Sunday, October 11, 2009

Feature Friday with The Character Cafe - A few days late this time!!! MoJo Monday Ocean Scene

Magnificence of the Sea!!!!!
Happy Sunday Everyone!!!!!
.......
Well as I had one kid or the other sick last week I got behind on posting my DT cards for the week and today I am going to share with you my Feature Friday Card for The Character Cafe Team!!!! We have changed up Feature Friday's just a bit as there are 12 of us now. Each week 6 of the girls will be making cards that the girl in charge that week issued the specific challenge on and this week that girl in charge is Billie and she asked for sewing on your cards so at least 5 of the other team mates played along with her challenge. The other 6 of us went out into the blogging/stamping world and picked a specific challenge to play along in using our Character Cafe image of our choice for the challenge. I happen to be part of the latter group this week and so I found MOJO Monday and played along in their sketch challenge for the week!!!! I know a ton of people play in MoJo Monday but I have only done it 2 times so this is a good challenge for me to start trying more often!!!
.......
So when you are done here if you have not had the opportunity to go out and visit my The Character Cafe Team Mates and see what they all created for you and what TCC images they are showcasing for this week!!!!
The Character Cafe Design Team:
.......
Owners Kendra and Kelly
.......
Sr. DT
.......
.......
New DT
.......
.......
So Here is The MoJo sketch for the week below.
.......
I took some Kraft SU! card stock and liquid glue and then I rubbed the liquid glue all over the paper evenly using a scrap of cut or torn Card Stock to make sure the card stock was well covered in the glue then I took some colored sand and shook it all over the panels to make it look like this card is really at the Beach!!!!
........
I colored the turtle Seymore image (From The Character Cafe Store) up with my Copics and then cut it out with the Petite Scalloped Circle Nesties.
.......
Seymore is colored up with C1, C5, G20, G21, G22,G85, G94, G94, and YR26, YR28
.......
Here is a close up of the sand on the Kraft Paper.
.......
Well that is all for today have ton's of things to do today!!!! LOL!!!!
.......
Have a Stampendous Sunday Everyone!!!!
.......
Heather

16 comments:

Regina said...

hi, Heather
a wonderful take on the sketch! What a clever idea with the colored sand! And your image is so cute!
Hope you are having a wonderful sunday!
hugs Regina

Dragonlady said...

Hi Heather,

This is really different. I love the turtle image and the colours you have used.

HUgs Ali x

PS Received my images thanks again

Lelia said...

Well, would ya look at that? I really thought you had used actual sand paper. Fab job, Heather!

Hugs,
Lelia

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh Heather, this is so adorable!! I love that turtle, but I also love the way you've made your "sandy panels" for this sketch!! Awesome take girl!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!! HUGS

PaperCrafty said...

Fabulous card Heather!! Love the little turtle image. Great job coloring!!

Danni said...

Love this turtle!! Awesome card! I had to double check it was your blog though, you used the br__n color that makes you sick...hehehe!!

Ann Kranitz said...

Ohh Heather, this is super fantastic....your coloring is phenomenal.

Maria Matter said...

this is brilliant Heather, love it!
Blessings, Maria

Shesjetlagd said...

Great coloring and such a cute card... but how cool is the sandpaper?! :)

Sara said...

wow! what a gorgeous card! i just love your coloring and that back ground is incredible :)

Heather the Mooselover said...

Hi Heather! Like you- I'm always a sucker for a beautiful name! Your blog is awesome! I love the turtle image and the sandy beach is fantastic!

Talk soon!
Heather Strenzwilk

Rachel said...

Gorgeous card Heather!! love how you used the sand on your card. and the coloring on your turtle is Fantastic!
I sure hope everyone is feeling better! :0)
hugs,
Rachel

Billie said...

This is beautiful, Heather! I love Seymore Turtle, but haven't used it yet. Love this!!!

Emily said...

The turtle seems so live!!! Your coloring is soooooo amazing!!!!

Kelly said...

Wow Heather!! Great idea for the sand background,it compliments the image perfectly and your colouring is fantastic!!
You rocked it!
Kelly

Kim R. said...

You do such an amazing job coloring. WOW!! This card is so fun.