Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Rusty Pickle is sponsoring Tuesday Morning Sketches Challenge - Puppy Love - My DT Sample

Puppy Love and a Sketch



Happy Tuesday Friends, Family, and Stampers!!!!
Today is a fun day because our Rusty Pickle Store is Sponsoring The Tuesday Morning Sketches Challenge. Most of the girls on The Rusty Pickle DT decided it would be fun to participate in the Challenge with the Tuesday Morning Sketch DT.
So Melissa the creator of The Tuesday Morning Sketches Challenge sent us all the sketch so we could participate today. This sketch was a fun sketch and the DT creations I have seen so far are awesome!!!!
So Here is a list of The Rusty Pickle DT, and The Tuesday Morning Sketch Team as well. If you have some time head on over to the Challenge Blog and see what all the DT for the Sketch Challenge came up with today!!!! Also head on out to the Rusty Girls and let them know how wonderful their creations all are today I loved seeing them as they started posting their sketch challenge DT samples!!!!



Michelle - Rusty Pickle Owner and Illustrator

Design Team
and
Jacquie  - (Not participating in the Sketch Challenge today)




Tuesday Morning Sketches DT:


So Here is the Cool Sketch for this week over at the Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge Blog.

I took the Sketch and flipped it so the big half circle is on the bottom and the Sentiment I moved to the other end of the card.




  For this card I got out SU! Card Stock in Old Olive and I used 3 different patterned papers from Die Cuts With a View Paper Pack.  I printed and colored my image up on NeeNah Card Stock. 

I got out some green Dew Drops to add as the round things on the half circle, on the sketch.  I also cut my shapes for the Image matte and the sentiment out with Labels 5 Nestibilities.



Above is the Cute Image and one of my favorites from The Rusty Pickle Digital Images!!!!
I colored up the image with these colors of Copics:

E30, E31, E33, E35, E29

     

Here is the Side View of my card so you can see the dimension on the card.  I popped up the half Circle part of the sketch using just the rubber layer of stamps, and the Nestie layer is double popped up with the foam and rubber layer, and the Puppies are popped up another two thicknesses using Foam and Stampin Dimensionals to pop it up.  I hand wrote the sentiment.

Well we are getting snow as we speak and it is our first snow of the winter here.  They say we could get as much as 8 to 10 inches so I am not looking forward to that at all.

So far no school closings here, but there are closings all over the state already as the part of Kansas my Hubby is from is expecting 15 inches and they already had a couple inches of snow on the ground from Sunday!!!!

Well I must go now and  write up a post on the Rusty Pickle Store/Blog about sponsoring this fun Sketch Challenge!!!!

Be back tomorrow for Flutter By Wednesday and Whimsical Wednesday - "The Diedrich Dare" Challenge DT samples and I love one of the cards to pieces Madelynn gave us a very fun challenge for this week!!!!

Have a very Stampendous Tuesday All!!!!!!

Heather

4 comments:

Rachel said...

This is sooo precious Heather! i just love those puppies. you did a great job.
hugs,
Rachel

Melissa Craig said...

Awww - you did a beautiful job with the sketch. They are such sweet puppies.

Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Dragonlady said...

Hi Heather

Well done on doing this image - very tricky and so effective.

Hugs Ali x

PaperCrafty said...

What a fun card!! Fabulous job with the TMS!!