Friday, October 16, 2009

Feature Friday with The Character Cafe Design Team - Our Challenge this week (Sketch by Diane) - Christmas Scamp tooooo cute!!!!

Such an Adorable
.......
.......
Christmas Scamp at that!!!


Happy Friday Everyone!!!!

.......

And it is a Feature Friday with The Character Cafe Team at that!!!  This week it was my turn to be on the DT Challenge Team.  Each week we rotate 6 of us will be on the DT challenge team and have the same challenge to post a project on with one lead girl posting to The Character Cafe Blog and her own with pictures of all of our projects.  The other 6 girls get to head out to Blog Land and pick a challenge to participate in and do their Feature Friday card for that week using a challenge of their choice!!!!  Diane was our Challenge leader this week and she gave us this great sketch to make our projects off of!!!!
......

When you are done here why don't you head on out and check out all the other girls wonderful Feature Friday posts as well and leave them some stamping love if you have time!!!!

.......



The Character Cafe Design Team:

.......
The Character Cafe Store


The Character Cafe Challenge Blog
.......
Sr. Design team:

Billie's Scrappetique - Billie


Heather's Heavinly Stampations - Me


Luminous In My Chaotic Life - Sarah
.......
New Design Team Members:

Angie Cortes Designs - Angie


Little Card Maker - Annamarie (Lola)


Am I A Scrap Addict? - Deanne


Useless Crafts - Diane


The Art of Papercrafts - Donna


Touch of Creation - Piali


My Cardstock Creations - Rachel


Scrap Happie - Sarabeth


Fink's Happenings - Sheri
.......

So Here is the great sketch Diane issued for the 6 of us assigned to the Team Challenge this week.  It is a great sketch don't you think???  If you like it and you want to participate then make a project and link it up at The Character Cafe Blog and you could win a Guest DT Spot of your very own!!!!
.......
.......
Now on to what I did with this weeks Sketch Challenge I chose to go with traditional Christmas colors and I used SU! Card Stocks in Real Red, Glorious Green, and Certainly Celery.  I used some Christmas DSP's I got on clearance last week gotta love Clearance right???

.......



First I colored up Christmas Scamp with my Copics and then I used my Petite Scallop Oval Lg, and Petite Ovals Lg. Nesties to cut out the ovals that I mounted Christmas Scamp on I took the Certainly Celery oval and embossed it with my Stars CB folder just got that one this week and it is one of my favorites already!!!!
.......

I added 3 silver Dew Drops under the Christmas Scamp image to represent the stars in the sketch they are adhered using glue dots. 



Copics used to color my Image:

.......

Fur: C00, C1, C3, C5, 0,
....
Hat: R20, R29, R35, C1,
....
 Lights: R35, YR09, RV13, Y13, B29, G05, V04

.......

I wanted to add Liquid Applique to his fur on his hat but I just ran out of time, however I will be doing that before I mail out this card!!!!!


Above is a side view so you can see all of the dimension on the card.  All of the layers and panels that are popped up are popped with glue dots and excess foam and rubber from my stamp sets.  The Silver Ribbon is a gorgeous shiny shimmery wired ribbon I got at Hobby Lobby in the wedding ribbon section I love that ribbon it is my all time favorite ribbon I think!!!!

.......

Well today Piper has off of school and Willow never has Pre-K on Fridays so all the kids will be home tomorrow.  Willow has been pretty under the weather lately and we wonder if she has a bad cold or the flu, so she has missed a couple of days of school again this week but you can not send them with a fever, but her fever has broken finally I think!!!!

.......

Saturday Marvin's Mom is coming down and Marvin's younger brother his wife and their 3 boys are coming the hour trip to our house for lunch and then all of us, all of Marks family and their Mom (Grandma) are going to the Pumpkin Patch.  It is awesome they have like at least 30 stations for the kids to do activities like a barn slide and a Retired Fire Engine that shoots pumpkins over a mile away in the air into a field across the way every 30 minutes the kids love that and they have rubber ducky races, Scarecrow building, Hay Rack Rides, and you can even eat there and they have really good and really reasonable prices too!!!  It is a must do every October one year we ended going 5 times in 4 weeks with Field Trips and all sorts of things that year!!!!

.......

Then on Sunday the girls are performing in a Children's Musical at Church it is a really, really cute Musical and they have been practicing for months now and are really excited for it to be here.  That is the reason Marvin's Mom is coming down in the first place we are just adding in the Pumpkin Patch for fun!!!!

.......

Well I guess I will see you back tomorrow morning for another Etsy Inspired DT project and if you missed it scroll down a few posts on Thursday Mandy (the owner of Lime Light Paper Crafts online store) invited all of us Etsy Inspired DT girls to participate in the Lime Light Challenge this week as Guest DT's I loved making the card with some goodies Mandy sent me to play with from her store!!!!  I also have Blog Candy up for grabs until next Thursday and 2 lucky people who comment on Thursdays Inktegrity Sneak Peak post will win my Tucker the Elephant set and one other new release set of their choice!!!!  You get 1 Entry for commenting, 4 Entries for posting about it on your blog in a real post, and 2 more Entries for linking it in your side bar so hurry up and Enter!!!!

.......

Well have a Very Stampendous Friday Everyone!!!!  I know I will it is beautiful forecast for tomorrow way better than last week when it was 29 degrees on Friday and Saturday!!!! 

.......

Stamping Garage Sale for Local Crafter's this Saturday!!!

Oh yeah I forgot to tell you Tasha my next door neighbor/SU Down Line/ Good Friend and I are having a Garage sale on Friday night and Saturday and we have tons of SU! Stamp sets and tools, and accessories for sale and for free if you book a SU! workshop so if you are local come on by on Friday evening or Saturday Morning!!!!  There will also be Kids clothes and household stuff too, but like we do not all know the Stamping Stuff is the most important part right???  LOL!!!!!
.......



.......

Heather

14 comments:

the whimsical butterfly said...

This is FANTASTIC Heather! I absolutely adore all the textures and elements to this-and your coloring is just gorgeous!!! What an AWESOME take on this fun sketch=it's one I've gotta try! Love the new CB stars too ;) You are ROCKING your cards today, girlie!!!

~*Joni said...

AAACK! Did you cut out this dog-dog (my DS' word) and all the lights?!? Holy smokes Heather! It's so adorable, and just perfect for that card layout! Look at how sweet his face is, and the color combo is soooo Christmassy and sweet. Did I tell you that I am sooo in love with your work and enthusiasm?!?! I LOVE IT!!! TY so much for everything Heather!!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Heather,

Sounds like you are going to have a very busy weekend.

Great Christmas card and I love Scamp. Great colouring too.

Ali x

Kendra said...

This card ROCKS Heather!!! I love that DP and your colouring and the embossing just tops it all off... one of my favs by you I think :) ... uh cutting all those little lights must have been a chore in itself!

Angie Cortes said...

Adorable Card! I just love this image and you colored him perfectly!! I love your DSP and the embossing is fab.

Diane (djuseless) said...

I love all the textures you used on this card! You are making want some Copics! Please stop!! LOL!

bluepoohbear75 said...

What a cute card. I love that image, he is soo cute. It must have taken some patience to cute out around that cord and lights. Love it.

Sara said...

Heather, this is too cute! Scamp and the pumpkins are my fave's this time around! Love all your layers, and that start embossing folder is too cute-gotta have one!

Rachel said...

LOVE this card Heather!! your coloring is AWESOME those colors just pop!! that scamp image is just wayyy tooo cute and you did a fabulous job with him. I forgot you were on the FBW challenge, i will definately be joining that one more!! Have a GREAT weekend Heather.
Big Hugs,
Rachel

Regina said...

hello, Heather
absolutely stunning! The 3D-look and how you embossed the DP, what a great effect! It's gorgeous, perfect!

Oh, a very busy weekend! I wish you good luck for your fleetmarket!
hugs Regina

Danni said...

Aww, what a super sweet image! Great card!!

PaperCrafty said...

Darling card Heather!! Love the little dog!! Have fun tomorrow at the pumpkin patch~sounds like a lot of fun!!

Kelly said...

Wow!! You have patience girl, to cut out around those lights. Fantastic job, love the embossed CS and the silver skittles on the bottom. I like how you coloured his fur under his chin different. Now it looks like he has wrapping paper in his mouth too.
Kelly

Shesjetlagd said...

Such an ADORABLE, GORGEOUS card! Great take on the sketch and you obv have extreme patience to cut out the perfect string of lights! :) Beautiful coloring!!