Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Whimsical Wednesday "The Diedrich Dare" Sketch Challenge Time!!!!! My first Labels Nestie Shape Card!!

Cutie Patooties in a Nesties Card!!!!
Hello Peeps,
.......
How ya all doing??? Sorry for the beginning address but I just have to change up my introduction words every once in a while to make it interesting!!! LOL!!!!!
.......
Well it is time for another lovely sketch from the Uber talented Miss Madelynn this week!!!! I was so bummed I did not get to play along in the challenge last week due to sick kiddo's because Jackie Madelynn's younger brother had the coolest inspiration piece for us to work with and I had the coolest idea and already had my card images colored and cut up, so I told Jess tonight I am going to have to mail Jack his card!!!!
.......
So this week the challenge was back to a sketch and I decided to use my brand new Nesties label 9 die cut set and make a shape card similar to this sketch. This is my very first shape card so be kind if it is not that uber creative!!! LOL!!! I also had to whip out my Spooktacular set from The Greeting Farm for this card because I adore Halloween colors I could use orange, green, and purple on my cards all day long!!!!
.......
So when you are done here head on out to my wonderful Dare Devil team mates they are some of the most creative and inventive girls I know in stamping blog land!!!!
.......

Madelynn's DAREDEVILS:

.......
........
So Here is Madelynn's great sketch for this week, which inspired me to create my very first shape card cut from Nesties!!!!!
.......
Below is what I came up with and I even created my own Mini Accessory Card to go with the real card. Really I ended up doing this because with the shape and size of the card there was really no where to put the sentiment and I thought Marie's sentiments for this set were so cute I could not not use them!!!!

Above the 2 Cards together below the Sentiment accessory card alone. I cut with my Labels 9 Nesties and then stamped the sentiment on and then I embossed the image with my Cuttle Bug folders and my SU! Big Shot. Card Colors, Green Galore, Only Orange, and Lavender Lace SU Card Stocks. Here are the two ultra cutie patooties!!!! Don't you just love them??? My witch's hair is not showing the shine in the picture as much as it does in real life but other than that I really liked how the colors came together and I actually cut that black and orange pumpkin ribbon with my nesties so it would fit the shape of the card which worked awesome I had never tried to cut ribbon with Nesties before but I will probably be doing it a lot now!!!!

.......

Copic Colors Used:

.......

Skin: R00.E00,E95, RV21, - Witch's outfit: V000, V04, V12, V17, - Pumpkin Head outfit: YG00, YG03, YG09, - Pumpkin: YG02, YG00, YG04, YG09, - Witch's hair: YG02, YG09, E07, E09.

Here is a side view I had to prop it up on excess rubber and foam from my stamps so it did not tip over to the side while it was sitting open. I loved how the card shape using nesties turned out and I will be wanting to do this with everything now!!!!

.......

Well this morning I have to get Piper off to School, and then I have to take Willow to Pre-K, and then at 9:30am I am taking Tucker to the Early Ed Center for a Free Evaluation because we have been worried that his speech is so much further behind at his age then the girls were, but I made the appointment two MONTHS ago and in the last month his speech has gotten so much clearer and he is saying so many phrases and such that I think they will say he is fine now!!!! You always hate to hear what they think in case there would be a problem though!!!

.......

I will be back later today with my Flutter By Wednesday Card and tomorrow I have the Lime Light Challenge DT sample to share with you all of us girls on the Etsy Inspired Team got to participate in this months Lime Light Challenge as guest DT's per say!!!! I am excited about it and tomorrow I am also premiering my own set of images Joni over at Inktegrity made for me and I get to give one set away for free so don't forget to come by and leave a comment on that post tomorrow on Thursday for a chance to win the very very cute Tucker image set!!!!

.......

Have a Stampendous Wednesday my Friends!!!!!!

.......

Heather

16 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Hi Heather,

Another gorgeous project. great images and I love the colouring.
As a Mum we worry about everything. I was told my little one would have speech problems because she had a dummy and then (now) sucks her thumb - well her speech is fine. Now potty training that is a whole different ball game. No idea and 3 years old how embarrassing!!!

Take care.

Ali x

Sandra MacLean said...

Awwwww!! Another totally cute and creative card Heather!! You have all the cool tools! Isn't this set fun?? We have the Keene Pumpkin Festival this weekend and the kids all dress up for a HUGE costume parade down main street. This card totally reminds me of this scene! Hope everything goes well with your son's tests. Syd has a flu shot today - not looking forward to it!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love this Heather!! So colorful and bright!! Gorgeous colors and design!! What a beautiful and cute image!!
hugs,
Chris

bluepoohbear75 said...

What a cute card. I love it. TFS

PaperCrafty said...

Adorable card Heather!! Love the shape!!

I only have a son and my cousin has girls so I found that boys develop a little behind. I wouldn't worry to much...they grow out of it.

the whimsical butterfly said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? Ok, this is seriously one of my FAVE FAVE FAVORITE cards of yours EVER! This is SO adorable, I LOVE the shape, and your coloring is A-MAZING, girlie!

Tanya said...

how stinkin cute!!! Love your coloring!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Adorable card, Heather! You know I'm a sucker for all things TGF, and this is no exception! What a terrific idea to make a card base using the Nesties label. Inspired!

As always, your creations...and the number of them...are stunning! I can't keep up! LOL

Hugs,
Lisa

Kim R. said...

I love this card. The shape is so perfect. That stamp set is so much fun. You did a great job!

Danni said...

Oh so creative and cute!

Cassie said...

oh - you're first! and it's wonderful!!!!

Lisa said...

Super cute! Amazing colors! You totally rocked this dare girl!
Hugs,
Lisa :)

Regina said...

Wow, what a stunning card!!! The shape looks gorgeous! You are so creative!

hugs Regina

Darla said...

Heather - this is so darn cute! I love your bright vibrant colors. Such a fun Halloween card. You do such fabulous work.

Rebecca Ednie said...

What cute ribbon and I love the shape you used. Im glad I wasn't hte only one to make a shaped card.

Shesjetlagd said...

Awesome card, Heather! Love those 2 little cutie patooties for sure!! And, there is something really great abt those 3 colors together - they really just "go" together! :) Great idea using that shape nestie, too! :)