Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Whimsical Wednesdays "The Diedrich Dare" Challenge DT project - Now I Lay me Down to Sleep.


Nite Nite Prayers with Bizzy the Mouse


Hi Everybody!!!

It is Whimsical Wednesday Time today!!!  Yea!!!  I did not get to play along in the challenge last week because it was that crazy busy no time to breath week, but this week is so much better and I did not want to miss out on participating this week If you are here looking for my Flutterby Wednesday Challenge card I have that post scheduled for 9:30am so don't miss out on really cool projects this week for Flutterby Wednesday too!!!

Of course you will also want to check out all the so so so talented girls on the Dare Devil Team they have some major creativity each and every week!!!



The Dare Devils:


Cassie Larson... Darla Wilson ...Debbie Lee... Heather Schlatter... Jacquie Peifer... Jessica Diedrich... Kim Ross... Lisa Hjulberg... Lisa Slusser... Rebecca Ednie... Sandra McLean...Randi Whall

Now Here is the great sketch for this week from none other than Madelynn herself!!!!  I thought this sketch was a great sketch and a fun one to do at that!!!  I wanted to use the sentiment from the childs Prayer Now I lay me down to sleep so I added one thing to the sketch and that was that there are sentiments on both ends of the rectangle and circle part of the sketch.


Here is my take on the Sketch I hope you enjoy it!!!  My images are from the New Release that released on Tuesday over at Inktegrity by Joni.  I just love Bizzy the mouse and you should go check out the card below this one she created Bizzy with a platter and 9 images that can go on his platter this set is so so so super versatile you NEED it!!!!



I used Card Stocks in SU! Only Orange, Lavendar Lace, Gable Green, and I used my cuttle bug folder with the squares and orange and green dew drops, and my Mega Nesties for the center layers and for the sentiment layers.  I had drew the bed and the pillow and then I colored everything with my copic markers.



I took the above picture because it seemed once I put it all together the bed I created sort of bended into the backgroun.  So I wanted you to be able to see it.  It is by no means a great bed, but I did my best with my limited drawing skills!!!


Bizzy is colored in Copics in these shades:

Mouse: C2, C3, C5, RV21

Sleeper: BV00, BV02, BV09, C1, C2, C3, C5
Bed:  YR00, YR04, YR09, YG00, YG03, YG09



Here is a side view so you can see all of the dimension.  The Sentiment layers are popped up with just the rubber layer of my stamps, ad Bizzy and the bed are popped up with the foam layer of my stamps.





Here are the hand written sentiments above and below in these pictures.  To create the shape I just took a folded sheet of long and skinny paper and ran it through my Mega Nesties to get the same shape of the main part of the card.


Well I guess that is about it for me I still need to write up my Flutter By Post and write a reminder post for the Etsy Inspired Blog as well, I will tell you more about what we have been up to in my Flutter By Post later today!!!!

Have a Very Very Very Stampendous, Fluttering, Whimsical Wednesday everyone!!!!

Heather

11 comments:

Lelia said...

This is so cute, Heather. Love all the layers...and the colors! :O)

Hugs,
Lelia

Jacquie said...

This is SUPER cute Heather!! Your coloring ROCKS girl!! How are you? Hope you are well!!




Take care!
Jacquie/Javablustamper!

PaperCrafty said...

Oh my goodness...that is too cute!! I love Bizzy's bed!! Another fabulous creation!!

Sandra MacLean said...

Heather!! All those layers are amazing! Nicky is going to LOOOOOVE this! And will you please check out that cutting job!?? Awesome card this week Heather!

(PS. You're free to leave the br**n free glasses in their case this week...I went brown-free this week! Ooop! I said the bad word!) LOL

the whimsical butterfly said...

Awww! HOW adorable is THIS?!?!!?

LOVE IT! This is simply gorgeous coloring and I Love your take on M's sketch! You know layers are my friend :) Hope you weren't up all night making these pretty, pretty cards! I'll call ya later this afternoon if I don't hear from ya before then...have lots to catch up on!

Randi said...

This is SO sweet Heather! I like the Halloween-ish colors you used! I'm still in Halloween mode, too. I can't seem to let it go! I cannot believe the holidays are coming already!
Have a wonderful week! I look forward to your Etsy Inspired post!

Darla said...

Heather - I just love this little mouse, and how you colored him and created a bed for him to pray beside. Great job with the sketch - you're awesome!

Kim R. said...

WOW! This looks great! What a creative take on the sketch. I love this!!

Shesjetlagd said...

Heather, how cute is little Bizzy?! You did a great job coloring him, as usual! Such a cute card w/ beautiful layers & bright colors! Love it!

Regina said...

oh, what a great layout .. and your card is so pretty!
A lovely use of this cute stamp .. how you are colouring!

hugs and so much love Regina

Rebecca Ednie said...

What an inventive way to see the sketch! cute mouse too.