Friday, November 27, 2009

I'm not risking trusting Auto Post so Here is my Feature Friday Post a few hours early!!!! LOL!!! Feature Friday with The Character Cafe DT!!!!

Fairy Belle in a Certainly Bashful Cameo



Well this is going to be a very very fast post we are in Lebanon Kansas Population (I think around 300???) nope I am not kidding this is where my Hubby Grew up and we are at the Farm visiting my Mother In Law, Father in Law 2 Brother in Laws' SIL's and my 1 niece and 5 nephews for Thanksgiving today, then Schlatter Family Christmas for Tomorrow, Family Picture for the Christmas Card tomorrow, and then Saturday not sure what???, then Sunday we will probably stay for Church and then head on home the 3 hour drive back to our house then get ready for school again!!!


So this week the Feature Friday Challenge was a Color Challenge and they were all Paper Trey Ink Colors, but I only have SU! Card Stock for my cards so I substituted Cameo Coral for (    ) Bashful Blue for (  )
and Certainly Celery for (   )  Sorry I can not see the Paper Trey Color names maybe you know what they are???  Somthing Moss, Rain, and ?????

Here is what I came up with!!!  I know I always list my team mates but as I am away from my computer and can not get my lists of links I will just direct you to my side bar today.  Please visit my incred. talented group of DT sisters today's Challenge was issued by Angie C.  she is sue a sweet comenter and makes great cards too!!!


I colored up Fairy Belle (I have a very close attachment to Fairy Belle because she was the image I Sneak Peaked for the very first The Character Cafe New Release Blog Hop with their very first Design Team and I was assigned Fairy Belle so I love her!!!!!

Anyway colored with Copics:

Skin:R00, E00, E95, RV21
Wings and Outfit: R32, R43, B21, B24, G20, G21
Hair: Y21, Y26, Y28

Here is the view of her with the card laying down.  I used CB embossing folder Paisley, and SU embossing Folder 5th Avenue Floral.  I also used SU Rhinestone Brads in circles and in the ICE colors.  My ribbon was White sheer shimery satin and organza ribbon.
I also used my Fleur De Lee EK success staple boarder punch, and My Nesties Peony shape to cut out the pieces matting Fairy Belle.


One last view of her!!!!

I would type more but my family is out in the living room waiting for me to come so we can go to the Hunting Cabin we are staying in.  This will be a new expeiance as we have always just stayed at Grandma's, but with 9 Grand Kids 7 of whome are 5 and under and 1 on the way I think she felt crowded this year and needed more space although 1 of  Hubby's brothers lives 5 miles away and they have 3 of the grand kids and the one on the way so they do not stay here just us and Marvin's younger brother and their 3 kiddo's do.

Off to go to the Cabin, but I will be back tomorrow to post my Etsy Inspired Post for this week!!!!

Heather

11 comments:

the whimsical butterfly said...

Did you say HUNTING CABIN?? LOL! Well, call me by Monday or I'm sending the authorities LOL! This is an ADOrABLE card, my friend! LOVE the color combo and your coloring is great on this super cute image! She's super sweet!

~*Joni said...

How pretty Heather! The colors on this card are soooo sweet and happy, and a nice break from the Christmassy colors that I do love as well. Wonderful job my dear! Enjoy your cabin, what a nice little getaway!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Beautiful card Heather! I love the way you colored up the fairy.

Sounds like you're having a wonderful time visiting family... a reunion! Safe travels home, dear girl.

Hugs,
Lisa

Summerthyme Studio said...

Heather, she is SO pretty! I love what you've been doing on your blog......wish I could find enough hours in the day to leave more comments

Hugs for yoU!

Vicki

Fink said...

Beautiful! Just love the cards and the SU subsitution works out fine!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

She is super cute, Heather! Hope your kiddos are doing better! :)

Sara said...

Super cute, hope your having a great time!

little cardmaker said...

This is absolutely beautiful. Love the coloring and all the texture. Hope you enjoyed your stay with your inlaws!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Heather

Gorgeous card with unusual cards. They are great.

Hugs Ali x

Regina said...

a beautiful fairy! And your color mix is great!

Regina

Rachel said...

Heather your card is GORGEOUS!!!!
hugs,
Rachel