Saturday, October 10, 2009

Etsy Inspired DT Sample - Can't Type much I burned my Fingers pretty BAD!!!!

Think Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness!!!!
Hi Everyone!!!!,
.......
I can not type very much because I burned my fingers pretty bad while we were making Carmel apples tonight!!!! I am fine just have some throbbing painful fingers with blisters on them!!! So I am going to go send you to the Etsy Inspired Blog for most of the information this week, and copy and paste what I can!!!!
.......
First I have to say CONGRATULATIONS ASHLEY!!!!! Ashley is the Grand Prize Winner of my 3 week long Blog Candy Blogoversary Celebration read post below for details!!!
.......
Prize for Participating this week:
.......
Mandy our guest designer this month is also the owner of Limelight online stamp/ craft store, so Limelight has been kind enough to sponsor us this week and the prize is Cosmo Cricket's 6x6 Nutmeg pack and 6x6 Nutmeg chipboard set. If you are new to the Etsy inspired challenge and don't know the drill I usually type it all out but this time head over to the Etsy Inspired Blog to get all the details!!!Also every person that makes a purchase from this weeks shop gets FIVE entries into the drawing.

Etsy Inspired Design Team:

.......

De Swanick... Emily Niehaus... Heather Schlatter... Jackie Bowman... Joy Stagg... Kerry Angeles... Kristen Dyer... Lee Murphy... Mandy Chesire (Oct Guest)... Shannon Bracken... Tiffany Johnson...

.......

This weeks shop is Kharliebugs: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7754285 and here are my inspiration pieces I picked out I used #1 as my personal inspiration.

.......

And Here is my Card made from the inspiration piece!!!

.......

Since October is Breast Cancer Month Joni my Boss over at Inktegrity (Link in side bar click on the blinkie) Created this wonderful Lady Bug Breast Cancer Ribbon image!!!! I added the red spots on the ribbon but the rest is all part of the image Joni made for this month. So this way I was able to combine my Inktegrity Card for the week along with my Etsy Card!!! I love it when combining works!!! My Inktegrity team mates have made some wonderful cards using this image too this week so be sure to check them out too thier links are in my left side bar under the Inktegrity Blinkie!!!

.......

I colored my Lady Bugs with R20, R35, and R29 Copics for the reds parts and RV11, and R13 for the pink Parts then I painted on some Pink Poinsettia Blingz and Bubble Gum Shimmerz on all of the pink parts of the image it really makes it shimmer and sparkle!!! In the picture below you can see the sparkle from the shimmerz!!!! The images were printed on NeeNah super white card stock but to make it tan I colored the entire white paper with my E43 Copic so the tan part around the image is colored from white to tan.

Look close at the Patterned paper below and you can see all of the dark pink lady bugs all over the paper.

.......

The Card Stock and Papers I used are SU! Card Stocks in Real Red, Rose Red, Pink Pirouette, and Kraft. I used that pretty pink, tan, and rose Lady Bug Paper from one of my Basic Gray 6 x 6 paper packs.

The ribbon is sheer organza with painted white polka dots on it. The flowers are Prima Printed Flowers with Pink and tan spots and a dark brown (yes I did say Br**n) solid flower from the same set. I used my new Peony Nesties but I did not die cut them to get the sizes I wanted I actually took the biggest Nestie in that set and traced inside the nestie around the image to get the size I wanted and then I traced around the outside of the image to get the matte size I wanted!!! I thought the red polka dot ribbon was perfect for the image Joni designed and the Peony Nestie seemed perfect for the Big Flowers on the inspiration piece above!!!

.......

Well that is about all my throbbing fingers will let me type tonight!!!! Tomorrow my friend/next door neighbor and I are going to Wichita Kansas to go to a Stamping Conference and then on Sunday after Church we are going to this Amazing Pumpkin Patch that has a ton of fun activities for the kids we have gone every year now for 5 years they are so much fun and we can even eat lunch there!!!

......

Have a very Stampendous Saturday Everyone!!!

.......

Heather

16 comments:

~*Joni said...

HAHA! You said Brown! That is so funny Heather!! :D
I love Kharlie's bags! She is actually one of my own bosses too -as she is the owner of The Digi Shack. This card is soooo incredibly adorable, thank you for using my cancer awareness ladybugs! Out of your huge arsenal of rubber and digi stamps, I am honored that you chose this one. You are the bomb! The nestie combined with the paper piecing, ribbon embelli, and incredible layout is so perfect. Have a great time at the conference and patch Heather!!!

StampinCathy said...

Congrats to all the winners!
Your cards is just beautiful and can't wait to see all the fabulous purses in this stoare.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Well first...OUCH!!! I'm sorry about your fingers hun...hope you're feeling better soon!!

Congrats to all the winners and I REALLY adore your card today sweetie!! These little buggies are too stinkin' CUTE!! :) TEE!! TFS! HUGS

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

What cute little love bugs! Fabulous card! :)

PaperCrafty said...

Fabulous card Heather!! I love it!! I love your little touches like the additions to the ribbon. The DP is perfect and the nesties are making me want to open another window to place a quick little order. Have a wonderful weekend!!

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

This is soooooo pretty Heather! I think it's my favorite from you so far! I love the ribbon treatment! The papers and the sweet images go together so well! Awesome job this week, you knocked it out of the park!

tiffguam said...

Your card is soooo pretty! I hope your fingers heal soon!

Kerry said...

What a fun card...love the threaded ribbon! Hope your fingers feel better soon! Have fun at the pumpkin patch!

margie c said...

What a beautiful card! I love those lil ladybugs!
Hope your fingers heal fast and painless :*)
Have fun picking pumpkins!
~ margie

de said...

Love your card! That iamge is so adorable and the red spots really add to it!

Danni said...

Hope your fingers feel better!! Cute card!

Lelia said...

Very cool card...love the ribbon weaved on it! :O)

Hugs,
Lelia

the whimsical butterfly said...

What the heck girl? You BURNT your fingers? Hope youre ok-that would explain why I haven't gotten an email back from you, LOL! Hope all is well...Hugs!

Mandy said...

Heather, how incredibly pretty!! Hope those fingers heal up quickly!

Regina said...

hi, Heather
your card is totally adorable! What a great way to use the ribbon!
sweet greetings Regina

Shesjetlagd said...

Love how sweet this card is w/ the pinks & reds! And, those ladybugs! Adorable! But, let's get to the important part... how were the caramel apples?! LOVE caramel apples! I hope your finger is OK!