Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Whimsical Wednesdays - "The Diedrich Dare" Challenge DT Samples - Arrrrgggghhhh Matey!!!!

Arrrrgggghhh Matey -


A Pirate Card for Nicky -


A Pink Card for the Dare Devils!!!!


Happy Wednesday!!!!!

.......

It is a very Happy Wednesday the nagging headache I had all day yesterday is gone and all my kids are healthy and happy for the moment so all is well in the Schlatter House for today anyway!!!!!

Tomorrow is Willow's field Trip to The Pumpkin Patch her in town and she is soooo excited about going!!!  She has never been on a field trip before because at her pre-school last year they never had one.

Now onto the project at hand!!  Today is Whimsical Wednsday "The Diedrich Dare" and Nicky Madelynn's 7 year little brother issued us the challenge this week and here is what he gave us to work with!  Pretty Cool is it not???  Well of course your mind first goes to a Pirate Card but last week several of us Dare Devil Team Mates were chatting back and forth on e-mail like we do some times and somehow the subject got to my Horrible Terrible Severe allergy to the color Brown.  BR**N is a bad word in my house and so anyway they all were teasing me and said all of their cards were going to be full of Brown, so I told them I was going to make a pirate card in 8 shades of Pink!!!   Well I did not hit 8 Shades I do not think but I at least got 4 or 5 shades in there LOL!!!!!  I have not been out to visit the other girls but I just know I better be putting on those BROWN Free glasses when I do!!!!!!





The Dare Devil Team:


Cassie Larson... Darla Wilson (Not participating this week)... Debbie Lee (not participating this week) ... Heather Schlatter... Jacquie Peifer... Jessica Diedrich... Kim Ross... Lisa Hjulberg... Lisa Slusser... Rebecca Ednie... Sandra McLean...

We are also welcoming my sweet Blogging Friend and totally off the top talented Randi Whall to the Whimsical Wednesday Dare Devils Team this week she is our newest permantent member and you are going to love her creations she has such a unique style all of her own and the way this girls brain works is utterly AMAZING!!!!  So Welcome Randi of The Dark Mermaid Blog!!!!!


Now onto my Dare Devil Card for the week.  So below is my Pink (8 shades????) Pirate Card for Nicky's Inspiration piece thanks Nicki I loved this challenge!!!!



Now the best part of my card is the real Fire singed treasure Map ask Jess (Nicky's Mom)  what it sounds like on the phone when someone is furiously blowing on a piece of card stock that is on fire!!!  LOL gotta have fun right???  Did you know that even after you blow out the flames card stock does not quit burning???  You have to manually take something and put it out on the edges or it will continue to burn back with the umbers!!!  LOL!!!  I have all the scraped black paper pieces in my sink to prove it or at least I did before I cleaned my sink out when I went to bed last night!!!!!

                                      

I colored the Pirate up in these Copic colors:
Hat, Shoes, and Belt - C3 Base C5, C7,
Scarf and Head Band of Hat - R85, R89
Shirt and Scull - E50
Pants C2, C3


On the inside I wanted to use Matey Mr. Pirates first hand helper look at her sword on point to defend her treasure!!!!!!

She is colored up using Copics in these colors:
Hair -  E43, E71, E77 Shirt, Hat, and Pants  - R81, R83, R85, R89 Sword Belt and shoes, C2, C3, C5, C7

Above is the entire inside of the card and below is just the sentiment


I cut the sentiment out with my Heart Nesties and then took my kitchen knife to distress the edges of it.  I hand wrote the messy sentiment so it might look like it was carved with a sword????

For Card Stock and DSP I used the Pirate Scull paper from Basic Gray Eerie pack.  SU Card Stocks in Purely Pomegranate and Pretty in Pink.  The Flowers are Primas and I added maroon and clear dew drops to the corners.

 I guess that about does it for me this week I am off to visit my Dare Devil Team Mates then off to tackle some closet organizing!!!!!  Uuuuggghhh!!!!!!

Heather

14 comments:

Nicola said...

Wowzers girl this card rocks, would love to have seen your face with the burning rofl - such a perfect treasure map finish, so authentic. Fabulous colouring and I just love the sentiment Heather.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Cassie said...

oh wow! this turned out awesome amazing girl!! i just love it!!

Sandra MacLean said...

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome Heather!! You just made my day with this card. I looove all the pink and I especially love the burnt piece of pink paper! I'd have done that too if it wasn't for the ultra sensitive smoke detector in our apartment - it might have set of the main alarm if I had real fire! LOL

Jacquie said...

WOW!!! What an AWESOME creation Heather!! I LOVE it!! Your coloring is AMAZING too, of course!! Hope you and your family are well!!!



Take care!
Jacquie/Javablustamper!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Heather,

fab pink pirate card and I love the little map.

Ali x

Randi said...

SOOO cute!! I love all that pink!!
What a great concept to use the girly pirate inside and I realy love the sentiment! How perfect is that!! I filing this in my notebook of ideas!! LOVE it!!
And how cute is that girly pirate's pink striped shirt!!!
Amazing coloring as always! Your tutorial above BLEW me away!! So much work!! You are so awesome for sharing that with everyone!!

Thank you for all the awesome compliments Heather!! It means a lot!! I'm so looking forward to working together! Hugs!! ~R

Danni said...

you are so creative!! Awesome job!! This is so neat!

Rebecca Ednie said...

Pink pirate map huh? Just kidding, it is terribly cute. And yes, I did know about burning CS bc I used my heat gun to burn the edges of CS once and it caught fire and kept smoldering too. Fun times!!

Darla said...

You did it Heather - a Br--n free card! And such an awesome card. I love your pink map - burned at the edges and everything! I love the card - coloring, layout, image, and the inside is perfect too. Great job!

PaperCrafty said...

Heather, this is so cute!! I love the little treasure map!! Great job with the challenge!!

Shesjetlagd said...

So so so soooo cute! You are so darn creative, lady!! Love how you made the map and also made such a cute 'inside'!! I can't believe you actually burned paper!! And, did you hand draw that little map? Awesome!!

Kim R. said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!! This is amazing. I LOVE everything you did to make this card. You are so talented. All the pinks look great. Good job!

the whimsical butterfly said...

I have to admit I was a little worried about you but I'm glad you didn't burn your house down making this cute, cute (and PINK!) card! If ANYONE can defy the norm and NOT use brown in a treasure map, it's YOU! LOVE THIS! Please no more pyrotechnics while on the phone with me LOL!!!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Adorable in pink and black Heather! How funny that you tried that old trick of burning the edges of the paper. Thank goodness you didn't burn the house down! LOL

Hugs,
Lisa