was teaching --- not anymore though! now it's all flip flops and ballet flats!