Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Whimsical Wednesdays "The Diedrich Dare" It's a Mug Inspiration challenge!!! First post for the day of 2 so Scroll up for my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge Post

Whimsical Sip of Hot Chocolate or Coffee Anyone???


Happy Wednesday Everyone!!!

It is a wonderful Wednesday here in Kansas but so super busy for me as I am getting ready for a major Craft Show/Fair at the Hospital that I used to work at My Neighbor and I are going to sell Christmas Cards, Christmas Organizers, Boxed sets of Cards and envelopes, Birthday, Thank You, Thinking of You, and Get Well Cards, Hot Chocolate Packs - Card stock holders and many more crafty items including som Scrap Book stuff too.  Plus we are making The best Home Made Chocolate covered Cherries and Peppermint Bark, and Orange Cream Chocolate covered patties too.  So  we are running around like cats with our heads cut off this week!!!!!  LOL!!!!

So this week Madelynn's 7 year old younger brother gave us an inspiration challenge for the Diedrich Dare!!!  I had several ideas but in the end this one won over the more complicated projects and I hope it does not disappoint you too much!!!!

Before you are done here though please head out to some of my Diedrich Dare Devil Team mates and check out their amazing work as well!!!!




Cassie Larson... Darla Wilson Debbie Lee  ... Heather Schlatter... Jacquie Peifer... Jessica Diedrich... Kim Ross... Lisa Hjulberg... Lisa Slusser... Rebecca Ednie... Sandra McLean...Randi Whall

Here is the inspiration piece for this week



And Here is my Project all you need to do is go to Lowes or Home depot and pick up some of these taracotta (marble looking) tiles and then get some Brown Staz On ink and stamp up some images and sentiments on them and they make great gifts or great items you can teach in stamping clubs ect...  I used one of my favorite SU! stamp sets on this project and I can not remembe the name of it.  YES Dare Devils I used ALL BR**N on my project and I am not hospitalized quite yet but having majore allergic reactions here in Kansas!!!

Below is a close up of the Sentiment I stamped on the tile

And a close up of the Coffee Mug I stamped up only I do not drink Coffee so I made my Mug into a Hot Chocolate with Marshmellows as well!!!


So I wish I had more time to chat and tell you what all we are up to this week but I have no extra minutes so I hope you play along with us at The Diedrich Dare Challenge Blog all you have to do is make a card or project using the inspiration piece and then link it up to the blog letting us know that you participated in the Challenge this week.

I hope to see you play along with us this week!!!

Have a Very Very Very Stampendous Whimsical Wednesday Everyone!!!!

Heather

11 comments:

craftykitten said...

Hi Heather,
What a fab idea - I've never thought of anything like this before. May have to give it a go now though.
Hugs
Dawn xx

PaperCrafty said...

What a great project Heather!! These would make wonderful holiday gifts!!

little cardmaker said...

I love this project. Do you think they can be used as coasters without the ink coming off? Good luck with the craft show...you reminded me that I need to get my chocolate covered cherries going for Christmas.

Sandra MacLean said...

Heather?!? Heather?? Are you still alive?? I'm worried about you girl! All this brown is completely not like you....did you break out in hives yet?? You know, I had to scroll back up to the top of the page just to make sure I was reading your blog because of all that brown! hehehe Your creativity never ceases to amaze me Heather. This is BRILLIANT!!

Danni said...

I had to double check the blog to make sure it was really yours...I saw brown!!
Neat project and so creative!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Heather,

Just a quick note to say there is something on my blog for you to say thansk for your inspiration.

Hugs Ali x

Darla said...

WOW Heather...something brown from you. So cute! What a great idea. It's perfect for the inspiration challenge. Great job.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Totally awesome Heather! It's always fun to pop by and see what you've been up to. There's always a ton to see and enjoy!

Hugs,
Lisa

Shesjetlagd said...

He he he I'm not going to make any brown comments... LOL! But, I will say that this little coaster is tooooo cute - something anyone would love!
Holy moly! I can't believe ALL THE STUFF you made for the craft fair!! Good thing I'm not gonna be there cuz I'd be REALLY broke! :)

Rebecca Ednie said...

OMW, you used brown!! My jaw has dropped!! Seriously though, great tile, hope you made a set! Glad I could help by having the inspiration photo up early too. You're welcome!!

Kim R. said...

WOW!! Such a creative idea. I LOVE this. Amazing job!