Saturday, November 14, 2009

Etsy Inspired Challenge DT Sample - A very cool Inktegrity image for todays Card - My Snowman Family!!!


Loving Family Fun Time!!!! 



Happy Saturday morning Stampers, Friends, 'Family, and Bloggers!!!

Today is going to be a good day I get to play with new images I am so excited about and I have a Big Announcement on my blog today too!!!  I will post my Announcement at 8:30am I am so super excited about it!!!!

So today is Saturday with is Etsy Inspired Challenge Time!!!  Wooo Hooo I missed playing along last week and getting out to my team mates blogs as well.

About our Craft Fair on Friday (I know some people are wondering how it went)

This week was crazy busy my next door nieghbor and I were getting ready for a Craft Fair at the Hospital I used to work at as an RN and we had so so much stuff ready for the show we went last year but we had about 36 hours from the time we found out about it to the time we were setting up our booth and we worked non stop for most of those 36 hours LOL!!!  This week we started so much earlier and we got really creative with our packaging and our Booth Decoration and we had so much ready for it, but alas it did not go well and we actually made quite a bit less than we did last year!!!  Last year we only made $66 and this year it was less than $50 we hardly sold anything!!!!!  Uuuggghhh We had made 15 Dozen Chocolate Covered Cherries, and 9 dozen Orange Cream Patties, and a bunch of the Peppermint Bark you see in Catalogs for $20 for a 3rd pound and we did not sell any Orange Creams we did not sell our first Chocolate covered cherries until 2pm and then we only sold a dozen total the ones that were packaged in 3's  These Cherries are the best things in the world they are so scrumptious and nothing like store bought Chocolate Covered Cherries!!!  Our booth was in a bad spot so that probably had somthing to do with it but it was just disappointing because we worked very hard on it this week and I was up till 3 am several nights and 4 am 2 night working because I just can not do it during the day anymore just to busy with all the running around for Preschool, and a very busy 2 year old under toe too!!!!  LOL oh well we are not going back next year, it is sad because it has been fun to see all the hospital employee's and such around, but it is not worth all the work we put into it to keep doing it for such little sales!!!

So on to another Postive note I hate to stay in the negative for very long at all  At least now we have all of our Christmas Cards made since the did not sell, and we have all of our Christmas Gifts for people like Teacher, Bus Drivers, Sunday School Teachers and classmates, special friends, and lots more done they are all getting Chocolate Covered Cherries, Peppermint Bark, and Orange Cream Patties and all of the pretty packaging is already done too!!!!  So Christmas Gifts for Teachers ect... DONE!!!!  Christmas Cards to go out to our huge list of people we send Christmas Cards/Christmas Letter/Pictures to DONE!!!!  Yea that feels good even if it is not how I planned to use all this stuff we made!!!!!  LOL!!!!

So Onto the Etsy Challenge this week

This weeks shop has lots of hand made bags, organic baby bibs and burp rags, blankets, and a few other types of items too!!!  

 The Shop is:Nov 14:









Here are some pictures of things in the Etsy Inspiration Shop we are working frm this week.









Here are the items I took my inspiration from:







And Here is my card I love this snowman Joni over at Inktegrity designed the snowman was actually designed to go on the Platter Bizzy the Mouse is carring out to the next room, but I enlarged t and made my Snowman Family.  I colored them all with my copics, and punched a Hand Written Sentiment with the Curley Label SU! Punch.


I used my Mega Nestie for this card but I had to add a piece onto the end to make it long enough for the family!!!  The Card Stock is Baja Breeze from SU!'s in colors last year, and the swirls are all from the CB embossing folder D' vine Swirls folder.

I hand drew the Bows on the Girl Snowmen to give them some gender LOL!!!

Copics used for kids above:
C2, C3, C5, C7, B21, B24, B26, V00, V04, V12, V17, BG10, BG49, BG72

Copics used on the Mom and Dad Snowmen:
RV02, RV32, RV34, RV 10, C1, C2, C3, C5, C7, B100, YR68


Well here is the deminsion view so you can kind of see them popped up a little.  The Ribbon is the most yummy Teal and silver ribbon and on one side it is all silver and on the other side it is all this swirly pattern I love this ribbon it is so super think and pretty!!!1

Well I am off to get a good nights sleep because I have not had one in ages!!!  I hope you enjoy the Card and play along with us in the Etsy Challenge this week just have your creations linked up on the Etsy Inspired Challenge Blog, by Noon next Friday PST.

Have a Very Very Very Stampendous Saturday everyone!!!

Heather

14 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i'm soooo sorry your craft fair didn't go well. i remember 1 year i participated and made over $100, the next year i made $4.00 yep, you read it right only FOUR $$$$. go figure. and those cherries and orange cremes sound yummy too!

and do i really need to tell you how awesome your card is?????? i love it. your cards are always so colorful and happy! YAY!

have a great weekend.

hugs,

Jackie said...

Lovely card Heather & cute images! Great work gf...tfs!!!

Rhonda Miller said...

Heather, sorry to hear your fair didn't go so well. Hopefully it will work out for you next year.

I love your card. Those snowmen are so cute. I love the swirls on the paper. TFS.

Tiff said...

This is darling!!!! I love he colors and textures!

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

This is really really cute! I love how you made your little family!

Kerry said...

What adorable little snow people! :) Sorry to hear the craft fair didn't go too well but glad you have some of your Christmas stuff taken care of now!

de said...

Sorry about the craft fair! Those things are soooo iffy sometimes!

Your card is amazing tho! Love the texture and colors and I love snow people! Too cute!

Rachel said...

OHHH heather, i'm sooo sorry to hear about your fair not going well. Well like you said now you have other gifts done, even though it's not how you wanted to do it, it's done. so that's a plus. if you need somewhere to send some choc covd cherries you have my addy.lol~
LOVE LOVE LOVE those snowmen, you did a fabulous job with them such a CUTE family!!! well i'm off to get me and my girls ready to go to the football game, I'm sending you BIG HUGZ!!!!
have a great weekend Heather!! :0)
Rachel

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Your little snowman family is too darn cute, Heather! :)

PaperCrafty said...

Darling card Heather!! I love the snow family!!

I am so sorry that the craft fair didn't turn out. I know that you worked really hard!! But like you said at least the stuff isn't going to waste and you are actually ahead of the game for the holidays!!

Have a WONDERFUL weekend!!

Dragonlady said...

Oh Heather, I am so upset for you. I know you had been putting so many hours into making things for the fair. Still at least you have found the silver lining!!!

Your snowfamily card is fantastic. The colouring is divine as ever.

Hugs Ali x

Regina said...

oh, Heather, it's a pity, that your fair didn't go so well. And you've been so busy with all your creations and cupcakes.

I love your snowman family! It's so cute and so colorful!

Regina

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Bummer about the lack of sales! My girlfriends and I had a similar experience with a church craft fair last year, which is why we didn't do it again this year. The dismal economy has affected everyone, right down to craft fairs. But maybe you still have stuff left over that you can freeze and give away for Christmas presents?

Adorable card!!! I just love snowmen... and I loved all the inspiration.

Cassie said...

this is adorable!!! i love your sweet family that you created in snow!

sorry the fair was not so good --- you *COULD* have a mail-order business though on some cherries!! I'm just sayin'
my mom and i both luv, LUV those things!!!