Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Whimsical Wednesdays - "The Diedrich Dare" Challenge DT Sample a sketch by Jack - Your an Angel!!!

Your My Angel -

My Sweet Daughter of Mine!!!!



Happy Wednesday Everyone!!!!

Well today is Whimsical Wednesday - "The Diedrich Dare" Challenge time and this week we have a sketch from 7 year old Jack Diedrich to play along with!!!!!

It seems lately that I am always doing DT work and I never get to play with my favorite stamps so I decided my next few cards are going to be using stamps I love and stamps that are neglected as of late!!!!  This stamp I adore and it is new but had never been used.  My Good Phone/Blog/ Stamping friend Jessica who also happens to be 7 year old Jack's Mom and who works for The Greeting Farm was lucky enough to have Marie make this image for Jess's also totally sweet just turned 4 year old Ava!!!!

Now see I know that this stamp is for Ava, but my girls are always dressed up and pretending and we have a Snow White outfit they love to play with and my 7 year old Piper loves frogs and has a ton of them so today Ava is Piper or Willow and she has Blonde Hair now too!!!!  LOL!!!!!

So when you are done head on out to my team mates and see what they have for you to see in the form of this sketch and if you have time why don't you play along with us in the challenge this week all you have to do is create a card or stamping project using this sketch and then link it up to Mr. Blinkie on the Diedrich Dare Challenge Blog!!!! (link in my left side bar under the Dare Devil Team links)

I am very sad to say that one of my sweetest blog buddies Lisa is leaving our Whimsical Wednesday Team due to other commitments we will surely miss her!!!!  Good Luck Lisa and this is not good bye we will still be visiting your blog and wonderful creations but we will miss you on our Dare Devil Team!!!!!




The Dare Devil's Design Team

Cassie Larson (Not participating this week)... Darla Wilson Debbie Lee (participating later today)... Heather Schlatter... Jacquie Peifer... Jessica Diedrich... Kim Ross... Lisa Hjulberg (this is sweet Lisa's last week with us on the team tear tear tear)... Lisa Slusser... Rebecca Ednie... Sandra McLean...Randi Whall....


Here is Jack's Great Sketch for DDSC- 12


Now here is my card for Jack's Sketch Challenge I wanted somthing Fun and Whimsical for this weeks Challenge!!!!!  What do you think did I achieve it???




I used My Cuttle Bug embossing folder (can't remember the name??) with Flowers and Circles???  I also used my EK Sucess Flat Staple punch Fluer De Lee for the main panel on top and bottom.

My Card Stocks are SU! Yo Yo Yellow, Brilliant Blue, and Real Red.  The image is stamped and colored on NeeNah Heavy Super White Card Stock which is awesome for coloring with copics!!!!




Here is the Ava image colored as Piper or Willow close up Colored with these copics:

Outfit: Y02, Y08, Y38
R20, R35, R29,
B21, B24, B26
Frog: YG00, YG03, YG09,
Skin: R00, E00, E93, RV21,
Shoes: C2, C5
Hair: Y21, Y26, Y28


The sentiment is using my newest Stamp Set Anya Says I thought this particular sentiment fit perfectly since I plan to give this card to one of my girls maybe both of them!!!!  I used the red brads for the circle images in the above sketch.


Here is the view so you can see some diminsion the Ribbon is Bright Cherry Red Wide Organza Shimmery Red Ribbon (although it almost looks orange in this picture it is definetly Red!!!)

Well I guess this is about it for my Whimsical Wednesday post I hope you enjoyed my card and I hope you decide to play along with us this week too!!!!!

Have a Stampendous Wednesday Everyone!!!!!

We are not leaving until tomorrow morning (Thanksgiving morning) to drive the 3 hours to Marvin's parents farm and we will be there until Sunday afternoon.  I hope you all have a very safe and Happy Thanksgiving too!!!!

Heather

17 comments:

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

What a cute card -- I love the bright, primary colors!

Hope you have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

absolutely adorable! and bright & cheery! you always make me smile.

hope you are all well - finally!

have a very happy and truly blessed thanksgiving.

hugs,

Karen Wilson said...

Oh wow, this is beautiful. I love the color pallette! Glad to hear you're all feeling better, just in time for Thanksgiving. You have a beautiful family by the way!!

Lelia said...

This is so sweet...just like your girls! Glad to hear that everyone is all better over there! Have a very Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!

Big Hugs,
Lelia

Pam Varnell said...

Awwww Heather of course your little girls are princesses too. Love how you made Ava blond to represent your girls. Love the colors of your card matching the image and yes the ribbon looks red to me. Beautiful creation sister. Hugs!!

Nicola said...

Fabulous card and wonderful colouring to this sweet image Heather. Ooh I do like these bright cheery colours and your gorgeous punch.
Hugs and a Happy Thanksgiving,
Nicola -x-

Cassie said...

this is so, so darling!!! i just love what you did with it!! great take on the sketch!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hi sweetie!! I just adore this hun!! Love your bright colors and coloring on the image!! ;)

Wanted to stop by and wish you and your family a very blessed Thanksgiving!! Have fun and stay safe my friend!! HUGS

Regina said...

oh, what a sweet image! Your card is again stunning! So bright and colorful!
I'd like to wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving!
hugs Regina

the whimsical butterfly said...

Awwwww Sweet AVA!!! This is an AWESOME take on the sketch, my friend! OMG so I'm here at your blog and yes, it's two columns again you POOR THING!!!! H1N1, missing blog templates...UGH! You'll have a lot to be thankful for tomorrow when it's all fixed!!!! Call back when ya can-glad you called today so we could catch up! Between my sick germs and your kiddos it's been a long week!!!

Darla said...

Great job Heather~! Love the Ava stamp. You did indeed create a fun, whimsical and bright card.
Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Adorable Heather! I love that image, which looks so cute done up in primary colors. I hope you and your family have a safe trip and a blessed Thanksgiving!

Hugs,
Lisa

Shesjetlagd said...

What a GREAT card! Awesome coloring of miss blondie Ava! ;) The beautiful primary colors are really striking!

Hope the kiddos are feeling better! Sorry about the blog issues - how frustrating!! Big hugs headin your way - as usual!

Debbie

Danni said...

Super cute!! Fun colors!

Kerry said...

Oh my goodness, it's soooo cute and sweet. Beautiful card, love it. :)

Naoual said...

Hi Heather, how have you been? I hope well. Sorry to read about what happened to your blog, I hate it when stuff like that happens!! Oh and I wanted 3 columns too, but I wouldn't know where to begin so I decided to leave well enough alone, lol. Your blog still looks awesome to me, you have your 3 columns back!

Anyway, your card is beautiful and I still NEED that stamp, lol. It's too cute!!

Hugs, Naoual xx

Tanya said...

Oh this is toooo cute!!! Looks a lot like my little one- constantly dressing up, constantly playing princess of one kind or another..! :) Very, very fun!