Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Retro Post Tutorial - The Large Booglie Pop Out Eyed Candy Holders for Teachers Gifts

Good Morning Stampers!!!! I am busy away in my Stamping Area with Willow getting projects ready for tonights blog hop and for Sneak Peaks and I have not quite finished everything I wanted to show you this morning so as I promised throughout the month I am going to be bringing back Retro Tutorials and Halloween projects I had posted last year before I had any readers on my blog other than my good friend/SU Downline Emily, and my good friend/next door neighbor/SU Downline Tasha, and my Surrogate Mother here in Kansas Paula so here is one of my Tutorials. I made these for the kids teachers before I made all the small ones I shared the other day personally I think the large ones were cuter but the small ones could not use all the punches and such because they were so much smaller. I love this cute Frankie and I taught him in stampers Club last year too.
.......
If I can get my projects finished edited and posted later today before the big blog hop I will be back with more to show you which as close to being done as I am I think I will, but I hate to promise and then not make it back!!!
.......
Friendly Frankin Candy Holders
For Teacher Gifts
Here is a non cropped picture of Frankie
Frankie's Booglie Spring Eyes The Booglie Eyes Project they did at Regional's The Frankenstein Card they made at Regional's last year, I like mine and MaKenzies better, but this one had a good use of punches that is for sure!
At Regional's last year one of the Demo's who did a Workshop Wow Presentation, taught us how to make Cute Booglie Eyes Candy Favors, and a Neat Frankenstein Bag. When I got back I went to one of my Favorite Blogs to check it out, and she had a Frankenstein Bag she is teaching a class on this weekend, her name is MaKenzie and you can view her blog and her version of Frankie here.
(Last Year)
I liked her bag a lot more than the first one, but I liked the booglie eye idea too, so I took all 3 projects and combined them plus changed things up with my own idea's and this is what I came up with.
.
My Tutorial for these cute bags!!!
.......
I choose to use the same technique used to make a spring card and make eyes that spring out of Frankie's head. I took the Weathered Background stamp and inked it in Real Red to get the Blood Shot Eyes. Then I stamped one of my solid circle stamps in black Staz On ink in the center of the 1 1/4 punched out circle - blood shot eye. I then made a spring with paper from the Kiwi Kiss CS I used to make Frankie, and glued it onto the Eye, and Frankie with Glue Dots.
.
For the nose I used MaKenzies idea and I took the Designer Label Punch to make the nose and the bolts sticking out of his head. I punched the nose out of Kiwi Kiss and sponged it with Old Olive.
.
I punched the bolts on Black CS and glued them onto the side of the head with my Snail adhesive.
.
I drew on the scars, stitches, and mouth with my Basic Black SU Marker.
.
I made the Hair with my Paper cutter and Scissors to cut the jagged pieces of his hair. I then sponged the hair which was on Perfect Plum paper with Elegant Egg Plant ink, I attached the top with my Snail, and the forehead part with Stampin Deminsional's.
.
I took a jewelers zip lock bag filled it with M&M's and attached it to the inside of Frankie with my snail.
.
The Deminsion's are 4 1/4" X 11 Inches Scored and folded at 5" and 6" so each side of Frankie is 5"X4 1/4" The Hair is also scored and goes from front to back of Frankie but it is only a few inches long with the score in the middle.
.
I hope you enjoyed the Retro Tutorial!!!!
.
Heather

9 comments:

StampinCathy said...

OMGosh!! These are just to adorable. Thanks so much for the tutorial.

craftykitten said...

I bet folk in your area are falling over themselves to be teachers if the kids take things like this to school!!!!! Wonderful.
Great tutorial too.
Hugz
Dawn xx

Lelia said...

Those eyes are too funny and a little gross! LOL! Wonderful projects and tuts! :O)

Hugs,
Lelia

Penny D. said...

These are very cute. I don't know about my sons class but my daughter's 4th grade class isn't doing anything for halloween :(

Dragonlady said...

Thanks for a fantastic tutorial bet the teachers loved them. Great googlie eyses must try that sometime.

Ali x

PaperCrafty said...

Super cute projects Heather!! Thanks for the tutorial!!

Nicola said...

Ooh these are such fun Heather and gorgeous with it. Thanks so much for a sress free tut.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Angie said...

These Frankie's are soooo cute! Love it, thanks for the tutorial!

Cassie said...

oh man - those booglie eyes are the best!!!!