Saturday, December 5, 2009

Etsy Inspired Challenge DT Post - A Punched Pendant Christmas Card

Brilliant Blue and Gold Pendants

are Sweet Too!!!!


Happy Saturday My Friends, Family, and Stampers!!!!

Today we have a great Etsy Shop for your inspiration!!!  The Shop is called Too Stinkin Sweet and they have some really great items in the shop.  Mosty Soaps and bath products but they are all so cute I want to just order them all!!!!

So as you know Saturdays are Etsy Inspired Challenge Days on my blog and all you have to do to play along in this fun challenge is to go to this weeks store choose some inspiration pieces to make a project off of make your project and then post a link to your project on The Etsy Inspired Blog so we can check out your creations and so you can win this weeks prize!!!!!  You can see the Prize that Too Stinkin Cute is offering this week here

Speaking of which this week is another week sponsored by Unity Stamp company which means the challenge has two prizes this week, and the sponsor prize this week is the Unity Stamp Set Eco Chic.  Have your project linked up to the Blog by next Friday at Noon PST to be entered to win this great Unity Stamp Set!!!!

So when you are done here if you have not already been to visit my team mates make sure to head off and visit them and see what great creations they have made too!!!!







Here are some of the Great Items you will find in the Etsy Store for this week Too Stinkin Sweet!!!!!






Here are the particular pieces I choose for my inspiration this week.













I got out SU! Card Stocks in Pacific Point Blue from last years in colors and the Metallic Gold Heavy Shimmery Card Stock SU! sells.  I also used some Shimmery Organza sheer ribbon on my project. 


To make the Medallian/Pendant I cut out a Circle Shape with my Colluzel and then I took a decorative Corner Punch and took the Corner sizer part off and punched all around the circle to create the pretty pendant.


I also took a square of the Metallic Gold Card Stock and embossed it with my CB folder Text and Textile and I die cut the flower with some of my SU! die cuts bottons and bows, and I added a Brilliant Blue Button to the center of the flower.

The Pacific Point Card Stock Square is embossed with my Big Shot and CB embossing foler Swiss Dots and then I took my Metallic Gold Stamp Pad and distressed the edges of the Card Stock with that.  I distressed the small gold square with my Pacific Point Stamp Pad.  The Flower is also embossed with the Swiss Dots embossing folder.

Well I hope that you enjoy my Project today for this weeks Etsy Inspired Post and I hope you play along with us by going to this weeks shop Too Stinkin Sweet and picking out an inspiration piece, making your own project then linking it up to the Etsy Inspired Blog to win the Prize from Unity and from the Etsy Shop by next week at 12 Noon PST!!!!

Have a very Stampendous Saturday!!!!  The girls and I are heading out about 8am to drive an hour to Salina KS where my Sister in Law BIL and my 3 nephews live so we can go to a Sweedish Tea put on by my BIL and SIL's church the girls are really excited they get to dress in their Christmas Best and enjoy the tea put on by little girls dressed up in traditional Sweedish Costumes.  It should be fun just wish we did not have to leave so early!!!!!

Heather

14 comments:

StampinCathy said...

WOW! Your card is just stunning. Love the colors and love how you used the punches.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!! wow! i just love it!

hugs,

de said...

Beautiful! I love the pretty blue soaps and your card it so intricate and beautiful!

Tiff said...

This is so elegant! Perfect for this week!

Jackie said...

Gorgeous card Heather & love the colors you used!!

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

Very pretty Heather! I love all the texture!

the whimsical butterfly said...

This is splendiforously shimmery! WOW! I adore this my friend! So yeah, I will just warn you about today's card you'll be needing your spectacles LOL! Hope you are having a relaxing Saturday! I am FREEZING but other than that we're just kickin' back and hanging out! Get your Frommers yet ? ;)

Rosie said...

Love the pendant card and the colors you used. Very creative.

Danni said...

How beautiful!!

Kerry said...

How pretty! The ribbon up top makes it look like a beautiful ornament!

Cassie said...

oh heather - this is so elegant! i just love it! that pendant that you created is just so eye-catching and stunning!

Regina said...

this is exquisite, just amazingly beautiful! Your creativity is totally amazing, my friend!!

Have a nice day!
hugs and so much love
Regina

PaperCrafty said...

WOW!! This is amazing!! I love how delicate it looks!!

~kelly marie~ said...

Wow! This is so pretty!! Gorgeous!