Friday, October 23, 2009

Feature Friday with The Character Cafe - Lost Internet around Noon Yesterday




{{ETA: Heather is having MAJOR internet issues so it's her friend Jess filling in to help out w this post-so it's only about 1/2 done-Sorry!!!..she'll be back ASAP!!!}}}
 It's Character Cafe Time

in the 



 
 Well I was not able to post earlier today or last night because my Internet has been really sketchy out for a few hours and back for 20 minutes then out again.  I think they have fixed it now though so I am going to try once again to get this post up before my Internet goes bye bye!!!  LOL!!!!

I am so excited to share my Feature Friday Post with you this week.  It was my turn to head out to blog land and pick a challenge to play in and I choose a rather new challenge called
Just Us Girls Challenge or they call it JUGS too!!!!  These girls are the girls who used to be on Lauren Meaders Design Team but now that they are not doing the My Time Challenges anymore the girls wated to still do something together so they started the Challenge!!!  It is only the 3rd week and they already have over 100 players how cool is that???

I also wanted to support the challenge because two of my blog buddies I have met out there Kristin Bueter and Alicia Wieman are both on the challenge Team and I think Krisitn was the first one to really get it going plus she was my very first blogging buddy in the first days and months of my blog we had started our blogs at about the same time too!!!

Anyway here are my Character Cafe Feature Friday Cards for the week.  My Team Mates all have wonderful creations as well please check them out!!!!  I can not list their links because I could not log onto the internet in the program that I normally do so I do not have my saved lists with me but they are all listed in the Character Cafe links off to the side in my left side bar!!!!


Use the Colors Red, Aqua, and Cream in your cards.  I had to substitute the Cream for White and my pictures were very disappointing to me they just did not come out at all like they look in real life and I used my OTT light in natural light but that Auqa color with the red did not photograph very well at all!!!!!
Bummer!!!!

I loved the colors so much I made two cards for this week.   The first one is Using The Character Cafe Snowman image this image set comes with 4 Snowmen 3 of them have a different sentiment and 1 is just the snowman is he not the cutest???

 
 I colored him up with Copics in these colors:
B21, R20, R29, R35, BG11, BG32

I put liquid Applique on his Winter Hat for trim and the Ball on the end of the hat then made it all puffy with my Embossing Gun.  I cut the snowman out using my Labels 1 Nesties and I added my very favorite favorite Silver Wired Ribbon from Hobby Lobby.

 

Now onto Daisy Her pictures are aweful too I was totally bummed but with all the internet issues I finally just said I have edited this enough I hope it works!!!  I just love Hippy Daisy she also comes in a Set of 4 3 of which have different sentiments and then 1 without sentiments.

 
 I cut Daisy out with my 5 Petal Flower Shapeabilities in the biggest flower then traced along the outside to get the red outline of the nestie around it.  I used some Satin Hippy feeling Heart and Flower decorated ribbon.  I also added some Red Gem Stone Shapes in the flowers and the hearts they really make the card sparkle!!!!

I colored Daisy up with my copics in these colors:
Pants: BG11, BG32, BG34
Flowers and Shirt: R20, R29, R35
Skin: R00, E00, E93, RV21
Hair: Y21, Y23, Y26

Well, this is where Heather had to leave you for now....stop back later for more on this cute, cute card!  Thanks!   ~Jessica ;)


 

10 comments:

bluepoohbear75 said...

Great card. I love the little snowman and the sentiment is fun.

Diane (djuseless) said...

Great cards Heather!

Fink said...

Hope the internet is fixed soon! Thanks to Jessica for filling us in. Great cards there girly! I love the coloring & the fun of the cards!

Tanya said...

technology stinks!
I love the hippie girl on a big old flower! What a fun idea! The snowman card is super cute!

Sara said...

They turned out great Heather, hope your internet issues are cleared up soon!

Rachel said...

Awesome cards Heather!!! you did a fabulous job.Hope you have a great weekend.
hugs,
Rachel

Regina said...

Heather, your cards are beautiful! You did an amazing job with the coloring!
I love the snowman card, it's very vibrant and cheerful!

Kendra said...

Thanks Jessica for filling in for Heather :) & Heather, your cards are fantastic... I especially love the snowman one, it's so crisp and clean and just awesome! Hope you internet woes are gone now!

PaperCrafty said...

Darling cards Heather!! I love the hippie girl on the big flower!!

Kristin Bueter said...

HEATHER!!! I'm so happy you found our new challenge blog! Yay!! BOTH of your cards are totally adorable! I LOVE the simple layouts and the cute images you used. Your coloring is fantastic!

I sooo hope you keep playing along! Sorry I'm so delayed in commenting...it's hard to keep up with all the entries, but we LOVE every minute of it (and every single submission)!! Come back this Saturday for sure! I'm hosting the Wild Card challenge and EVERY participant will be a winner ;]

Thanks girl for promoting our new challenge! Hope you keep joining us :)